• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post
    Yesterday, we had an opportunity to chat with James Heeley after barging into what we thought was a flagship store which turned out to be his office/showroom. He took the time to explain the thought process behind many of his scents, the packaging, ect. Very gracious, made me proud to be a supporter.
    Wow, what fun. I'm a big fan of his. For some strange reason, they've discontinued Cedre Blanc though, which was one of my favourites. Smells like curried yogurt.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

Heeley

Yeah, Heeley is fantastic.

Menthe Fresche and Lemon Verbena are fantastic. So green and yummy.

Sel Marin and Ophelia are also airy and warm!

Comment

• JCastor
        • Dec 2010

new six scents "amber" is very nice. smelled it at the arnhem biennalle. notes are leather, green melon, sandalwood, violet, and of course, amber

Comment

• birdytg
          • Feb 2010

I totally agrre with you NQTH, Premier Figuier by l'Artisan Parfumeur is much more subtle and fine compared to Dyptique fig, keeps its subtility longer.
          I also agree that Essence (eau de parfum) is also for me, a bit less convincing that the eau de toilette. Compared to, Essence is maybe loosing the fresh green side of Premier Figuier.
          I would highly recommend to first use the Premier Figuier Body milk which keeps its scent longer than the liquid fragrance and makes a perfect basis to add the fragrance on to take benefit of the fragrance for long hours...
          http://www.mypixeldiary.com
          http://www.birdytg.com
          www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
          http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• Sergey Seven
            • Sep 2010

so this is mine top =)

Comment

• swrecked
              • Sep 2011

Le Fleur by Jean Paul Gaultier is still one of my favorites.

Comment

• Staton Viguier
                • Jan 2008

Not sure if I can recall any mention of Olivier Durbano in this thread. Wonderful line.
                Black Tourmaline especially. Notable for a crude damp earthiness that sets it apart from your average incense/woodsy/campfire inspired scent.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

A "nose" and genuine eccentric. A rare perfumer, one of a handful who use only natural ingredients, he is a French convert to Sufiism who goes by the nom-de-perfume "Abdes SalaamAttar."

Read about this fascinating man here. If you are thusly inspired, you can also buy a beginners perfume kit with tinctures of the animal scents that make up traditional perfumery: honey beeswax, ambergris, castoreum, civet, and hyraceum.

MBD
                  Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 10-21-2011, 03:33 PM.
                  "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                  It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                  My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

What a delightfully colourful individual. Checked the website out, really interesting scents and some quite rare stuff up there. And gotta love that his taken last name is Attar
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

He's got some really great scents...not cheap, and not nicely packaged, but charming nevertheless.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

I want to smell like a cave. You know, like moss and dirt and mud and guano. What do I buy to smell like a cave?

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                          I want to smell like a cave. You know, like moss and dirt and mud and guano. What do I buy to smell like a cave?
                          I had to google guano...

Anyway, some ideas:

1. Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens (if you're located in Europe) - damp, root-vegetable smell.

2. Angeliques Sous La Pluis by Frederic Malle - cold, gin-like.

3. Preparation Parfumee by Andre Putman - see #2, only cheaper.

4. Muscs Koublai Khan - feces, etc.

5. Narcisso Rodrigez For Him - "safest" of the lot...also cheapest. Leafy, awkward, green.

6. S-ex by S-Perfume - bizarre, musk/leather.

You might also like any number of oud fragrances - check out Oud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale, Oud 27 by Le Labo, etc. These are more fecal than "cave", but might be of interest.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

I posted something when I first got it, but I've really been enjoying CB I Hate Perfume's "Wild Hunt". It's the perfect scent for fall with it's mossy, wet leafy notes. It's also a bit cave-like I think with musty earthy notes, but no guano I'm afraid. Some have described it as rotting flowers, which I sometimes get as at times it can be almost sickly sweet only to recede back into a warm woody smell.
                            music

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                              I posted something when I first got it, but I've really been enjoying CB I Hate Perfume's "Wild Hunt". It's the perfect scent for fall with it's mossy, wet leafy notes. It's also a bit cave-like I think with musty earthy notes, but no guano I'm afraid. Some have described it as rotting flowers, which I sometimes get as at times it can be almost sickly sweet only to recede back into a warm woody smell.
                              Lots of his stuff would probably fit the category nicely, but I hesitate recommending things from this line because they tend to be one-liners...you smell, you love, you buy, you bore of it.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Checked out that Bachmakov scent someone recommended and it is very nice indeed.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎