X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackswan
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by d'avant-garde View Post
    go to a local branch of the company you used to ship. get a print out of the shipping tracking details. call paypal and fax them this proof and they'll grant you an appeal. for future reference you'll win the claim if you print shipping label through paypal and use signature confirmation (although that might not be available if shipping international)
    I don't think they will give a damn on paypal. I've done the above process when i got scammed some years ago ,never received a reply ,but he won't loose anything taking that action i guess.I had a proof of delivery signed by the officer of the postal service and lost a case for an item that was delivered and the buyer claimed that never received it (had tracking as well).Better place his nickname on "Beware of Scammers" thread ,so all members avoid to deal with same situations.

Comment

• destroymebaby
      • Aug 2012

Sure, I can try this, but Paypal consider the case closed and they say that there is nothing they can do. So I have no hope of succeeding.

I'm about to write his name and address on every damn forum so people can avoid this low-life.
      The morning is not enough.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

Man, that's my worst nightmare whenever I consider selling. Sorry to hear that.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• GucciAmen
          • Sep 2014

Just wanted to send out a warning to sellers,

Do not do any business with a person named, "Malik Henry/Herman Neely/Trayvon Brown" on Grailed. This lowlife has tried to scam me twice with ridiculously made paypal "invoices"...

Addresses:

3405 Woodworth Place
          Hazel Crest, Illinois

17120 Central Park
          Hazel Crest, Illinois

This was on the bottom of the "official" paypal invoice :

"Please don't reply to this email. It'll just confuse the computer that sent it and you won't get a response."

Comment

• rickandjulius
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
            "Please don't reply to this email. It'll just confuse the computer that sent it and you won't get a response."
            Well at least we know he's not too bright.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
              • Dec 2012

Reading the last posts, it seems I'm in the right thread to ask this...

Some guy wants to buy a pair of boots I'm selling on Grailed, but he looks damn suspicious. apparently he's been banned from the site, tells me he cannot use the site to pay me (wants to deal directly via paypal), wants to have the most expensive fast shipping option to the US... and everything in a super poor monosyllabic english ("def want how much for overnight shipping" "k Kool ... cant by anymore on grailed cus i did o many off grailed sales thru pay pal", etc. )

don't want to come off as a super noob - which I am, kinda :p , but I'm asking because I have very limited experience as a seller on-line, so far I've been mostly a buyer, and I understand paypal protects a lot more buyers and sellers, and I obviously dont want to get scammed.

I don't know if I should post this guys email here yet... but he goes by the name "brick owens"...and is located in Cleveland, Ohio.

an advice?

Comment

• newp
                • Feb 2013

You are most certainly protected with expensive courier shipping: it requires signature to get a parcel so he won't be able to pull a stunt like a lost parcel to you. Being paid through paypal directly is beneficial to YOU, not him actuall. Print a shipping label through paypal if possible, this is the best, make him note his address in the comments section or choose it when he is making the payment.
                The WORST thing he can make is to refuse receiving a parcel and then open a paypal dispute: I highly doubt the case is decided in his favor then.

Comment

• ian+
                  • Dec 2011

I would be careful, usually buyers who request expensive shipping services are shady. I had a potential buyer in ebay asking for overnight shipping from Europe to USA. The cost was like $200, which was more than the item's actual price. Take this into consideration.
                  ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by newp View Post
                    You are most certainly protected with expensive courier shipping: it requires signature to get a parcel so he won't be able to pull a stunt like a lost parcel to you. Being paid through paypal directly is beneficial to YOU, not him actuall. Print a shipping label through paypal if possible, this is the best, make him note his address in the comments section or choose it when he is making the payment.
                    The WORST thing he can make is to refuse receiving a parcel and then open a paypal dispute: I highly doubt the case is decided in his favor then.
                    mmmhhh... interesting.... yet still seems too good to be true... some guy shows up, won't even try to negotiate price, and asks for the most expensive shipping, while not being reassuring at all about him due to this banning thing .... I don't know... I have a bad feeling about this.. mostly bc I once got scammed... on the other hand I might be missing a quick sale at the price I'm asking...

he claims he got banned because :
                    "I got kicked off grailed because I would go str8 thru pay pal opposed to going thru grailed and letting them get there lil fees outta my sales. That's why if u must insist on knowing"

I thought Grailed was a free service... at least that's what they claim on their webpage.

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                    I would be careful, usually buyers who request expensive shipping services are shady. I had a potential buyer in ebay asking for overnight shipping from Europe to USA. The cost was like $200, which was more than the item's actual price. Take this into consideration.
                    what happened ian+? did you reject his request? what would you do if you were in my situation?

thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it!!

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                      I thought Grailed was a free service... at least that's what they claim on their webpage.
                      No, once you sell an item, a part of your money is sent to grailed owner.

Dear *** **** ,

This email confirms you have paid grailed $**** USD using PayPal.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview page.

Payment details

Receiver email: ****
                      Amount: $****
                      Transaction date: ****
                      Transaction ID: ****

Yours sincerely,
                      PayPal

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                        • Dec 2012

thx mate

do we know how much is it that goes to grailed ?

what about the paypal fee then? is this an extra added fee ?

Comment

• rickandjulius
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                          thx mate

do we know how much is it that goes to grailed ?

what about the paypal fee then? is this an extra added fee ?
                          It's an extremely negligible fee. When you sell something for around 200 rhe the grailed fee is like 5 dollars. If that. In total, with PayPal fees and grailed, you'll lose maybe 20 bucks. Grailed is the best and only secondhand selling site you should use. To compare with ebay, you have paypal fees and then eBay fees are freaking 10% of your sale price. Use grailed and don't deal with that dumbass who's messaging you.

Edit: Just looked at my PayPal history and the only fees you encounter through using grailed is strictly grailed fees. Not the normal paypal fees. For example, I sold some shoes for $350 a couple of weeks ago and ended up with $339 and some change.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                            • Oct 2014

Nomadic Planet, I would just pass on his offer. If it sounds too good to be true, it often is.
                            Given the way he types, and he wants extremely fast shipping with no negotiation of price is two red flags that are hard to avoid.

Comment

• josecc
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post

Edit: Just looked at my PayPal history and the only fees you encounter through using grailed is strictly grailed fees. Not the normal paypal fees. For example, I sold some shoes for $350 a couple of weeks ago and ended up with $339 and some change.
                              I think there is no grailed fee (according to the site), and the fees are standard paypal 3.4%. Anyway, I never have had luck there, I always sold my items on ebay or here.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by josecc View Post
                                I think there is no grailed fee (according to the site), and the fees are standard paypal 3.4%. Anyway, I never have had luck there, I always sold my items on ebay or here.
                                From what I know, when you sell something on Grailed, you receive exactly how much you sold it for, and the amount you pay back to Grailed is the service fee that Paypal charges.

I'm assuming that's how Grailed makes profit as well, by holding onto your money to collect interest (same with Paypal) before paying Paypal back.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎