• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
    i think i finally decided on my next perfume. Messe de minuit by Etro. Nothing like a little catholicism to pull me back
    Beautiful stuff. Shaal Nur too.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

mononono barneys rite there on oak / rush has serge lutens and l'artisan

Comment

• syed
        • Sep 2010

Are there any good options out there using Hinoki as the main base? I've tried Comme des Garçons' one for Monocle, but it sits a bit too sharp on my skin unfortunately.
        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
          i think i finally decided on my next perfume. Messe de minuit by Etro. Nothing like a little catholicism to pull me back
          i used to be an altar boy when i was in grade school , was actually fun gettin to see the behind the scenes stuff and the room with the incenses which i loved back then but nowadays as an adult somethin about church incense smells bug me . i just read the notes on Messe de minuit and it sounds pretty interesting , im gettin a sample of it to check it out

Comment

• mononon
            • Sep 2009

thanks to all for the advice.
            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• neonrider
              • Jan 2008

^ i've sworn by annick goutal "sables" and smn "colonia russa" for many years as swiss knives.

messe de minuit and shaal nur are indeed awesome, but i think the actual "construction", the ingredients etc, don't do justice to the recipe of the fragrance.
              ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by neonrider View Post
                ^ i've sworn by annick goutal "sables" and smn "colonia russa" for many years as swiss knives.

messe de minuit and shaal nur are indeed awesome, but i think the actual "construction", the ingredients etc, don't do justice to the recipe of the fragrance.
                do you need an extra bottle by any chance? i have one that's 7/8 full - I am finding it a bit too rough for my tastes.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• evilsean
                  • Mar 2010

timeless

Comment

• underground lover
                    • Feb 2010

I've been going through my boyfriend's bottle of Diptyque's Vetyverio over the past few weeks. It's unisex which in most cases I find tend to lean towards the masculine side and are too strong for me but there is something very refreshing about Vetyverio. I'm generally not a fan of anything florally but this one is quite subtle and reminds me of a Tom Ford fragrance that I can't put my finger on.

subvert normality.

Comment

• klangspiel
                      • Apr 2007

sampled penhaligon's sartorial during the weekend. bertrand duchaufour's subtle and reverent "deconstruction" of the classic fougère, as well as being an homage to the scents found at the norton & sons tailors' workroom. impressions are that i'm quite smitten by it, particularly the beeswax, lavender, aged leather, and woody notes. actually, it's pretty damn amazing. gonna have to give it a thorough go someday.

luckyscent:

"As an inspiration for Sartorial, Bertrand Duchaufour launched into an olfactory exploration of the Savile Row bespoke tailor Norton & Son’s workshop. The odorant threads he’s teased out compose a radically new vision of the most traditional masculine fragrance family, the fougère. Lavender acts as a reference both to the fougère and to a typically English scent. Boosted by aldehydes and ozonic materials, it conjures the steam rising from hot irons on tweeds – fear not, there isn’t the least hint of the aquatic in the blend --, the scissors and sewing machines. The dusty leather of club chairs and mounted hunting trophies springs from the combination of black pepper, gurjum wood, oakmoss and a leather accord. Patchouli and cedar rubbed in beeswax and honey soften the hard edges of the leather and metallic effects and smoothly wrap the blend, just as the waxed floors and cupboards bathe the tailor’s shop in a warm, fatty-animalic glow. Duchaufour aficionados may recognize a trace of that signature green pepper note he’s dropped into many of his compositions."

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ anything with the word sartorial is a must on SZ!

kidding aside, sounds good.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lost53
                          • Dec 2010

Indeed, does read very nice... shame about the royal patronage I would say!!

Comment

• syed
                            • Sep 2010

I was excited when I heard Sartorial was coming out, but every time I have tried it, it has been too sharp against my skin. I prefer the smell of it on others. My everyday as of late has been Hammam...

"Inspired by the scent of the Turkish Baths on Jermyn Street, Piccadilly, Hammam Bouquet is an daring oriental created by William Penhaligon in 1872. Animalic and golden, it is warm and mature, redolent of old books, powdered resins and ancient rooms. At its heart is dusky Turkish rose, with jasmine, woods, musk and powdery orris. Heady and glamorous, Hammam Bouquet is evocative of the Edwardian era of decadence and excess."

I like warmer scents, especially for the fact that I have slightly darker skin. Was thinking that I may get some Malabah for Autumn, because with a tan it will be too sweet to wear through Summer. Every time I go into the Covent Garden store they try to recommend Elixir to me, but it reminds me too much of Coca Cola on my skin
                            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• shibbel
                              • Mar 2011

Bond No.9 makes some really nice scents, my favorite of which is...

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by shibbel View Post
                                Bond No.9 makes some really nice scents, my favorite of which is...
                                No, they make one nice scent...and that's not it.

Save yourself a $200 and get Rochas Man. Same perfume, better product...and then you don't have to support Bond's plot to take over the world.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎