Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

What's "regular" anyway...I don't think it exists, just some abstract term people throw around to give themselves the reassurance for any number of personal intentions in all directions.

Although the one distinction I'd make is those who cling to that adjective religiously as some marker of stability/balance...never trusted, liked nor related to those types.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

I am not at all irregular, but crazy and irrational enough to spend this amount of my income on clothes. The people you would describe as regular spend much more money than me on oversize TVs, stereos, cars,..., just different things, even with clothes they buy more for less money. How would you call them? Regular in terms of clothing, irregular in terms of other things? This doesn't make sense at all. These words contradict the pseudo-tolerance of the anything-goes-even-copies-mentality because they divide people into groups nobody can fully comprehend.

Comment

• mizzar
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
        I am not at all irregular, but crazy and irrational enough to spend this amount of my income on clothes. The people you would describe as regular spend much more money than me on oversize TVs, stereos, cars,..., just different things, even with clothes they buy more for less money. How would you call them? Regular in terms of clothing, irregular in terms of other things? This doesn't make sense at all. These words contradict the pseudo-tolerance of the anything-goes-even-copies-mentality because they divide people into groups nobody can fully comprehend.
        You said it yourself, they do something different, they wear copies, they buy tv, cars, ipods and all ) They have nor passion nor willing to buy originals, thats all. It does make sense. People divide themselfs in groups. Thats how it works, if you don't belong to group, a rather big actually, you are irregular, crazy and irrational.
        ____
        sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• DRRRK
          • Aug 2009

My own words in your post sound like an insult. Even "they" sounds insulting. Does the word "individual" have a meaning for you?

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Eternal
            http://i50.tinypic.com/s6hqwi.jpg
            Guy is actually a member of a German "rock"-band called Tokio Hotel... Usually he more looks like some pokemon who has been given electro shocks.
            However... Great Music ...errr ... not
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• comex9
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              so basically you'd be alright with someone blatantly stealing what you have created and making money off of it?
              We'd have to get into another discussion about clothing as art versus functionality, which of course i think clothing can have both. I remember a comment that clothing is hard to categorize as art when a significant aspect of its price is directly related to the material used.

I do not agree with breaking copyrights and trademarks. I do want to ask if current/future artists, styles, and invention, are not impacted by ones in the past of the like.

Comment

• comex9
                • Jan 2009

I guess he is, but only if "regular" people buy it! What does this mean? Regular as the opposite of privileged or superior? Where do you stop being regular?
                I should not have used the term 'regular', like regular Joe. sounds terrible. almost sounds like saying 'those people'

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                  so basically you'd be alright with someone blatantly stealing what you have created and making money off of it?
                  They're not competing markets whatsoever. I don't think designers like it, but it's something they'll have to live with.
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• mizzar
                    • Mar 2008

My own words in your post sound like an insult. Even "they" sounds insulting. Does the word "individual" have a meaning for you?
                    Sorry if i sound ignorant, maybe it's my bad english, but i didn't mean any insult.
                    "They" is just "they", nothing more, nothing less.
                    My best friend is tecnhogeek, and i'm not.
                    He is ok with reproductions or cheap copies of clothes, but he needs newest smartphones.
                    And i just don't need this phones, but what i do need is a special set off skills and knowledge and a good 1500E leather
                    He is not better then me, i am not better then he.
                    We are just different.
                    But his interests are portrayed as regular in our society, and my as not.
                    It's only labels.
                    You "crazy" and "irrational" are more insulting from my point of view becouse of selflabeling.
                    ____

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

comex9, okay!

mizzar, your latest post describes me as much as yourself and my best friend as much as yours. After some detours we can finally agree.

Comment

• mizzar
                        • Mar 2008

comex9, okay!

mizzar, your latest post describes me as much as yourself and my best friend as much as yours. After some detours we can finally agree.
                        All is ok now.
                        ____

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by comex9 View Post
                          We'd have to get into another discussion about clothing as art versus functionality, which of course i think clothing can have both. I remember a comment that clothing is hard to categorize as art when a significant aspect of its price is directly related to the material used.
                          how on earth can you bring up art vs functionality when talking about stealing a design? its creativity+effort vs theft.

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                          They're not competing markets whatsoever. I don't think designers like it, but it's something they'll have to live with.
                          thats most likely true, but we're not discussing money, simply whether or not its acceptable. designers might not take a big loss, though having cheap rip offs of your pieces floating around doesn't exactly feel nice nor does it improve your image.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• comex9
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ngoa View Post
                            looks good to me... would you consider faux crocodile

Comment

• Originally posted by ngoa View Post
                              funny it's so expensive when they're only using scraps.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎