Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resonkuken
    • Oct 2012

BBS tees cut a little shorter (hoodie length) would be perfect for me. That and maybe (maybe) a little less sheerness. Other than that they work wonders for me.
    Summer is 2 days away here so I´m probably getting a VTB tee and a tank to have my basics on for this season.

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

rick level tees are perfect tees. they have an upturned hem and still fit in the usual rick way. i got one as an impulse buy at an IF basement sale and it's one of my favorite.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

i love BBS tee's but i'm talking about a budget alternative. i don't need a $400 tee shirt for every day wear.

the cure tee from odyn vovk was a good one

not "cheap" necessarily but a good t shirt for sure

i am not 100% sure but i think odyn vovk is over as we know it. i think it would be great if he continued to produce tees and jeans and hoodies and stuff and just sell on his website.
        Last edited by cjbreed; 12-19-2013, 04:20 PM.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Resonkuken
          • Oct 2012

Ah, yes, price wise BBS is not the most viable option. Rick on sale or silent would be good for that. I´ve wondered sometimes about Alexander Wang. They look decent enough, not bad pricing but nothing too special at the same time. Don´t know how they fit or feel, though.

Comment

• jskidder1
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
            Ah, yes, price wise BBS is not the most viable option. Rick on sale or silent would be good for that. I´ve wondered sometimes about Alexander Wang. They look decent enough, not bad pricing but nothing too special at the same time. Don´t know how they fit or feel, though.
            i imagine they feel like the tears of the child laborers who sew them.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
              • Jun 2012

Agreed on the OV tees. Definitely would be sweet if they just did e-commerce direct through their site for tees and jeans. Always thought they might go that route after Austin's hiatus, but who knows?

Silent's definitely a good option, too. Would be cool if they threw in some raw and/or curved hems every once in a while like older mainline DD.
              I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• Mung_city
                • Jul 2012

my understanding is, OV is doing made to order pieces from all his past collections still, but as far as brand progress, he is just doing capsule collections. no more seasonal fashion rat race stuff

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

^^^And everything you own was made by hand, sweatshop free? Look around your apt.

OV Tees were great. VTB failed for me.

Comment

• eleven crows
                    • Mar 2011

I quite like Chronicles of Never t-shirts. They used to be cheaper, but at ~$100, they're still not too bad.

Comment

• k3mist
                      • Apr 2013

VTB quality seems to be dropping for me :\
                      doesnt quite hold up in the wash the earlier season versions.

anyone familiar with this

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Don't know about his factory conditions... but I like Wang tees. In contrast to Rick or Silent they are cut long and boxy in the body (not long and slim) which causes them to drape in a nice way. I used to HATE this cut until I tried it on now I dislike any tee that clings to my body. I have a weird obsession with the perfect heather grey tee and his is my favorite.

Even though his price point is a third of Ricks, I still won't pay full price for em on principle that his markup on a plain tee made in China is probably ridiculous, but with careful hunting I've gotten all my Wang tees for about $50.

One thing I regret is he made the cut more "normal" after the first season or two. I have one that is marked size small and the fit is humungous (in a good way) now they run just slightly relaxed fitting so if you want oversize you gotta size up.

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                        music

Comment

• Mung_city
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                          ^^^And everything you own was made by hand, sweatshop free? Look around your apt.

OV Tees were great. VTB failed for me.
                          Thanks. But, that's not what I was implying. He is just done with the pressures of the industry and the routine F/W and S/S collections, as with fashion weeks and runway presentations. He still makes his stuff in LA

Comment

• Atomine
                            • Jul 2012

Recently bought 3 LFDY Basics shirt. 100% cotton (I dont know why they say it is wool on their website), long and slim fitting, 25 - 45 euro, made in Turkey.
                            Really like this one:
                            380 bucks for a T-shirt isn't normal, but on Stylezeitgeist it is.
                            Stylezeitgeist not even once.

Comment

• Dorje
                              • Oct 2013

Just picked up this Gazzarrini 70% viscose / 30% wool tee, I like it a lot and the price is very reasonable

I also have a couple AnnD tees, one is a double layer with the outside layer being a gauzy textured cotton bonded to the underlayer so you can see through the gauzy layer a bit. The other is a viscose/spandex blend spray dyed orange and yellow. Both are really nice.

I have one VTB tee, 100% modal, it's very cool... very thin and semi sheer, hard to say if it'll hold up but the design is nice.

And a couple AA viscose tees, great deal and really nice. They do pill a little but not too bad.

Finally, (puts flame suit on) I have a Varvatos mainline tee that's 100% linen, a very cool green/black color, semi sheer and the fit and cut are pretty much perfection. Great tee.

Comment

• Mung_city
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Atomine View Post
                                Recently bought 3 LFDY Basics shirt. 100% cotton (I dont know why they say it is wool on their website), long and slim fitting, 25 - 45 euro, made in Turkey.
                                Really like this one:
                                http://livefastdieyoung.de/en/lfdy-b...ize-round.html
                                I really love the look of this. did you ship to the US?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎