X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uL7iMa
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    Ah, gotcha...agreed, shipping is steep (same price to ship to Canada too btw). Buying 2 bottles helps a bit. ;)

As far as samples go, you can check theperfumedcourt.com, but they're pretty pricey.
    Thanks Dane! Website is helpful! :)

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I thought this was interesting...albeit not surprising.

Total annual releases:

If anyone's curious...celebrity perfumes from '91: Liz Taylor White Diamonds, something from Julio Iglasius, and Mikhail Baryshnikov's first and only.

*source Boisdejasmine...one of the few blogs worth reading.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• shah
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
        Some quick codes all:

for luckyscent: MUA -- this promo code has been working forever and it gets you free shipping. Great if you're just ordering samples because otherwise shipping is $9.95

MBD
        hah forever seems to have ended

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Amazing chart. Thanks, Dane. It's pretty nuts.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

Do you have any information on how much sales have actually grown in this time? That looks like a bubble if ever I saw one.

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Total annual releases
              I can't decide which is more suprising, the huge amount of releases or the relatively small amount of celebrity releases
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                Do you have any information on how much sales have actually grown in this time? That looks like a bubble if ever I saw one.
                I do not...they tend to keep that type of info as hidden as possible. I think I've mentioned before in this thread, but 5 companies produce 90% of those numbers...so they make money, then the licensee makes money, retail makes money, discounters, decanters, etc. etc. etc. I can tell you that in 2001, a 100ml mainstream release was around $60, compared to today's average of around $110.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• aphex27
                  • Jan 2009

I do not...they tend to keep that type of info as hidden as possible. I think I've mentioned before in this thread, but 5 companies produce 90% of those numbers...so they make money, then the licensee makes money, retail makes money, discounters, decanters, etc. etc. etc. I can tell you that in 2001, a 100ml mainstream release was around $60, compared to today's average of around $110.
                  There was this short clip about celeb perfumes on E! channel the other day, and there was Britney Spears (in what looked like at least 3-4 years ago) saying she had just sold her 10th million bottle...

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

god i found somethin last nite that was totally unexpected , the sa was like try this and when i saw the bottle i was like hmmm nah , id read the notes for it a year or 2 ago and based on that i just wrote it off like no ill hate it . but i smelled it anyway to be nice and i was like holy shet , was nothing at allllllllll how i thought it would be . now it went from zero to like 1 or 2 on my buy list

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                      • Feb 2008

anyone got a suggestions for a grapefruit type fragrance?

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

CdG "Grapefruit". :) From the Series C?

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Pamplelune by Guerlain and Pamplemousse Rose by Hermes.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                            • Feb 2008

thanks guys, will check it out. where do you guys buy your fragrances online?

lately, i've been a big fan of YSL rive gauche for everyday wear.
                            Last edited by Bring The Noise; 12-03-2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• aphex27
                              • Jan 2009

Hey Dane, I just received the Bvlgari Black I got online based on your recommendation.
                              I didn't know which one it was, but it brought back some sense-memories which were completely lost in my subconscious for about a decade...
                              Kind of "inception"-like, dream-within-a-dream type of stuff...

A wonderful, wonderful perfume...thanks for the recommendation...

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by aphex27 View Post
                                Hey Dane, I just received the Bvlgari Black I got online based on your recommendation.
                                I didn't know which one it was, but it brought back some sense-memories which were completely lost in my subconscious for about a decade...
                                Kind of "inception"-like, dream-within-a-dream type of stuff...

A wonderful, wonderful perfume...thanks for the recommendation...
                                You're welcome...glad you like.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎