• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Pure coolness for the new season!

Fashion fans get rady for unique design work by genius Rick Owens - black cozy knit hoodie in black and in casual oversize cut.

Truly eye-catching and the perfect hoodie for any fashion fan who love the special!

Dare the cold with stunning style by Rick Owens!
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ lmao.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

It's finally happened... I've caught the Rick bug. Still don't like the droopy sweats n tees, but man sometimes his more formal/clean stuff is so perfect. The sharp angles, simplicity of design, and luxurious materials are hitting the spot for me lately.
        Last edited by casem; 08-29-2014, 07:22 PM.
        music

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

^^I'm with you. I have always avoided the entire Rick Owens brand due to it's redundant nature and the minimalism it brings, yet in the past 2 years have really gotten into both footwear and formal jackets he presents. The entire Naska season for Rick Owens formal wear was killer for me. I could take like every blazer from the runway and be content.

Speaking of which, I was just wondering "It's strange when you find yourself essentially collecting an entire season from a specific designer?" For instance, I realized the other day that out of the blazers I own, I wear the 5 formal jackets from Julius "Vandalism" like non-stop and with the last purchase I was thought "I didn't even know there were this many formal jackets from that season? WTF?" Ghost is even more limitless with white and black pieces that go for infinity and all have perfect construction and fit for me. Same for Rick Naska pieces and leather jackets from Julius in the Goth_ik or Halo seasons. Certain items can just really fit and/or resonate well with someone from specific collections and it's a fun discovery to know there are more out there. Then other seasons can just fall completely flat and I find myself either loving or hating Rick. For instance, in his current season I don't think I'd pay more than $50 for a single item, yet I have Naska suit jackets that I have paid extreme amounts for, so I give him credit for appealing to different worlds in fashion, despite the basics and redundant pieces that are produced annually.

Comment

• HugAndWug
            • Aug 2014

Spaghetti Westerns

I've recently been rewatching some old westerns and I forgot how much I love the costume design of the characters. Even though they're wearing 3+ layers in the American Southwest it just looks wonderful. The amount of detail in the used nature of clothing is fantastic.

What other movies lately have had a majority of heavily used clothing?

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

The turin horse

Comment

• apathy!
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                I've recently been rewatching some old westerns and I forgot how much I love the costume design of the characters. Even though they're wearing 3+ layers in the American Southwest it just looks wonderful. The amount of detail in the used nature of clothing is fantastic.

What other movies lately have had a majority of heavily used clothing?
                I loved the costumes in Once Upon a Time in the West

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

likewise, i have a long cdidm coat, which when i wear always makes me think of the opening scene.

newer movie: The Proposition, a fav...

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

has anyone here had any experience with toogood Unisex?

I really enjoy their concept and offerings but I am curious to know about it on a quality and construction level.
                    Originally posted by unwashed
                    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                    Originally posted by Ahimsa
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                      It's finally happened... I've caught the Rick bug. Still don't like the droopy sweats n tees, but man sometimes his more formal/clean stuff is so perfect. The sharp angles, simplicity of design, and luxurious materials are hitting the spot for me lately.
                      Me too. The only new thing though is a pair of droopy sweats, DRKSHDW Prisoner pants, that look more elegant than I expected by hiding the white cords. Earlier this year I bought vintage Rick sidezips and all-black Ramones, both well-used, and now my first ever (can you imagine???) Rick leather jacket from AW07. Mere-exposure effect. Or maybe with age I prefer more comfortable stuff than most BBS I own. Of course the Rick diehards will say I'm just collecting the greatest hits which is true in fact, but not on purpose.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Haha, sooner or later he gets you.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

AW07 leathers were the shit. AW09 too. Dunno why but those two seasons the quality of the leather he used seemed way better than other seasons.
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• trentk
                            • Oct 2010

there needs to be a haka in a fashion show at some point. it would fit sz too, since new zealand's rugby team wears all black (and apparently their basketball team does too).

(skip to 1:38)
                            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                              • Apr 2014

I had a dream this morning of a leather jacket with ridiculously long sleeve zippers. Then I get an email from LVR today with this.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                                there needs to be a haka in a fashion show at some point. it would fit sz too, since new zealand's rugby team wears all black (and apparently their basketball team does too).
                                I saw that basketball one and was cracking up at the faces of the US players
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎