X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    Lots of his stuff would probably fit the category nicely, but I hesitate recommending things from this line because they tend to be one-liners...you smell, you love, you buy, you bore of it.
    yup totally agree w / that , its kinda cool at 1st but its so fuckin linear , the way it smells when u 1st spray it is exactly how it smells at the end of the day , no evolution , not that complex either . some of them are silly also like roast beef ? cmon

i love de bachmakov from dif company ALOTTTT , smells cold and green and crisp , like it almost makes ur nose feel cold just smellin it . i almost bought a bottle but idk its not rly what i want for myself but on someone else id love it . i actually think its worth the $200 price tag , its totally not typical but its not gimmicky either , its rly well blended

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

The Different Company make several excellent scents...I wish they got more attention. Osmanthus is really beautiful...one of my all-time favs.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

Would you wear a perfume that made you smell like "A Day at the Beach?" How about "Baby's Butt?" If so, scent inventor Christopher Brosius can help. His Brooklyn boutique is at the vanguard of the anti-perfume movement.Would you wear a perfume that made you smell like "A Day at the Beach?" How about "Roast Beef," or "Baby's Butt?" If so, scent inventor Christopher Brosius can help. His Brooklyn boutique is at the vanguard of the anti-perfume movement

ugh

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I don't even wanna talk about that...he's such a douche. He has a few decent scents, but reading quotes from him, or worse yet, hearing him in person, makes me want to .
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
            I don't even wanna talk about that...he's such a douche. He has a few decent scents, but reading quotes from him, or worse yet, hearing him in person, makes me want to .
            "My work is really about things that really do smell wonderful, but don't have a lot of the properties that commercial perfumes do." Like lasting more than 10 minutes. Might as well put water on, stuff doesn't last at all. double ugh.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Speaking of double-ugh...I had the "privilege" of testing a $24,000 perfume at Guerlain on the weekend...nice bottle...that's about it. Generic florals of average quality can be had for $24 last time I checked.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Does it matter in what position you store the bottles? Mine are standing now, but I have a shallow pull-out drawer where I could lay them down.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Does it matter in what position you store the bottles? Mine are standing now, but I have a shallow pull-out drawer where I could lay them down.
                  I would keep them upright...just in case. Not the end of the world either way, but best to avoid leakage.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

^ I regret not buying the Damir Doma when I had the chance (to buy it in person). Beautiful stuff, and all natural too, which is uncommon.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Yes, that's a nice one. I've got a sample as a gift.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nahneun
                        • Feb 2011

Dane, the Damir Doma is still for sale at some places. I can PM you the link, if you'd like. While we're on the topic of the Six Scent series, does anyone have any experience with Juun J's Can't Smell Fear? I'm interested in buying a bottle but I was wearing cologne already when I found a tester bottle so I couldn't really test it out on myself. I find using paper doesn't really do much to accurately represent the smell because fragrances interact with your natural body scent :|

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Might be obvious (or a lost cause), but I really wish people would focus more on the perfumer/nose who creates their favourite fragrance and not the brand itself.

For example, if you like the Damir Doma (which is a rare hit for Six Scents imo), knowing that it was created by Yann Vasnier (which is printed right on the label for this particular brand) would lead you to several other excellent creations...like L'Homme de Coeur by Divine; Palisander by CDG; Rose by CDG; Donna Karen Gold, etc.

People who get caught up in brand loyalty are often disappointed unless the company they're interested in has an in-house perfumer (Hermes, Chanel, etc.)

Random tip for the day.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I am sure people in the base notes world do that, no? It's kind of SZ for perfume, isn't it?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I am sure people in the base notes world do that, no? It's kind of SZ for perfume, isn't it?
                              More of a sad, Creed circle-jerk, but generally speaking, yes.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Haha. Well, Creed is good :). Green Irish Tweed is my number one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎