Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pumpfish
    • Sep 2010

Galia, you are right about the construction quality. It isn't there yet. I think it is a bit similar to KVA and Raf's own name lines of a few years back, and indeed Ann of old, where compromises are made. And the fabrics are not as fancy to the touch as they appear in photos. (Perfect for the remote shopping experience!), But.....the proportions, the fucking about deconstructing and reconstructing the relationship between jackets and vests. And the play with silhouette. It feels like he is on to something.

Uma is pure pleasure. Strong statements, but not fanciful or pretentious.

I guess both designers could be seen as light relief from the uniform of the crepuscular urban warrior.
    spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Landadel View Post
      Maybe get some tips from Styleforum?
      Wingtips FTW! I think I just need to get a pair of pants that look dressy. Bleh.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tolley
        • Apr 2014

In regards to Haider, I have a coworker that wears a lot of it. The construction is solid on the coats/leathers/sweaters, but the pants have been problematic. He had a pair of the silk pants (the blue ones) ripe completely apart.
        The buy on SSENSE is pretty good (random).

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

I think Haider's proportion is off on most female bodies. Like, most women have hips, and there is no room for that in his clothing, the waist is at an awkward place, giving the hip-length jackets a bizarre flare, and the inverted triangle shape he likes in general is not feminine. It's not obvious on the bodies of models and tilda swinton, but a few sizes up on a regular woman, even a slim one, it really shows...

And I haven't mentionned his jersey pieces, which have obviously been designed for titless chests and just rip apart at every instance.

Maybe he should just move on to costume design, because it sure looks great in pictures and he is onto something with his styling and silhouettes. It's just not clothes meant for real life women to live in and enjoy.

Even though it's not for me, I think Sacai is much more interesting, realistic and current than what haider is doing, which is to me glorified costume play

Comment

• other_animals
            • Mar 2012

i just wanted to throw in my two cents re: Haider. I wear a lot of haider (mostly women's bits actually) and wear a lot of it day in day out. Coats, sweaters, silk trousers, etc, and the only construction issue i've ever come across is that the silk ribbed knits start spider webbing almost instantly, otherwise, I've found all of the pieces I own to be hard wearing, comfortable and well made. (i'm wearing a pair of the plum silk fold pleat trousers as I type this) (i will second that his pricing has gone insane, I mean come on, almost a grand for a basic pull over sweatshirt???(the fit on it is perfect though, and it's such a lovely shade of olive :( ))

Comment

• Tolley
              • Apr 2014

Haider works surprisingly well for my friend who is skinny as a model (also 5'9") but has wide hips. Never seen her with the jackets but pants work really well.

Comment

• Verdandi
                • Mar 2012

I never had fit issues with his clothes either.
                As far as construction and quality go I've had the occasional tank top rip, but that happens with Ann and Rick as well.
                In general, I just like his structured and more 'stern' looking pieces better. I would be happy if he would chose to explore that side a bit more.
                lavender menace

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

The Rick Owens "sale" prices on Gilt right now are hilarious.
                  music

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Ladies and gents - it's fashion week in Paris. Please make an effort to post some collections. I can't do it all and this is a community. Please contribute.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

The euro and the yen have fallen quite a bit against the $.

This means:

a) Americans will be looking to purchase European and Japanese clothing from stores abroad
                      b) related to a) American stores will have a bad season
                      c) European luxury companies will have a bad quarter, second in a row. All conglomerates already got hammered with this last quarter, and looks like it's going to get worse.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Macabre
                        • Nov 2013

Just spotted this in the video for A$AP Ferg's video "A Hundred million roses"
                        "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

the contrast between the last two posts above....
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• deltapie
                            • Feb 2014

*gasp* someone in an A$ap mob video was wearing rick? and here I thought they just name dropped him 24/7 for no reason.
                            "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• Monoral
                              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by deltapie View Post
                              *gasp* someone in an A$ap mob video was wearing rick? and here I thought they just name dropped him 24/7 for no reason.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                the contrast between the last two posts above....

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎