Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Verdandi
    • Mar 2012

The lack of diversity on the runways this season is disgusting. It's whiter than ever.
    lavender menace

Comment

• Tolley
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      The euro and the yen have fallen quite a bit against the $.

This means:

a) Americans will be looking to purchase European and Japanese clothing from stores abroad
      b) related to a) American stores will have a bad season
      c) European luxury companies will have a bad quarter, second in a row. All conglomerates already got hammered with this last quarter, and looks like it's going to get worse.
      As much as the dollar has risen against the two (6 year high), I don't think there's going to a drastic hit for America stores. I guess I'm speaking in regards to luxury stores where buyers are relatively indifferent towards these changes.
      Which conglomerates in particular are you speaking of? LVMH and so forth?

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

While I understand the nostalgia for an influential designer and retailer, without Martin, MMM has been able to transition to a mature luxury / design business which probably does more to quietly promote thoughtful, progressive, relevant fashion than a hatful of Ricks and Reis.

I'm delighted MMM survives and thrives.
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• pilgrim
          • Apr 2014

Been getting into all black wear more lately. Was doing it for awhile, then went in a more mainstream normal direction now I'm back at college and want to look badass. Does anyone have any brands besides Actual Pain and all that other shit that feature Satanic and Occult art? I don't know.

I switch between super normal wear and slightly dressed up and want to get into chilled out, black shit.

There's an interesting feeling in seattle and the northwest like a lot of Nike sneakers and the rare well dressed man or more likely woman...

EDit: This is kind of what I was talking about. http://instagram.com/team_cozy

Just got these Nike tech pants. And free 2.0 triple black. Been wearing an arcteryx veilance lt field jacket. love the angled map pocket on it.

Comment

• apathy!
            • Jan 2014

I recommend some Russian Orthodox robes:

Comment

• pilgrim
              • Apr 2014

haha. design is pretty nice honestly.

Comment

• Tolley
                • Apr 2014

Might be what you're looking for. I just like the t-shirts for BMX, etc.

Comment

• pilgrim
                  • Apr 2014

Really nice.

Comment

• Verdandi
                    • Mar 2012

In ridiulous rumour news:

John Galliano is apparently in talks with Margiela and a couple of other brands.

I love me some John theatrics, but I struggle to imagine what that would look like.
                    lavender menace

Comment

• Monoral
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                      The lack of diversity on the runways this season is disgusting. It's whiter than ever.
                      I've notice that too, it's a darn shame really. So many new Blacks and Asians models copping up everywhere and they don't even bother casting them.

Comment

• guardimp
                        • Jun 2010

Can someone explain why diversity in modelling is important? I understand the need for alternative viewpoints in creative and academic fields, bringing the differing viewpoints,but when you are using people already selected for based on body type it seems kind of facetious to talk about diversity. Regardless of their race the only people selected for most shows have the same body type, the same range of weight and height. What does differing skin color bring to the table other than checking a box?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

Because the people watching might not be white. It's good to allow people to feel included or represented. Body type is strict, sure, but that's somewhat malleable. Race really isn't.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Fashion would be a better place if people would stop politicizing its every move, mistaking apolitical decisions (matters of taste) for political ones, and continuing to intrude on previously private spaces through facile moralizing and public shaming.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Fashion would be a better place if people would stop politicizing its every move, mistaking apolitical decisions (matters of taste) for political ones, and continuing to intrude on previously private spaces through facile moralizing and public shaming.
                              Is this about racially diverse models? I'm not sure the "private tastes" here can be separated from white cultural dominance over the field and in representations. I mean it's the same in blockbusters or whatever. I know I'm glad as fuck to be a white man, much less bullshit to deal with.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by pilgrim View Post
                                Been getting into all black wear more lately. Was doing it for awhile, then went in a more mainstream normal direction now I'm back at college and want to look badass. Does anyone have any brands besides Actual Pain and all that other shit that feature Satanic and Occult art? I don't know.

I switch between super normal wear and slightly dressed up and want to get into chilled out, black shit.

There's an interesting feeling in seattle and the northwest like a lot of Nike sneakers and the rare well dressed man or more likely woman...

EDit: This is kind of what I was talking about. http://instagram.com/team_cozy

Just got these Nike tech pants. And free 2.0 triple black. Been wearing an arcteryx veilance lt field jacket. love the angled map pocket on it.
                                THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎