• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Atom View Post
    I have a book called Kyoteau, a wonderful little story about memories and feelings of Kyoto, and creating a parfume from that point. The book contained a small bottle of fragnance, created by Christophe Laudamiel.

The fragnance never made it to production. Unfortunately, because I absulutely loved it, and I've used the small sample bottle already. So, I wonder if anybody have any recommendations for a scent from Christophe Laudamiel that has any woody, hinoki-like notes in it?

Thx.
    The Humiecki & Graef line I mentioned above is all done by Laudamiel, as is S-ex (also mentioned). From the H&G line, I recall Askew & Skarb being woodier than the others.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Atom
      • Sep 2009

Thanks, will definitely check these out.

Comment

• aphex27
        • Jan 2009

Dane, any suggestions for someone who wears dior homme intense?
        Something for winter/night? I got the ysl la nuit de l'homme the other day. It's ok, but a bit too "synthetic"...

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by aphex27 View Post
          Dane, any suggestions for someone who wears dior homme intense?
          Something for winter/night? I got the ysl la nuit de l'homme the other day. It's ok, but a bit too "synthetic"...
          Bvlgari Black...anything by Annick Menardo actually. If you're willing to spend a bit more and leave the department store selection, Dzing! and Saffran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur are both beautiful.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Haven
            • Oct 2011

Dane, I also wear dior homme intense and I really like it. However, I would like to try something new aswell. Those L' Artisan, could you try describing them? And the retail$, through the roof?

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Haven View Post
              Dane, I also wear dior homme intense and I really like it. However, I would like to try something new aswell. Those L' Artisan, could you try describing them? And the retail$, through the roof?
              Retail isn't bad...$95/50ml $140ish/100ml (sometimes they don't come in 50ml though).

Dzing is a strange, circus-inspired scent...cotton candy, hay, elephant dung...it's truly bizarre and something that has to be tested. Saffran Troublant is simple, saffron with a touch of vanilla and rose. It's medicinal and off-putting to some, but I find it beautiful.

Comment

• Haven
                • Oct 2011

That's a lot more reasonable then I imagined. I must try to find those, Dzing sounds crazy for sure! You seem very well oriented in perfumes, passion of yours?

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Haven View Post
                  That's a lot more reasonable then I imagined. I must try to find those, Dzing sounds crazy for sure! You seem very well oriented in perfumes, passion of yours?
                  Yes, passion/work. :)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    Bvlgari Black...anything by Annick Menardo actually. If you're willing to spend a bit more and leave the department store selection, Dzing! and Saffran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur are both beautiful.
                    A scent and a half. My very long time favorite (right behind GIT ).
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      A scent and a half. My very long time favorite (right behind GIT ).
                      C'mon!!! Donate the GIT to the cast of Jersey Shore and live in the pure bliss of Black!

Comment

• aphex27
                        • Jan 2009

Thanx!
                        I'll try to find the Artisan ones..I hate it when I smell the same as someone else and I'm smelling DHI more and more lately...

Also, I'd appreciate your opinion on dhi if you wouldn't mind...

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

i think a good one for someone that wears dh is mechant loup ( from artisan ) . its been around for a while but i still love it and have gone thru 2 bottles . theres like a top layer of somethin mildly sweet and then lurkin beneath that is this wet animally fur smell but its verrrry subtle , w /in that furriness i also swear i smell pee not like a whino behind a dumpster but much more like the smell of a wolf i guess , somethin furry and natural . on some ppl i dont pick up that smell but on others and myself i detect it . i love it specially the name mechant loup , like some horny wolf luring red ridin hood w / the softly sweet top notes but lurkin beneath that layer is somethin animal like and untamed thats not completely hidden by sweets so u kno better than to follow him and hes up to somethin bad

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by aphex27 View Post
                            Thanx!
                            I'll try to find the Artisan ones..I hate it when I smell the same as someone else and I'm smelling DHI more and more lately...
                            Maybe a year or so after the original Dior Homme was launched and they realized it was going to be a huge hit, they released two flankers - Intense and Cologne. The Cologne was great...came in a big 125ml bottle and replaced some of the iris topnote with citrus. The Intense wasn't my thing...a bit too dense. The new Intense sort of meets all of them in the middle...not bad at all, but I'd still rather have the original (which was also reformulated when the new Intense was released btw).

Comment

• Haven
                              • Oct 2011

Anyone knows any Berlin stockist of L'Artisan?

Comment

• aphex27
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                                i think a good one for someone that wears dh is mechant loup ( from artisan ) . its been around for a while but i still love it and have gone thru 2 bottles . theres like a top layer of somethin mildly sweet and then lurkin beneath that is this wet animally fur smell but its verrrry subtle , w /in that furriness i also swear i smell pee not like a whino behind a dumpster but much more like the smell of a wolf i guess , somethin furry and natural . on some ppl i dont pick up that smell but on others and myself i detect it . i love it specially the name mechant loup , like some horny wolf luring red ridin hood w / the softly sweet top notes but lurkin beneath that layer is somethin animal like and untamed thats not completely hidden by sweets so u kno better than to follow him and hes up to somethin bad
                                This is the best perfume review I've ever read..

Maybe a year or so after the original Dior Homme was launched and they realized it was going to be a huge hit, they released two flankers - Intense and Cologne. The Cologne was great...came in a big 125ml bottle and replaced some of the iris topnote with citrus. The Intense wasn't my thing...a bit too dense. The new Intense sort of meets all of them in the middle...not bad at all, but I'd still rather have the original (which was also reformulated when the new Intense was released btw).
                                Thanks...always good to know the opinion of someone who understands something on a deeper level than yourself...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎