Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

The scent used at A, apparently, is Votivo - Deep Clover. Sounds nice.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• empaulio
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Silk View Post
      The scent they always used when I got stuff from there was their Bois D'Argent cologne, I ended up getting a bottle of it too. I find it highly unlikely that your clothes would smell like a candle they were using, candles don't have the silliage or strength to make clothing smell unless they were constantly burning the same candle day in and day out, and even then I don't think it would work. Try the Bois D' Argent cologne, I think that may be what you were smelling all along.
      I also have a bottle Bois D'Argent, the Dior Homme concession always used to smell of Eau Noire, I was talking about the lady's/ fine jewellery boutique. With that diptyque candle the fragrance does linger. After leaving the shop I could smell the fragrance on my hair.

Comment

• RC,
        • Nov 2009

The latest comme scent standard is pretty amazing. its a collaboration with Artek. Also CDG 53 has always served me well.

Comment

• rogelro
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by RC, View Post
          The latest comme scent standard is pretty amazing. its a collaboration with Artek. Also CDG 53 has always served me well.
          yeah I want to try it but haven;t gotten a sample yet. Can you describe it RC? I'm hoping the odd notes will be more prevalent then the generic ones, ie: Finnish Labrador Tea, Twinflower and the metallic / rust notes I hear that are in it.

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

hmmm, it's pretty disappointing to me actually. more or less single note as far as I can tell, doesn't really develop. it is very very similar to the zagorsk incencse scent, perhaps more metalic, but still "greeny". would def try a sample first. the bottle is very nice though.

Comment

• Silk
              • Jan 2009

I have sampled it and someone at my office wears it alot. Funny it reminded you of a CDG incense scent, because I immediately thought it was very similar to CDG incense: Avignon, and was surprised to see they don't share similar notes. I think Standard is less dark and gothic than Avignon and slightly more woody and light. If you are a fan of the incense series then you will probably like this.

Comment

• rogelro
                • Mar 2008

thing is who isn;t a fan of the cdg incense line, there has to be one out of the five that appeals to you. my 2 faves are kyoto and quarzazate.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                  • Nov 2008

I found Kyto to be too clean. From Incense, I prefer Jaisalmer for its warm, herbal textures..

Hate to be typical, but Man2 is still the king in my opinion though.
                  Originally posted by philip nod
                  somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• rogelro
                    • Mar 2008

funny thats kinda why I like Kyoto, but yeah I like quarzazate because of the dried fruits/spices in the top notes

nothing wrong with that man2 is a great scent but there are better ones out there.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                      • Feb 2009

My first perfume: Nothing
                      My second: Sport America
                      My third: U.S.A. Star
                      Fourth: Ëgoiste Platinum by Chanel
                      Fifth: Cerutti
                      Sixth: GANT
                      Seventh: Jean-Paul Gaultier Deux
                      Eighth: Comme des Garçons Lemon
                      Ninth: Kenzo
                      Tenth: Comme des Garçons MAN
                      Eleventh:: Yohji Yamamoto
                      Twelfth: Comme des Garçons (Original)

Some Fahrenheit and Dior samples have also been used and misused at times.

Comment

• imhauser
                        • Feb 2010

looking for a fragrance

does anyone know a company out of east hampton "tomas prossier" might be a misspelled name...

i saw it at fred segal for around 140 and was trying to find out some info about them, thanks
                        j

Comment

• rogelro
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by imhauser View Post
                          does anyone know a company out of east hampton "tomas prossier" might be a misspelled name...

i saw it at fred segal for around 140 and was trying to find out some info about them, thanks
                          j
                          nope never heard of them, how did they smell though?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by imhauser View Post

j
                            the only company out of hamptons i know is antonia's flowers - excellent stuff.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mmmmrk
                              • Dec 2009

I'm completely sold on Le Labo. I bought Rose 31 a while back, and have loved it ever since, but forgot how amazing the actual brand image is until I popped into the Nolita store last night. The LA exclusive, Musc 25 is definitely one of the best scents imo. Some of the more popular fragrance lines all have very similar notes(which isn't a bad thing, in terms of building a strong identity), such as Comme, and Tom Ford private blend, but Le Labo manages to have a pretty wide range of different scents that are all consistently good.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Agreed on le labo, although they are a bit expensive, i think. Bergamotte 22 is seriously awesome. Anyway, I am not buying any more cologne, no matter what it is. I use it rarely, so I feel like I'm wasting money at this point.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎