• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by JoniF
    Semantics.
    I believe the divergence goes beyond formulation and touches upon a failure to understand that many practices we perceive as universal cannot be taken out of a certain socio-historical context.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• widmerpool
      • Nov 2010

If any of you ever decide to have children with someone who is a citizen of a different country you'll soon find having a legally binding marriage agreement is very useful.

Youngsters displaying their complexes is painful to read.
      http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

now that the topic has sifted entirely away from attire, lets move on. this discussion can be continued elsewhere if necessary.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• klue
          • Apr 2009

IS
          SFTM
          A_F

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ off topic!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

M,

you are assuming that I share the same worldview as you do, or at least the general populous does, but I don't, hence the way my argument is framed
              I respect the studies of areas such as anthropology etc, but they do not completely inform my perceptive on these matters. As I said before, marriage exist and will continue to exist becuae its the greatest profession of love one can express to the person they want to spend the rest of their life with..................I believe that societies that exist(ed without marriage came after the ones that had it, because of declining values,

well, as Lowrey said, this discussion needs to be had elsewhere, it is an interesting one, and that's the beauty of SZ

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              Your are committing a logical fallacy of epic proportions; if societies where marriage do not exist occur then it is possible to conceive of a future where only these type of societies would exist UNLESS you think that the determination to have or not have marriage is brought about by an oppositional comparison to other societies (i.e. "if this society doesn't have marriage then ours will to counterbalance them").

Moreover you would have to define what constitutes "human civilization" to say that marriage is concomitant with its existence; depending on the criteria selected it would be quite possible to retort your claim is demonstrably false. As it stands it is merely quite certainly false, which is at the same time infinitely and barely much better.

Terms like always are quite problematic, especially when viewed through the prism of anthropology and even more so when they're applied to the (heavily discounted) future.
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• klue
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                /\ off topic!
                what? that was my wedding attire...

Comment

• franz
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by klue View Post
                  what? that was my wedding attire...

Very nice. Is there bits of purple on the scarf?
                  If so, it complements the outfit nicely, although the different textures already provide some depth to your outfit.
                  Only 'criticism', from what I can see, not a huge fan of the shoes in association with the rest.
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                    I wonder, does the issue change if the guest wants to wear ripped jeans, sneakers, and a tshirt?
                    i think it does... forget the old adage, you are what you eat, when it comes down to it...you are what you wear.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

what about funerals? i have to go to one on saturday and wonder if i could wear my typical gear (ma+ blazer, tee, luc pants) or if i need to pull out an old black suit i never wear.

i think if we move this discussion to another thread it will die.

and about marriage. if you use adam and eve as the starting point of human civilization then the discussion ends as soon as it began. (which is fine, one worldview is not more valid then the other, for discussion purposes.) if you have an evolutionary perspective then i think it is clear that marriage is a social institution, not a biological one. it aids in the stability of a society and in child rearing, but it is in direct competition with another, possibly more powerful, evolutionary drive, that of procreation. men want to make a baby with every attractive woman they see. (in their conscious mind they just want to do the nasty, but really its about makin a babby). they can't help it. all day every day. the problem is that as the human brain has evolved, as we have reached higher levels of brain development, we have attached a moral component to this conflict. coupled with the emotional attachment we now have the need to take a vow and commit for all eternity, to protect some of our emotions. so now, if u yield to the wrong evolutionary drive, you are a cheater and a scumbag and u lose half your shit. which, i guess makes sense, i mean if u make a promise u gotta keep it.

either way my marriage is awesome and i wouldn't trade it for anything. and i couldn't have cared less what people wore to the wedding.
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• ashamed
                        • Jan 2011

Last edited by ashamed; 01-05-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

/\ nice one cj (sounds like something reginald perrin might say, if he was trying to be down with the kinds)

Comment

• Magician
                            • Jul 2008

(which is fine, one worldview is not more valid then the other, for discussion purposes.)

ehhhhh....I think the unicorns-are-real worldview is not as valid as the unicorns-were-sweet-in-game-of-thrones worldview. This applies to some others as well.
                            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

c.j., in texas isnt it what hat you wear that is the big decision?

as long as you are respectful of the host the dress code will be appropriate, dead or alive.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

i have narrowed it down to 2:

or

suggestions?

my stetson is in the shop
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎