• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • munch
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    Re: Basenotes - don't read it.

S-ex does have some chemical notes, which is intentional. Not unlike chlorine, etc. It really is a special perfume and definitely worth trying if you have the chance.

Re: Montreal - http://www.boutiqueuandi.com/

Re: 53, all was intentional, and not a bad thing! 71 just adds some complexity, which is nice. John Waters wear 53...you're in good company!
    ahh, I see. well you definitely have me curious about it. (I heard you send out samples of it to people in montreal who can't find it btw!! wink wink)

yay, that store looks neat! thanks a lot!

hmm hmm yeah. they did have the 71 at U&I so I'll have to judge for myself.

thanks once again!

Comment

• Marko
      • Jul 2009

Thenk you so much for everyone who gave me advice. I checked out the Hermes jardin and I love it. Unfortunately they gave me the bath and shower gel instead of the perfume and I didn't realize until I got home.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Marko View Post
        Thenk you so much for everyone who gave me advice. I checked out the Hermes jardin and I love it. Unfortunately they gave me the bath and shower gel instead of the perfume and I didn't realize until I got home.
        Which one did you get? I haven't tried the monsoon yet, from the Hermes Jardin series, but obvs. I'm curious. I am imagining that the shower gel sample doesn't do what the frag does, but, yeah, duh.

re: endersgame Byredos' review - trust me, Oud will - or needs time to allow it to - grow on you. Try the By Kilian Incense Oud - a friend who smelled it on me couldn't stop talking about how sexy it is. If you can't find it, send me your address -- I'll send you a sample. I just bought the Rose Oud 50 ML, too, so I can add that in. (And no, I'm not a shill!) If you're sure you hate Oud, then too bad for you! Heh.

MBD

p.s. this thread is on fire lately. Love it.
        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by munch View Post
          ahh, I see. well you definitely have me curious about it. (I heard you send out samples of it to people in montreal who can't find it btw!! wink wink)

yay, that store looks neat! thanks a lot!

hmm hmm yeah. they did have the 71 at U&I so I'll have to judge for myself.

thanks once again!
          send me pm with address.

I snagged a giant 200ml bottle of Mousson for $20...it's the "body spray", but is plenty potent and smells consistent with the regular EDT to my nose. I quite like it, but it's not the crowd pleaser that the rest of the line is.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• uL7iMa
            • Oct 2010

I'm quite intrigued by the S-ex (like quirky smells)...but I can't seem to find any stores that carry it in Europe, much less finding a sample.. Is it only available in US?

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• uL7iMa
                • Oct 2010

yeah I saw that website, but international delivery to UK is $30!! Half the price of the bottle, and no samples to try it out first lol..was hoping there was a shop that carried it in Europe..

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by uL7iMa View Post
                  yeah I saw that website, but international delivery to UK is $30!! Half the price of the bottle, and no samples to try it out first lol..was hoping there was a shop that carried it in Europe..
                  Ah, gotcha...agreed, shipping is steep (same price to ship to Canada too btw). Buying 2 bottles helps a bit. ;)

As far as samples go, you can check theperfumedcourt.com, but they're pretty pricey.

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                    Incense Oud
                    Rose Oud

p.s. this thread is on fire lately. Love it.
                    so..

i tried the incense oud, baaaarely there. it is the equivalent of a watered down immortel after the second day.

rose oud, is not really for men imo..

and what did i end up getting today?

50ml immortel, lol..
                    i changed my mind on the second day. it's a great scent. i kept wanting to eat my hand at the spot i sprayed.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                      so..

i tried the incense oud, baaaarely there. it is the equivalent of a watered down immortel after the second day.

rose oud, is not really for men imo..

and what did i end up getting today?

50ml immortel, lol..
                      i changed my mind on the second day. it's a great scent. i kept wanting to eat my hand at the spot i sprayed.
                      WAIT: did you try the BK pure oud?! Oh no - it's going to kill me to have to wait to tomorrow to smell it. Ack.

MBD

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

hey, formosian sista, lol. i don't have the delicate nose to tell you exactly what pure smells like but i would say it's incense oud with 3X the potency, which still wasn't that strong. but i was chewing mint gum and wasn't sure what the hell I was sniffing, so you better go yourself..

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

It smells like agarwood-base...same as the base used by Montale, Tom Ford, YSL, etc. etc. It's not bad by any means, but for that price, I want some actual our in the bottle.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

Some quick codes all:

for luckyscent: MUA -- this promo code has been working forever and it gets you free shipping. Great if you're just ordering samples because otherwise shipping is $9.95

for Kiehls: HOLIDAY -- lasts until Dec 31 and gets you $20 off a $65 order. I know there are some Kiehls Musk lovers out there. Order a tube of their lip balm while you're at it...

MBD

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

I'm hunting a new leather scent. I've been wearing Memoire Liquide's Cuir Millisime, and I adore it. But, I feel like I should get something different now that I ran out. Same rich, dark leather scent, but possibly a bit more warmth. I have no idea how to describe scents, those are the words I would use, but I don't even know what they will mean to anyone else.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                                I'm hunting a new leather scent. I've been wearing Memoire Liquide's Cuir Millisime, and I adore it. But, I feel like I should get something different now that I ran out. Same rich, dark leather scent, but possibly a bit more warmth. I have no idea how to describe scents, those are the words I would use, but I don't even know what they will mean to anyone else.
                                I'm not familiar with that particular leather, but leathers of interest:

1. Chanel's Cuir de Russie (lush, floral leather)
                                2. Heeley's Cuir Plein Fleur (more masculine floral leather)
                                3. Le Labo's Patchouli 24 (smokey leather)
                                4. Etat Libre d'Orange's Rien (bitter, harsh leather)
                                5. Knize Ten (smooth, leather-amber)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎