Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

Last edited by galia; 01-10-2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• MonaDahl
      • Sep 2008

swiskit your hair is amazing! Makes me miss long hair but I don't have the color or the texture to pull off anything like that. It's really beautiful.

Comment

• nekroterrorist
        • Jan 2011

Since my hair is so curly, it goes up into an afro pretty quickly.
        I try to keep it short, but am always rather unsatisfied with it.
        These are some of my favourite hair+beards out though:

Philip Crangi, Jeweler

Varg Vikernes, convicted murderer, arsonist and musician

Comment

• trentk
          • Oct 2010

Just rebuzzed my hair, and I'm loving it. A buzzcut clearly goes well w/ Rick Owens - are there any SZ brands that it could be incompatible with? Off the top of my head, ann demeulmeester seems like an instance where a buzzcut may not be the best match. A militant buzz cut doesn't seem like it would fit her aesthetic.
          Last edited by trentk; 02-10-2011, 01:11 AM.
          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by nekroterrorist View Post

He's looking pretty good here. Like the shirt.
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

I need some advice on hairbrushes please. Cut my hair short two Summers ago, because I really needed the change, but I have not been happy with it. Looking to grow it out past my shoulders. I have medium hair that is curly and frizz-prone. I know it's a long way off until I have a decent length, but I'm wondering what type of brush to buy for general care?

When I used to have long curls before I would use my fingers to detangle in the shower, and a flat plastic detangler when needed. However this time I want to grow my hair longer, but also take better care of it! In terms of boar bristle brushes, should I go for a pure boar, or use one of the nylon/boar blends?

Oh and also giving the full beard grow a go. Not sure I am hairy enough though
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

/\ Seconded. I've been letting it grow like syed, I haven't cut it in more than a year now... Thankfully due to my Greek genes I look like I'm 10 years older or sth if I don't shave.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

The best brushes are from Mason Pearson, hands down. Wether you need a nylon mixed in with the boar hair really depends on the thickness of your hair. Unless you have fine hair I'd recommend some nylon, as it makes it easier to brush/detangle your hair. :-)

Originally posted by syed View Post
                  I need some advice on hairbrushes please. Cut my hair short two Summers ago, because I really needed the change, but I have not been happy with it. Looking to grow it out past my shoulders. I have medium hair that is curly and frizz-prone. I know it's a long way off until I have a decent length, but I'm wondering what type of brush to buy for general care?

When I used to have long curls before I would use my fingers to detangle in the shower, and a flat plastic detangler when needed. However this time I want to grow my hair longer, but also take better care of it! In terms of boar bristle brushes, should I go for a pure boar, or use one of the nylon/boar blends?

Oh and also giving the full beard grow a go. Not sure I am hairy enough though

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

I have actually been eyeing some Mason Pearson brushes for a while now. I may just get the normal nylon/boar blend then. Would the full nylon just be for super thick, tangle-prone hair?
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

I never tried a full nylon, but I guess you're right on that one. I think most people would do just fine with a boar/nylon blend.

Originally posted by syed View Post
                      I have actually been eyeing some Mason Pearson brushes for a while now. I may just get the normal nylon/boar blend then. Would the full nylon just be for super thick, tangle-prone hair?

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

Ahh ok, thanks, will get a boar/nylon mix when I can then

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

okay. the mason pearson brush is industry standard for an excellent brush. you can find a slightly less expensive brush by nick arrojo that is virtually the same thing and i, personally, like the arrojo brush better. as for combing out the tangles i suggest a wide toothed comb and nixing brushing out wet tangles all together. you can use a daily leave in conditioner, i use aveda's daily hair repair, to help combat the frizz and tangles so you're ready for the day. go for the nylon/boar blend and definitely check out the arrojo brush.
                          this leads to a 2nd question. if you're looking to take better care of your hair my next question would be what shampoo/conditioner/styling products are you using? the recent surge in sulfite/sulfate free products does not guarantee a quality product.
                          hope i can help!

Comment

• marsa
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                            He's looking pretty good here. Like the shirt.
                            Originally posted by nekroterrorist View Post

you forgot satanist- who axemurderd his best friend and enjoys burning down churches.

Last edited by marsa; 03-09-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• syed
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                              okay. the mason pearson brush is industry standard for an excellent brush. you can find a slightly less expensive brush by nick arrojo that is virtually the same thing and i, personally, like the arrojo brush better. as for combing out the tangles i suggest a wide toothed comb and nixing brushing out wet tangles all together. you can use a daily leave in conditioner, i use aveda's daily hair repair, to help combat the frizz and tangles so you're ready for the day. go for the nylon/boar blend and definitely check out the arrojo brush.
                              this leads to a 2nd question. if you're looking to take better care of your hair my next question would be what shampoo/conditioner/styling products are you using? the recent surge in sulfite/sulfate free products does not guarantee a quality product.
                              hope i can help!
                              Well I just sold a pair old jeans so I'm thinking of investing in one of the 'Handy' size nylon/boar Mason Pearson's for now - it's not all that expensive considering, plus I really want to visit the shop on Old Bond Street! But I will definitely look into the Arrojo brushes. I have a wide tooth comb from when I had my hair long waiting to be used.

I'm riiiiight at the starting point, but I want to make sure I get into good habits from now. My hair currently reaches a little past the bridge of my nose, so I know I have well over a year before I am anywhere near the length I want (by which point it will be a bed of curls that will need serious taming!). I am thinking of leaving it to grow for six months before I get it trimmed and shaped. After which I guess eight-weekly trims will be in order. I'm determined to go longer than I had it before though, heck one day I would love to have hair at Heirloom's length!

My current hair care routine is nothing special - baby shampoo once every three days, condition every day, and a leave-in conditioner when damp. I used to use Tresemme for curly hair when it was long, but I always found it too heavy. I've been using Aussie hair products for anti-frizz for a while now, which seem to do ok. As far as I can see from the label there are no sulphates. I'll give Aveda a try though. I guess you just have to find out what works for you.

I'm right at the beginning, but heck, I'm going for super long and healthy curls!

*edit* That is the second time I've written a post and accidentally gotten that emoticon at the top...butter fingers :(

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by marsa View Post
                                you forgot satanist- who axemurderd his best friend and enjoys burning down churches.
                                ... and racist prick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎