• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ oh, thank god, lol.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
      Wait, you didn't think I went thru with the sale, did you?

I told him it was a no-go.

[
      Yah I thought you'd somehow received them without seeing the change...so glad to hear you had a chance to give them the proverbial bird...
      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• another MMM wtf.. a logo t-shirt?!?!??!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

wow, you can't be serious. link?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

this is how fashion dies.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

LMAO this has got to be the most WTF page in the history of this thread (page 125)

those Raf Simons trainers are fucking hideous, like a paranoid schizophrenic's rendition of Gucci casual footwear.

The Margiela logo t-shirt is redolent of Hedi Slimane at Dior Homme's most banal moments in mercerized cotton.

those broken rust ricks and interest1's subsequent 'red light' response is gold as well.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

DOWN
                3. Belgian designer who began sucking long before a logo t-shirt dealt the final blow.

Last edited by interest1; 02-06-2010, 10:01 PM.
                sain't

Comment

• ironman
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                  LMAO this has got to be the most WTF page in the history of this thread (page 125)

those Raf Simons trainers are fucking hideous, like a paranoid schizophrenic's rendition of Gucci casual footwear.

The Margiela logo t-shirt is redolent of Hedi Slimane at Dior Homme's most banal moments in mercerized cotton.

those broken rust ricks and interest1's subsequent 'red light' response is gold as well.
                  i'd say KVA's t-shirts for Dior were/are much more WTF than Hedi's

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

That MMM shirt makes me sad that he's come to this. And I agree with ironman, the "can i speak to mr dior please" shirt is just plain tacky.
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

but margiela himself no longer designs for the label right? so it's not really his say, but diesel company doing these awful designs...
                      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

^^
                        No, he stepped down at the end of last year. But Margiela's always had a stable of design assistants churning out much of the work; how else do you keep up with nearly a dozen different lines?

That t-shirt, I'm afraid to say, was done on his watch. From what I understand, Diesel isn't replacing his close-knit team with a fresh line-up. His customer is still responding to the label, so I doubt they'd be stupid enough to mess with something not really broken. That would be the kiss of death, especially right now.

sain't

Comment

• ronin
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                          That t-shirt, I'm afraid to say, was done on his watch.
                          What what what? That would be a sort of... suicide? Like, I'm not more important to the house than you giant pool of anonymous designers are, you can go on after I leave, but first let me leave this legacy of tackiness and turn the label into another "made in italy" empire of conspicuous consumption, mwahaha, I screwed you up real good?

I'm starting to save eggs to throw at people wearing this t-shirt. The Margiela-mania has spread like plague amongst people who don't know shit about clothing and couldn't care less about design (the same that claim very loud that they bought their newest blazer at The Kooples) (it's a good thing that people get interested in Margiela but I don't think it is for anything else than hype, at least for the people around me, and that saddens me a little)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                            i'd say KVA's t-shirts for Dior were/are much more WTF than Hedi's
                            Sure, but Hedi for Dior is more analogous to what's going on with Margiela/that t-shirt. KVA's always been a nonfactor.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• gnarjen
                              • Oct 2009

What about this Margiela shirt at Oki-ni.
                              ????

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

there's nothing objectionable about that particularly. the logo one is a whole different story, exactly because it's a logo one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎