X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • several_girls
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by syed View Post
    ^ Oy vey. Hopefully they've improved since then, but thanks for the heads up
    If you look at all the reports, the number of violations increases every year.

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
    I guess the fact that they report this information themselves is a good thing.
    I suppose so, many companies don't bother looking into such things, much less report them. Just don't rationalize the most comfortable option. Plenty here (and on sufu, styleforum, mynudies, authenticforum etc) have some knee-jerk reaction when considering the quality of clothes from Old Navy or Wal-Mart. Yet, Uniqlo, J Crew or Banana Repubic source their clothes from the same countries. Unfortunately, that's the extent of information that's available to us, just the country. "Made in *"

My guess is that garment production facility A will produce clothes for brands W, X, Y and Z (many different contracts IE facility A wouldn't produce clothes exclusively for Eddie Bauer, that's silly). Facility A is handed the patterns and perhaps the textiles/fabric, then the people on the floor do the grunt work of cutting and sewing.

If you would like to give Uniqlo the benefit of the doubt --IMHO Uniqlo's novelty gives it some undue psychological protection in the minds of consumers-- that's where you and I differ. I was shocked when I visited the NYC Uniqlo. Wall to wall, floor to ceiling (three floors!), piles of clothes for very cheap. Just because they have a slick logo, a clean store and a reputation on the internet doesn't grant them an exception from the industry standard of how garments are produced if they are to be produced cheaply.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

anyone know where to get a good u neck? i'm pretty short so idk if long torso length is a plus?

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
        If you look at all the reports, the number of violations increases every year.

I suppose so, many companies don't bother looking into such things, much less report them. Just don't rationalize the most comfortable option. Plenty here (and on sufu, styleforum, mynudies, authenticforum etc) have some knee-jerk reaction when considering the quality of clothes from Old Navy or Wal-Mart. Yet, Uniqlo, J Crew or Banana Repubic source their clothes from the same countries. Unfortunately, that's the extent of information that's available to us, just the country. "Made in *"

My guess is that garment production facility A will produce clothes for brands W, X, Y and Z (many different contracts IE facility A wouldn't produce clothes exclusively for Eddie Bauer, that's silly). Facility A is handed the patterns and perhaps the textiles/fabric, then the people on the floor do the grunt work of cutting and sewing.

If you would like to give Uniqlo the benefit of the doubt --IMHO Uniqlo's novelty gives it some undue psychological protection in the minds of consumers-- that's where you and I differ. I was shocked when I visited the NYC Uniqlo. Wall to wall, floor to ceiling (three floors!), piles of clothes for very cheap. Just because they have a slick logo, a clean store and a reputation on the internet doesn't grant them an exception from the industry standard of how garments are produced if they are to be produced cheaply.

good post

seriously, I think its laughable that a company reporting something themselves can give one comfort. That could be part of its marketing ploy. I'm not necessarily demonizing uniqlo here, but to trust that at face value might be misleading, just saying..
        Last edited by Lane; 05-29-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

does anyone have an opinion on taralis tees? i've seen a few that look like they'd fit nicely. also, how is the length of ss11 RO cotton tees?
          Last edited by messenoire; 05-30-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
            • Sep 2010

"The T-Shirt"

I was out buying a dress shirt for a younger family member who has an aversion to places like neiman marcus or even nordstrom. So i told him to pick out a suit/clothes at whatever store he wanted, turned out to be H&M.

While i was looking around and waiting for him to pick out what he wanted i noticed the "organic blend tees"

I was looking the shirts over and it looked and felt similar, specs of the shirt:

Made in Portugal
            50% Organic Cotton
            50% cotton

does H&M use the same supplier as Silent by damir doma?
            The $6 tank top was cut pretty long, and the long sleeves there felt pretty good?

i picked up a Millitary Green tank, and a slate gray short sleeve
            think i might go back for an off white long sleeve and something in black.

Has anyone else looked at these for cheap basics?
            I know it sounds absurd and if i didn't look the t shirts over in person, i would have called the person writing my words an idiot. But they really do feel like the older Silent shirts

just wondering if anyone else thought the same

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

just don't wash them
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

two posts above merged, I don't think H&M t-shirts warrant their own topic...
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

i haven't seen the organic ones, but most of my blank t-shirts are basic h&m cotton tees. not as drapy and narrow as any of the brands talked about on here but just a hint slimmer and longer than kirkland or whatever, and a softer fabric. for me it's a good compromise at a super cheap price
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

I have a bunch of the organic cotton ones (I poribably mentioned them in this thread before) that I use under shirts, knits and whatever. they've performed well for what they are, no shrinkage, piling etc even after plenty of wear and washing.

I don't see any resemblence to silent tees though.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

Hmm.. i must be thinking of some other tees then because mine shrunk at least 1 size in the first wash.

I got a weird de ja vu from writing that by the way, I must have made this same mistake before (and probably in this same thread, hah)
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Uniqlo light cotton tee - after one was you can throw them out. Not recommended.

AA organic tees shrink significantly after a was but retain shape well.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

^Plus you don't have to feel like a creep after supporting the behemoth corporate sleaze of H&M.
                          Originally posted by philip nod
                          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

I have accumulated several Silent tees from gilt as they kept getting cheaper and cheaper, got the last two for $25, can't beat that. They are my new favorite shirts. Otherwise, I think the best shirts from American Apparel are the loose crew summer shirts. I like the summer shirt material because it drapes nicely but isn't sheer like the viscose tees, I find the cotton on their standard shirts too thick, but nice after several years wear.
                            music

Comment

• nostromodo
                              • Jan 2011

I agree also, acne usually have nice basic t-shirts with some details such as small or big pocket or distressed fabrics.

Comment

• Fenix
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                                ^Plus you don't have to feel like a creep after supporting the behemoth corporate sleaze of H&M.
                                ....and here I thought Charney was the epitome of sleaze.
                                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                                Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎