X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Merz, you might like the new CDG. Smells like Scotch tape.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Merz, you might like the new CDG. Smells like Scotch tape.
      Have you tried this yet? I'm anxious.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Yes, I have a bottle sitting in my closet ;-). I like it. I thought it'd be out by now.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Yes, I have a bottle sitting in my closet ;-). I like it. I thought it'd be out by now.
          It may well be...I just haven't made it uptown to check it out.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
            I was loving the sample of Byredos' Oud Imortel I had and was going to buy a bottle but Ochre did first.
            i tried this today from reading about it here..

it's nice, but it reminds me of the stuff your dentists swaps inside your cheek just before a novacaine injection.

Comment

• Halber Mensch
              • Oct 2011

The new CdG is definitely out already and I guess I'm gonna order a sample soon. Can you describe it a bit more in detail Faust ? I've read that it also smells like some sort of imaginary flower.

By the way, can anybody recommend me some Parfumerie Générale scent to check out? I've already smelled Un crime exotique and liked it a lot, but it smell a lot like christmas and I would like to have something more versatile.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Halber Mensch View Post
                The new CdG is definitely out already and I guess I'm gonna order a sample soon. Can you describe it a bit more in detail Faust ? I've read that it also smells like some sort of imaginary flower.

By the way, can anybody recommend me some Parfumerie Générale scent to check out? I've already smelled Un crime exotique and liked it a lot, but it smell a lot like christmas and I would like to have something more versatile.
                PG makes a few great scents - Papyrus is an intense, green, dry wood...not my thing personally, but good. Felanilla is a modern take on Shalimar/Emeraude...iris/amber. Rose Brule is just what is says...charred rose.

Only thing about PG is that they're very intense...very foody...most are rather sweet. They're good, but can be a bit much at times.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

I am liking this at the moment... not really on me, just around the house.

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I suck at describing perfumes, and I lost the press release :( I asked for another one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Here's an overtly verbose review...to be taken with grain of salt.

Comment

• munch
                        • Aug 2008

hmmm I was out buying xmas gift perfume yesterday and thought of this thread ... I am quite the extreme newbie when it comes to perfumes but my favourite perfume ever is the Odeur 53 by CdG and am feeling tempted to try something new in a similar vein. recommendations please? (the best way I can describe it is probably "after rainstorm" smell if you haven't tried it)
                        or perhaps I should try something completely else but definitely not a fan of strong smells, sweet is a huge no-no
                        thanks!

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by munch View Post
                          hmmm I was out buying xmas gift perfume yesterday and thought of this thread ... I am quite the extreme newbie when it comes to perfumes but my favourite perfume ever is the Odeur 53 by CdG and am feeling tempted to try something new in a similar vein. recommendations please? (the best way I can describe it is probably "after rainstorm" smell if you haven't tried it)
                          or perhaps I should try something completely else but definitely not a fan of strong smells, sweet is a huge no-no
                          thanks!
                          53 contains over 50% Hedione, which is a jasmine isolate (also used to line Glad kitchen bags). Odeur 71, if you haven't tried it, is based on 53, but adds some metallic notes comes across a bit cleaner (soapier).

For after-rain smells, S-ex by S-Perfumer (which I keep repeating over and over again here...but it's really good!) and Angelique Sous La Pluis by Frederic Malle both fit in that category.

Comment

• munch
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            53 contains over 50% Hedione, which is a jasmine isolate (also used to line Glad kitchen bags). Odeur 71, if you haven't tried it, is based on 53, but adds some metallic notes comes across a bit cleaner (soapier).

For after-rain smells, S-ex by S-Perfumer (which I keep repeating over and over again here...but it's really good!) and Angelique Sous La Pluis by Frederic Malle both fit in that category.
                            haha that makes it sound bad somehow.
                            I haven't really tried the 71, the 53 was just one I had to try so I ordered it.
                            I didn't really find any CdG perfumes here in Montreal but I haven't really looked thaaat hard yet. hmm you don't happen to know any places carrying either of those perfumes here btw? you being from Toronto which is rather nearby

hmm yeah just read a little on basenotes about S-ex and it does sound interesting - however some people claim it smells a bit like unused condoms which is not that great of a smell if it's very strong, but I assume this is not?

thanks!

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by munch View Post
                              haha that makes it sound bad somehow.
                              I haven't really tried the 71, the 53 was just one I had to try so I ordered it.
                              I didn't really find any CdG perfumes here in Montreal but I haven't really looked thaaat hard yet. hmm you don't happen to know any places carrying either of those perfumes here btw? you being from Toronto which is rather nearby

hmm yeah just read a little on basenotes about S-ex and it does sound interesting - however some people claim it smells a bit like unused condoms which is not that great of a smell if it's very strong, but I assume this is not?

thanks!
                              Re: Basenotes - don't read it.

S-ex does have some chemical notes, which is intentional. Not unlike chlorine, etc. It really is a special perfume and definitely worth trying if you have the chance.

Re: Montreal - http://www.boutiqueuandi.com/

Re: 53, all was intentional, and not a bad thing! 71 just adds some complexity, which is nice. John Waters wear 53...you're in good company!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

From the press release:

"The fragrance opens with the man made organic composites of aldehydes and safraleine, opening up slowly to hawthorns and derivations of lilac, before exploding in a riot of flower oxides, then finally succumbing to notes of industrial glue and brown scotch tape with hints of musk and styrax."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎