X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuat
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
    So I'm in a bit of an odd situation... Bought a BBS Tejana for the seller's requested price (offer) on Grailed, and I haven't heard back from him whatsoever since purchase, which was over two days ago (have contacted him over Grailed and over his email). Usually sellers are on their game, especially when they receive over a grand for a piece.. He hasn't bought or sold anything else on the site yet. Has anyone ever had an experience like this that turned out to be a scam attempt?? Thanks
    Man, open the dispute and elevate it asap. It's most probably a scam.

Tell them you never received the item and the buyer keeps your money.

He will either refund you right away, or get in touch with shipping details.

IMO, never give anyone extra time or benefit of doubt. Be careful with your money.

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Should mention funds have now been safely recovered, gave the guy another day and never heard back from him...

Comment

• augustinn
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
        searched the thread, but didn't read anything specific to seller side disputes. sold something recently, the person received it, and now is saying that it's not what they thought it was even though the person agreed that i didn't misled them and also read the "all sales final" note in the sale thread. i disagree with this.

my question is whether it's worth going through a dispute as a seller? i feel like i have a compelling case, yet everything i read about paypal disputes is regarding how they always side with the buyer. is it worth the time and potentially the hassle of having my paypal account frozen or is it easier to just accept a return?
        A late reply, but I wanted to add that this simply sounds like buyer's remorse--and you should hold your ground. That is, IF you have a sales listing that can be sourced that provided a detailed description and pictures. PayPal will want that if the buyer opens a case. Sometimes people want a partial refund as well. I hold my ground, especially with a detailed item description to back it up. Personally have had good success with this type of situation.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Whew, got into the worst and only proper scam on Paypal in 13 years of using it. Someone apparently managed to log in to my account, change the phone number and send personal payments worth a total of $5k to a few fake accounts.

On the same day this apparently happened, I got a request to confirm/secure my account and had to submit my ID among other things. However, there was no reason stated for this, so I thought it was just a random check and simply obliged, I didn't even bother to check the account activity as I hadn't gotten any notice of suspicious activity or any transactions at all, I have no idea why. Of course now I realize I should've logged in to check the activity.. So I didn't notice this until last night when I logged in to check my balance. I filed a complaint instantly and just 12 hours later, I got a resolution on all cases saying that I'll be refunded. That seemed to work very effectively, which I guess shows that this is a scheme Paypal is familiar with as they didn't even ask for any further information.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

I've been a PayPal identity theft victim once myself, but they were very good about resolving it. For all my small grips here and there with PayPal, they did manage to get that one right.
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
              • Mar 2014

Having an issue, buyer bought something from me, I posted it out in fairly good condition though from being in my wardrobe a button had come off. Exchange messages with the buyer about it, the buyer is amicable, posted it out. Buyer received both (button was posted separately). I would've accepted a full refund or partial refund / buyer doesn't reply to this.

A month after purchase leaves me some really bad feedback ("basically scammed") about the button being off, unsure what to do, no reply.

Opens a paypal dispute 2 months later claiming the item was not only missing a button but damaged / stained.

Dispute removes total balance from my empty paypal account giving it a negative balance / disabling use of it.

Says its going to last for 20 days before being automatically closed by paypal (if a resolution isn't found) but could be escalated to a paypal claim.

Buyer hasn't responded to contact in Paypal's messaging system or outside of it after 10 days of opening the dispute. If the buyer escalates to claim on the last day of dispute, that's another 30 days of dealing with this.

I'd like to provide a full refund and be done with the situation but there was no damage (beyond the button, which the buyer seemed fine with at first) / stains when I sold the piece and I'm going to receive a damaged and stained item, possibly missing the button if he lost it.

Paypal have advised me to escalate to a claim if I want to end it but does this put me at risk of losing the money and the item?

Pretty stressed about this, unsure what to do.

Would appreciate some advice.

Comment

• JFsO
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by NoisyArmchair View Post
                Having an issue, buyer bought something from me, I posted it out in fairly good condition though from being in my wardrobe a button had come off. Exchange messages with the buyer about it, the buyer is amicable, posted it out. Buyer received both (button was posted separately). I would've accepted a full refund or partial refund / buyer doesn't reply to this.
                I had this happen to me twice in the last few years of selling things online via forums/ebay, where the buyer in both my cases showed obvious signs of buyer's remorse and filed a Paypal claim for "item not described" a month after purchasing. I lost both my cases even after providing visual and written proof. They did not bother communicating with me or Paypal and yet they still won the case.

Spoke with a Paypal rep before and they said in most cases where the buyer files a claim for "an item not described", the seller loses almost 90% of the time.

No, you wouldn't lose out on both the item and your money. The buyer has to send back the package with a trackable service and then you refund the buyer the original price.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by NoisyArmchair View Post

A month after purchase leaves me some really bad feedback ("basically scammed") about the button being off, unsure what to do, no reply.

Opens a paypal dispute 2 months later claiming the item was not only missing a button but damaged / stained.

Dispute removes total balance from my empty paypal account giving it a negative balance / disabling use of it.

Says its going to last for 20 days before being automatically closed by paypal (if a resolution isn't found) but could be escalated to a paypal claim.

Buyer hasn't responded to contact in Paypal's messaging system or outside of it after 10 days of opening the dispute. If the buyer escalates to claim on the last day of dispute, that's another 30 days of dealing with this.

I'd like to provide a full refund and be done with the situation but there was no damage (beyond the button, which the buyer seemed fine with at first) / stains when I sold the piece and I'm going to receive a damaged and stained item, possibly missing the button if he lost it.

Paypal have advised me to escalate to a claim if I want to end it but does this put me at risk of losing the money and the item?

Pretty stressed about this, unsure what to do.

Would appreciate some advice.
                  Originally posted by JFsO View Post
                  I had this happen to me twice in the last few years of selling things online via forums/ebay, where the buyer in both my cases showed obvious signs of buyer's remorse and filed a Paypal claim for "item not described" a month after purchasing. I lost both my cases even after providing visual and written proof. They did not bother communicating with me or Paypal and yet they still won the case.

Spoke with a Paypal rep before and they said in most cases where the buyer files a claim for "an item not described", the seller loses almost 90% of the time.

No, you wouldn't lose out on both the item and your money. The buyer has to send back the package with a trackable service and then you refund the buyer the original price.

I just got out of a similar situation with a buyer on Grailed. He bought a Julius jeans from me, the description stated all measurements , and even included a picture of the jeans next to a measuring tape. The guy has rather poor communication skills so he wasn't very responsive to my messages, even when, knowing he had received the item thanks to the tracking, I asked him if everything was ok with the purchase, as I always do with my buyers. He never replied, he just left me the 5/5 feedback.
                  10 days after, the guy files this shit on paypal arguing that the jeans fit WAY too big and he wants a refund. What the hell, right?
                  the best thing I could do was answer him via the paypal messages, reminding him the he bought it knowing all details about measurements and he even had the picture with the measuring tape. Of course he never replied. I then called paypal, explained them everything. They were pretty helpful with me, they explained that in such cases the seller is protected if he can submit proves of his good will. They considered that the proofs I had were sufficient, and closed the case in my favor.
                  They explained that they want to avoid at all costs the refund, and try to make both parties come to an arrangement before escalating to a claim. For that matter, you as a seller, have the "hand" at this moment. The buyer is not allowed to escalate to a claim for 7 days, but you can. If there isn't any other solution apart refund, because the buyer is an asshole, then paypal will make sure the buyer doesn't get both the money and the item. They will only refund him if you can provide the proof that you received the item in prefect condition, leaving you as the only judge of that condition. Of course tracking is mandatory for the buyer if he wants to get his money back. If anything happens to the item, buyer doesn't get his money back, or not totally. So buyer is in a weak and risky position if he wants to proceed to return-refund, and that's what paypal will try to make him understand. They mentioned they can even pay they buyer (like 20-25 USD) as a compensation to keep the item and stop the claim. Again, I will advise you to call paypal, explain again, tell them you have all these conversations with the guy, and that this seems awfully suspicious to you, because he was really ok at first, and it seems he's just regretting his purchase and wants his money back...

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                    • Sep 2008

Have a problem with Grailed. Not even with a seller, but with Grailed the website itself.

Sold something on Ebay, and stupidly enough forgot to take down my ad on Grailed. Refunded the buyer, and asked grailed to give me my fee back. Told me they would give it back to me after I send them proof of refund.

Didn't get my money back after a week, so I opened a case. Didn't trigger any kind of response from their site, until I upgraded it to a claim. Got an email from a guy called Nico (apparently to a quick google search his real name is Scott Santiago), telling me that he can't pay me back when I don't close the case.
                    Stupidly enough, I closed the case and haven't received any money up to this day (two weeks after I send the buyer his refund).

Is there anything I can do?`Can't believe that a website that is trying to built some sort of reputation is acting in such an unprofessional matter... they're just ripping me off.
                    Last edited by beyondthemeans; 12-07-2016, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• jap808
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                      Have a problem with Grailed. Not even with a seller, but with Grailed the website itself.

Sold something on Ebay, and stupidly enough forgot to take down my ad on Grailed. Refunded the buyer, and asked grailed to give me my fee back. Told me they would give it back to me after I send them proof of refund.

Didn't get my money back after a week, so I opened a case. Didn't trigger any kind of response from their site, until I upgraded it to a claim. Got an email from a guy called Nico (apparently to a quick google search his real name is Scott Santiago), telling me that he can't pay me back when I don't close the case.
                      Stupidly enough, I closed the case and haven't received any money up to this day (two weeks after I send the buyer his refund).

Is there anything I can do?`Can't believe that a website that is trying to built some sort of reputation is acting in such an unprofessional matter... they're just ripping me off.
                      Got a similar case and they were helpful, altough maybe not fast as you'd expect. Probably the site is getting bigger and bigger and maybe they have some problems in facing all the issues quickly: send them another email.
                      If I'm not wrong, Scott Santiago was one of the founder: I think he was in some Facebook reselling groups...

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
                        Got a similar case and they were helpful, altough maybe not fast as you'd expect. Probably the site is getting bigger and bigger and maybe they have some problems in facing all the issues quickly: send them another email.
                        If I'm not wrong, Scott Santiago was one of the founder: I think he was in some Facebook reselling groups...
                        Thanks for your reply, I hope that's the case!
                        Just find it very odd that they do send me responses when I open a case, but besides just ignore my messages.

Comment

• 13we2
                          • Sep 2015

Yeah Scott was nice helping me out too via private email, however, they were quite slow responding.

Just DO NOT EVER close your claim before you get your money back, otherwise the other side will just get away. PayPal will make them refund you, but if you close, PayPal can't do shit.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                            Yeah Scott was nice helping me out too via private email, however, they were quite slow responding.

Just DO NOT EVER close your claim before you get your money back, otherwise the other side will just get away. PayPal will make them refund you, but if you close, PayPal can't do shit.
                            I called with Paypal and they were very helpfull. They will be able to re-open the case, if needed, because I have emails where they advice me closing it. They told me that this is a major issue with fraudulent sellers.
                            Let's see what happens before the end of this week, otherwise I will get in touch with paypal again. Looks promising.

Comment

• 13we2
                              • Sep 2015

Right. Just sit tight cause you absolutely can get your money back it's just how much trouble you'll have to go through. Worst can happen is just sue them since grailed probably won't take your money and run away.

Comment

• Halibut
                                • Sep 2014

Absolutely do your research and make sure to document everything when selling on Grailed.
                                I take photos of the item, photos of the item being packaged, photos of the addressed package, photos of the shipping label, and photos of the postal receipt with tracking number.
                                Call it sellers insurance.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎