Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Punisher
    • Aug 2009

On the cheaper side AA viscose tees are nice, slim slouchy, quite long, loose neck. I have like 10 of them now haha. If only they came in l/s.

Comment

• quiet noise
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

I have a female friend from highschool who started working for american apparel back in 08 as a model and sale assistant in a small boutique in paris. Now she is working as a cheif sale/managemenet consult and is head of sales for the companys korean branch, despite only being 21 and having no formal business training. American Apparel is actually a very good company to work for and they are very quick to promote young talanted people. the main issue is that 90% of the staff consists of lazy teenage divas who expects to be able to hang around the shop looking hip all day without actually doing any work. Her job used to be basicly to patrol around their boutiqes and make sure the sale assistans wherent spending 35 minutes of work-time to fix their hair or try the companys clothes, and whining about being "exploited" used to be a pretty common response when she lectured them.

While she was working for the american branch in new york, she actually rented a room in Dov Charneys flat and after living with him for 8 months and she had nothing but good things to say about him. He's obviously an exentric fella and all that, but this whole "Sexist" thing is more of a self-constructed image from his side to gain publicity. Sex sells and he is obviously painfully aware of it.
      During the 8 months she lived with him he never "approached" her did or said anything inappropriate to her or any female work associates under his lead. He likes to enjoy his life as a single and meets a lot of women in his spare time, but that has nothing to do with him as a CEO of a major company. Dissing a decent brand because the CEO likes to have sex feels pretty childish, especially when you consider what the alternatives stand for (H&M and the other sweatshop stores)
      Last edited by quiet noise; 03-19-2011, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• mononon
        • Sep 2009

i agree, odyn vovk tees are great.
        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

I'm enjoying my organic cotton tee from Blanc & Noir. I believe all textiles are purchased from Japan and tees are all made in Canada. Solid.

Secure the right domain name for your business or website today. Custom tailored payment plans available to fit any budget.
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Aleks
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
            I'm enjoying my organic cotton tee from Blanc & Noir. I believe all textiles are purchased from Japan and tees are all made in Canada. Solid.

http://www.blancandnoir.com/
            I believe one of the members here works for them

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

maybe a bit controversial of an opinion but i really like rad by rad hourani sleeveless tees. they're very comfortable and the perfect length for me. i always have a problem with tees being too short or too baggy. i have very broad shoulders and a smaller waist so i am sort of "in between" when it comes to t shirts and it drives me nuts.

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                • Dec 2010

Just picked up a couple of the J+ summer season tees. Really soft and nice. Pretty good fit too. For those in NYC, it's worth checking out.
                "My Roll is to Rock"
                -Jimmy Page

Comment

• sargon97
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post

http://www.blancandnoir.com/
                  These are looking good. How is the fit? Looks like the could run a bit short in the body. Also J+ longs sleeves are really nice for the money. Too bad they are super hard to find on the west coast.

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
                    Just picked up a couple of the J+ summer season tees. Really soft and nice. Pretty good fit too. For those in NYC, it's worth checking out.
                    I actually found this season's +J tees to be a bit more boxy fitting and not as nicely cut as their 2010SS tees.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                      These are looking good. How is the fit? Looks like the could run a bit short in the body. Also J+ longs sleeves are really nice for the money. Too bad they are super hard to find on the west coast.
                      Hm, pretty typical, but drapier and longer, similar to an Ann Dem tee, I think... They have some double layer cotton cashmere ones coming out soon.
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                        I actually found this season's +J tees to be a bit more boxy fitting and not as nicely cut as their 2010SS tees.
                        Never owned those. I mean they're not good basics (the current season ones). I'd also be surprised if they changed the cut, but who knows with Jil. Uniqlo had $8 normal t shirts on sale too, so went in for that as well.
                        "My Roll is to Rock"
                        -Jimmy Page

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                          agreed, the current +J tees are a fair bit shorter and boxier. wish I'd picked up more of the SS10 tees, currently wearing one of the l/s tees now.

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

^^^ Same, also wished they made more colours in 2010SS. I only got black, green and off white. Green is too bright and off white looks like an undershirt so I only wear the black.

This season's Individual Sentiments tees are great.

Comment

• Fenderman
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              haha, exactly.. the price might've actually been €7, I was thinking of their basic cotton tees which are €5. but either way, when the cashier asked for €100 or whatever the total was, I stood there awkwardly for a while, staring at the register and the pile of t-shirts.

the quality on these organic cotton ones feels pretty good actually, will see how they hold up after constant washing.
                              I was recently looking for some basic tshirts. The only ones at H&M with organic cotton I've found, had 5% Elastane and had written something like "stretch ..." on the inside.
                              Are these the same as the ones you got or was I just too blind finding the ones without elastane?

Comment

• nqth
                                • Sep 2006

I found very nice blk and white packed tshirts from Levis in a discount shop in Palermo last summer. They are quite old, maybe from few yrs ago when Levis started producing stuffs in Eastern Europe. The label said made in Egipt and made in Bulgary. The cotton is soft and the threads are dense, silky in a way. The shop had a "50% total sale", few packs left in very small sizes but the price was 15 euro for one tshirt anyway (I thought it's 15 euro for a pack of 2:) That might not be any sale at all but i guess it's how the Italians do their bussiness.

Actually I am looking for that kind of cotton in other low/mid-priced brands but couldn't find any.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎