Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackswan
    • Feb 2011

It seems that most of these scammers are sending fake emails with fake payments as well and pretending the buyers.Emails with paypal logos and title "You've got Funds" .

Here's the email :

You've received $500.00 USD from brickowens123@gmail.com . Payment was marked as sales trade, all funds will be held until you release tracking number of shipment to the buyer and it is confirmed. The buyer has paid invoice. Funds may not appear until the tracking number is confirmed. Invoice will be shown as "NOT PAID" until shipping takes place and tracking number verified.
    Sent From

Shipping Information

Brick O Henry

4198 Verona Rd.
    South Euclid, Ohio
    US
    Confirmed Address

Some other emails from the same scammer :
    buyandsaleclothes123@gmail.com (Username teller jon)
    receivedpayments.pal@gmail.com

Comment

• neongud
      • Mar 2013

Got a funny one via grailed yesterday:

"Good day to you, I am interested in your item on here. i will love to buy it as birthday present for my child, and i will be offering you the sum of $250.00 USD [price of item: 150$] for the item including the shipping cost to all together. *This is my child account so its best to get in contact with me*
      I will pay via my verified paypal account get back to me with your paypal email for payment if you accept my offer, kindly contact me on my personal email id (forrsteve@yahoo.com) for quick response and notification to your reply. you might want to check (USPS priority mail) to know the accurate shipping cost to MD don't forget to contact me direct to my email above. i await your reply."

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
        • Dec 2012

Ohh! that's the same guy that wanted to buy my boots... brickowens123_at_gmail.com

the guy is such a moron he inquired twice / asked me twice to send him pics of the boots forgetting I had turned him down the first time.

He's already been banned from Grailed a couple of times (at least twice according to my exp)

Originally posted by blackswan View Post
        It seems that most of these scammers are sending fake emails with fake payments as well and pretending the buyers.Emails with paypal logos and title "You've got Funds" .

Here's the email :

You've received $500.00 USD from brickowens123@gmail.com . Payment was marked as sales trade, all funds will be held until you release tracking number of shipment to the buyer and it is confirmed. The buyer has paid invoice. Funds may not appear until the tracking number is confirmed. Invoice will be shown as "NOT PAID" until shipping takes place and tracking number verified.
        Sent From

Shipping Information

Brick O Henry

4198 Verona Rd.
        South Euclid, Ohio
        US
        Confirmed Address

Some other emails from the same scammer :
        buyandsaleclothes123@gmail.com (Username teller jon)
        receivedpayments.pal@gmail.com

Comment

• treasurehoard
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by trk
          grailed takes 3%. 2.9% of that goes to paypal. considering they payed your paypal fees at one point, i think theyre more concerned about having purchase histories on the website and preventing users from being scammed than they are than the 0.1%
          They probably do over $10K a month in transactions which lowers the rate to 2.2% with a PayPal business account.

Comment

• blackswan
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
            Ohh! that's the same guy that wanted to buy my boots... brickowens123_at_gmail.com

the guy is such a moron he inquired twice / asked me twice to send him pics of the boots forgetting I had turned him down the first time.

He's already been banned from Grailed a couple of times (at least twice according to my exp)
            Yes ,i know, already reported to paypal .Here's the rest

I want your to ship express. Fastest way. So I'll pay 500 overall

Comment

• ggrass
              • Aug 2013

Is there any way to get a partially refunded?I ve paid like 100 usd for ems shipping and guy send package with regular mail, even no insurance and no tracking.

That is pretty offputing, told him i need to get it as soon as possible and it took him more then a week to ship and he used slowest option possible

Comment

• newp
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ggrass View Post
                Is there any way to get a partially refunded?I ve paid like 100 usd for ems shipping and guy send package with regular mail, even no insurance and no tracking.

That is pretty offputing, told him i need to get it as soon as possible and it took him more then a week to ship and he used slowest option possible
                Yes, one can do it.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Tell him to refund for shipping, if he doesn't, file a dispute
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mzez
                    • Nov 2014

paypal has upped required signature confirmation to 750US. do you guys ship stuff in the 500 range with signature confirmation? I'm canadian so SC is usually another $20. From what I understand as long as tracking shows delivered, and you ship with paypal as proof the address was correct, you should be ok, but in reality paypal sides with the buyer a lot more...

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

always, always, always ship with signature confirmation.

otherwise, what is there to prove it was delivered to the correct person should they claim it wasn't?
                      —
                      -

Comment

• rickandjulius
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                        always, always, always ship with signature confirmation.

otherwise, what is there to prove it was delivered to the correct person should they claim it wasn't?
                        If it's under $750 SC is not necessary. If the tracking says it was delivered, Paypal will always decide in the seller's favor. I just went through this about a month ago.

Comment

• mzez
                          • Nov 2014

a buyer opened a case against you, or you just asked the paypal rep about this? from experience the ebay/paypal reps get a lot of things wrong (one told me i could get a signature of a local pickup paid by paypal and that would be safe, but others that have done this have always lost)

Comment

• rickandjulius
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by mzez View Post
                            a buyer opened a case against you, or you just asked the paypal rep about this? from experience the ebay/paypal reps get a lot of things wrong (one told me i could get a signature of a local pickup paid by paypal and that would be safe, but others that have done this have always lost)
                            I had a case opened against me and I won.

Comment

• treasurehoard
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by mzez View Post
                              Using paypal for a local pick up is risky because there is no tracking. Getting the persons signature is not valid confirmation that they received an item - someone using a stolen paypal account can just sign anybodies name and you wouldn't know. Paypal won't cover you in this case. Personally wouldn't accept anything but cash for a local pick up.

I would just get sig confirm on items where you are required. If you are under the threshold there is no point since a valid tracking number that says delivered is more than enough to cover you in a dispute. Better to spend that money on insurance in case the package gets lost.

Comment

• mzez
                                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by treasurehoard View Post
                                Using paypal for a local pick up is risky because there is no tracking. Getting the persons signature is not valid confirmation that they received an item - someone using a stolen paypal account can just sign anybodies name and you wouldn't know. Paypal won't cover you in this case. Personally wouldn't accept anything but cash for a local pick up.

I would just get sig confirm on items where you are required. If you are under the threshold there is no point since a valid tracking number that says delivered is more than enough to cover you in a dispute. Better to spend that money on insurance in case the package gets lost.
                                i just ended up shipping it within the city since he insisted paypal.

do you guys insure international shipments to safe areas like the UK, australia, germany, etc? i don't mind shipping stuff in the 500 range without insurance, havn't had a lost item yet and once i do lose one i should make up that amount in saved insurance fees. but for something 1k+ i don't know what to do, if i insure the buyer will end up paying significant duties and they might just refuse it.

i believe there's no point to insure something for 1k and declaring it as a $50 gift (like everyone requests you do), you just get the 50 if it ends up lost and you start a claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎