X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fncyths
    • Apr 2010

/ \

you get that look from cigarettes + stress and maybe a healthy daily diet of fish...

I like what R+CO is doing these days. It's Howard McLaren's (from Bumble and Bumble) new project. Also try Kevin Murphy. I like their shampoos. Aesop has a nice hair oil as well. Actually, all their products are great.

Arkady - The American Crew forming cream is good. They're a client of mine so I've tested all their stuff throughout the years. The founder (David Raccuglia) has also been involved with a new line called Mens Dept. They have some nice creams with longer hold. I've been using Microtech.

As for pomades - I like what Baxter is doing in California. They have a great matte pomade that I love. Also like Reuzel for a total greasy look.

Just got introduced to Shu Uemera so I've been testing out some of their stuff as well. I'll look into Hanz de Fuko.
    Originally posted by Shucks
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Originally posted by interest1
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

Does someone have experience with the Muji haircare lines? Any input? Interested since it seems to be a fully organic, non alcohol/parabene line that comes in nice packaging.
      Is it suitable non-asian hair as well?

Comment

• Mezeinee
        • Apr 2015

This youtuber has some really great tips for healthy hair care:

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

Reviving this thread! I've been using Malin +Goetz for a long time but I've only recently started to notice the harsh effects their products have had on my skin! Primarily looking for a new, natural shampoo and conditioner. Does anyone have any recs? I was thinking about trying Aesop but I have no experience with their products. Is Aesop the way to go or should I try something else? Grown Alchemist?? Help please!
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Can confirm some months on that Layrite is excellent.

Aesop is quite nice but a bit pricey and I haven't found their stuff effective so much as I really love to huff it like I'm a glue addict.

I actually really like the L'oreal Mythic Oil shampoos and conditioners for something in a sane price range.

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

Grown Alchemist for face wash.
              Davines for hair.
              Aesop Rose for body.

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                Reviving this thread! I've been using Malin +Goetz for a long time but I've only recently started to notice the harsh effects their products have had on my skin! Primarily looking for a new, natural shampoo and conditioner. Does anyone have any recs? I was thinking about trying Aesop but I have no experience with their products. Is Aesop the way to go or should I try something else? Grown Alchemist?? Help please!
                I use sodium bicarbonate and organic apple vinegar. All natural and very cheap. No nature pollution. You can even make you own vinegar, still need to try this.
                Grailed link

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                  I use sodium bicarbonate and organic apple vinegar. All natural and very cheap. No nature pollution. You can even make you own vinegar, still need to try this.
                  I have a friend who does the same, and his hair is gorgeous.

I don't wash mine or use product anymore.
                  It's short, dyed grey, and undercut.
                  And here is some serious bedhead.

I brush it every day and night and give it a good rinsing and scalp massage in the shower, but this routine means it only gets actually shampooed when it's cut. It doesn't smell, and it looks pretty healthy, which is surprising because I have to bleach it to kingdom come to get it grey — I'm pretty dark.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                    • Sep 2013

The grey is interesting, do you have a pic with how you normally style it?
                    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• unwashed
                      • Dec 2008

I wash my hair (over shoulder length now) once a week. The first couple days I have too much volume and need to wear a knot. After that it's either samurai style or loose.

The grey is cool, very anime-character like. I wanted to do this 15 years ago but was too chickenshit to actually do it.
                      But nowaday I do not need to use bleach, I find more and more grey hairs on my head everyday. Perks of getting old
                      Grailed link

Comment

• fncyths
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by rider View Post
                        Grown Alchemist for face wash.
                        Davines for hair.
                        Aesop Rose for body.
                        second this! I use fig + yarrow for face & body as well.

I'm with arkady, can't stop smelling my aesop products
                        Originally posted by Shucks
                        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                        Originally posted by interest1
                        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I need an uber moisturizing conditioner for my scalp. Aesop doesn't work - too mild.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mattiassa
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I need an uber moisturizing conditioner for my scalp. Aesop doesn't work - too mild.
                            I have the same issue, and this is the only product that really works for me. It's a swedish product, but perhaps it's possible to order overseas:

http://www.aco.se/produkter/body/myc...rr-haarbotten/

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
                              The grey is interesting, do you have a pic with how you normally style it?
                              Yep! It had faded a bit by here, though, and this was a different dye job than the earlier pic — it was lighter and more silvery.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                                The grey is cool, very anime-character like. I wanted to do this 15 years ago but was too chickenshit to actually do it.
                                But nowaday I do not need to use bleach, I find more and more grey hairs on my head everyday. Perks of getting old
                                Thanks! I actually first did grey back in 1996. I LOVED it, but I was super-broke and was doing it myself... Grey is sort of like alchemy and it was just too hard to get it right, so I gave up on it.

As for the resurgence, yeah, I have some grey too (I am in my 40s), and I was complaining to my hairdresser about how I hate going grey and I want to just GO grey. And she said, "Want to dye it grey?" And I said, "Sure." So here we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎