• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HreP View Post
    Do any of you know any European sites where you can buy interesting (not D&G, Bvlgari, JPG, Armani, etc. I can try those on in my local stores) testers, maybe of some the fragrances suggested on here?

Also, I know this is probably something most people appreciate about a fragrance, but do any of you know any alternative to those chemical parfumes? It's not because of health reasons, but all the fragrances I've ever had, have, no matter how good they smell, had like a chemical undertone. Something more natural maybe, without it of course being some supposed-to-be trendy, overpriced 'eco-friendly' shit.
    I feel like I'm hogging this thread...I hope someone else responds too!

My favourite EU-based shops are http://shop.lessenteurs.com/ (Heeley, Lutens, Amouage, Etat Libre, etc.) and http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/index.php?language=en (The Different Company, Humiecki & Graef, CDG, Divine, etc.)

Some decent "all natural" companies - http://www.honoredespres.com/ and http://www.aesop.com/site/fragrances.html. L'Artisan Parfumeur also makes two great natural scents - L'Eau de Jatamansi and Cote d'Amour.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      L'Artisan Parfumeur also makes two great natural scents - L'Eau de Jatamansi and Cote d'Amour.
      love cote d'amour . only thing i dont like bout it is the mellow sweetness durin drydown . for the 1st 25 mins or so that salty sea smell is so gotdam good but then that mild sweetness comes in and idk just really bugs me . its not sugary sweet, more floral sweet but its annoyin to me tho other ppl around me always tel lme that shit smells great

Comment

• nqth
        • Sep 2006

i have a sample vial of poivre samarcande. fresh, mossy and a little bit leathery. not too peppery on me. a perfect scent:) it's maybe similar to their terre d'hermes but much much simpler and has a wonderful clarity imo.

sometimes i use vetiver tonka, quite an unusual vetiver, sweet and bitter. Never thought that i might like sth from hermes.

diptyque tamdao is smooth dry sandalwood, love it in cold weather, but maybe it's good spring and summer as well.

i use a lot of citrus colognes in summer (when it's 35C+)
        Last edited by nqth; 05-08-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• HreP
          • Mar 2011

Well, I definitely appreciate it!

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I've just ordered 7 samples from L'artisan and Humiecki & Graef - among those is Cote d'Amour. I'm looking very much forward to try them on.

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          I feel like I'm hogging this thread...I hope someone else responds too!

My favourite EU-based shops are http://shop.lessenteurs.com/ (Heeley, Lutens, Amouage, Etat Libre, etc.) and http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/index.php?language=en (The Different Company, Humiecki & Graef, CDG, Divine, etc.)

Some decent "all natural" companies - http://www.honoredespres.com/ and http://www.aesop.com/site/fragrances.html. L'Artisan Parfumeur also makes two great natural scents - L'Eau de Jatamansi and Cote d'Amour.

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

Top 10

Great topic.

Top ten fragrances for me are:

1. Frederic Malle - Dominique Ropion - Geranium Pour Monsiuer
            2. Frederic Malle - Dominique Ropion - Vetiver Extraordinarre
            3. Frederic Malle - Jean Claude Ellane - Bigarade Concentree
            4. Byredo - Oud Immortel
            5. Comme des Garcons - Red Series - Sequoia
            6. Comme des Garcons - Series 3 - Jalsalmer
            7. Heeley - Menthe Fresche
            8. Heeley - Lemon Verbena
            9. Comme des Garcons - Red Series - Harissa
            10. CB I Hate - The Smell of Burning Leaves
            Last edited by darkbydesign; 06-06-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

^^ good list.

The Heeley line is often overlooked. They make some excellent stuff...Verveine/Verbena is one of my favourites. Cuir Plein Fleur is also on my want-list.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Vanna
                • May 2008

I don't wear scents ever, but I recently got turned on to Diptyque Philosykos. Really nice fig-y scent. Pleasant, impactful, but not overwhelming. My friend gave me like 6 boxes of samples.
                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• nqth
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                  I don't wear scents ever, but I recently got turned on to Diptyque Philosykos. Really nice fig-y scent. Pleasant, impactful, but not overwhelming. My friend gave me like 6 boxes of samples.
                  Did you try L'Artisan's Premier Figuier? Very nice green, woody and fig-y. They also have an Extreme version but i prefer the original one.

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by nqth View Post
                    Did you try L'Artisan's Premier Figuier? Very nice green, woody and fig-y. They also have an Extreme version but i prefer the original one.
                    No, I have not. That actually sounds really nice. Where can you find that? I'm definitely partial to woody, earthier scents.
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• jogu
                      • Jun 2009

can get all the l'artisan stuff at barneys . 1st fig is pretty nice for a fig scent and i also prefer it over dipty's version . my fave from lartisan is navegar . 1st time i smelled it i thought of camping when i was a kid . it smelled kinda grassy a little bit , and sorta like off bugspray . i know the description and notes for it have nothin to do with any of that but i swear thats what it heavily reminds me of . like goin away to camp for 2 weeks in late july and u had wood cabins and everything smelled like bugspray or fresh deodrant and also trees and plants , and when the bell rings everyone who had been broken up into groups durin the day would walk to the mess hall for supper and youd get all kinds of outdoor smells converging at once , like some kids were swimmin and others were doin archery and some were in the woods foraging stuff like twigs and pine cones , so there were like a bunch of different smells that u couldnt quite pick out individually but altogether it was uniform and memorable

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                        No, I have not. That actually sounds really nice. Where can you find that? I'm definitely partial to woody, earthier scents.
                        Barneys, L'AP store in SoHo, Aedes de Venustas (if you can stand the snotty staff).
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

^Aah, thanks Faust. Though, I find the perfume staff at Barneys a little snotty, too. They just stand there and stare.

I like Caron, too. And the woman who works at the boutique on Lexington is fantastic.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Top of my favs look not very original:
                            CdG Dover Street Market
                            CdG White
                            CdG Zagorsk
                            Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin 2007

But I really felt in love with CB I Hate Perfume line.
                            "Winter 1972" is great.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Barneys, L'AP store in SoHo, Aedes de Venustas (if you can stand the snotty staff).
                              No kidding...they're so cunty.

Adding L'Artisan mini-boutique in Bendel's.

Comment

• Fenix
                                • Aug 2010

Yesterday, we had an opportunity to chat with James Heeley after barging into what we thought was a flagship store which turned out to be his office/showroom. He took the time to explain the thought process behind many of his scents, the packaging, ect. Very gracious, made me proud to be a supporter.
                                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                                Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎