Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uncontrol
    • Feb 2008

I don't really feel like I am being defensive. It's fine to say "this fit is shit" but to say it doesn't qualify as fashion is a bit weird.

I genuinely don't want to derail this thread any further, so please excuse me.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I asked you to refrain from posting your fits, not in general. Not all clothes are fashion.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

Without passing any judgement on Uncontrol's fit, most of the clothes are produced by labels that consider themselves to be operating within the fashion industry and Uncontrol wore them with the intent of being fashionable. I don't follow how they are not fashion; defining fashion as "clothes that I like" seems dubious at best.

This is food for another thread though. I don't want to push it any further here because there's been one fit posted in the past three or four pages. to that end I vote for this entire mess to be moved, but not deleted.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

while I ultimately agree, it's kind of funny that you haven't been around
          here long but are demanding a return to the good old days. The good old days being a year ago.

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
          Seriously? Where this all belongs is the WTF thread? Since when were people on StyleZeitgeist so adolescent? Get a life and focus on the clothing, not other shit, people. Post a photo, make a constructive comment, or go home!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
            (I thought the satchel was gonna' be CH! Though I'm not well versed in the insanity which is Chrome Hearts.)
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• several_girls
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Uncontrol View Post
              It's that StyleZeitgeist is about a very, very specific aesthetic and subset of designers.
              I would agree that the subset of designers is specific, but disagree that there's any inherent aesthetic preference. If there be any, it seems to follow from this preference for designers and not the other way around.

I (and likely others) would love to see things like Junya, White Mountaineering, Monitaly or Brioni in this thread.

Pardon me for re-hashing a debate that is probably as old as SZ itself.

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

Id love to not see brioni or white mountaineering

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                  I would agree that the subset of designers is specific, but disagree that there's any inherent aesthetic preference. If there be any, it seems to follow from this preference for designers and not the other way around.

I (and likely others) would love to see things like Junya, White Mountaineering, Monitaly or Brioni in this thread.

Pardon me for re-hashing a debate that is probably as old as SZ itself.
                  Those folks might get more out of visiting SF, no?

ps - what is Monitaly??? I've never even heard of it.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post

ps - what is Monitaly??? I've never even heard of it.

^ PARENT/part of yuketen.

Comment

• several_girls
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                      I would agree but a majority of the clothes that end up on SF from those brands are the bland and safe items, although I haven't looked at SF's waywt in awhile, so I could be wrong. Really styled (dare I say progressive?) stuff from Junya or Prorsum don't get as much attention. Except for scott m, of course. ts(s) and The Soloist are other examples of this "progressive trad" of which I am thinking

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                        ^ PARENT/part of yuketen.
                        That explains why.

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                        I would agree but a majority of the clothes that end up on SF from those brands are the bland and safe items, although I haven't looked at SF's waywt in awhile, so I could be wrong. Really styled (dare I say progressive?) stuff from Junya or Prorsum don't get as much attention. Except for scott m, of course. ts(s) and The Soloist are other examples of this "progressive trad" of which I am thinking
                        If progressive trad is your thing, sf or sufu are still your best bets. All the boys' forums have their own aesthetic, and if that particular style took over SZ, I probably wouldn't visit anymore.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

Heatwave in SF.

Julius blood shred
                          Rick Owens drop crotch pant
                          Old cobbler-made boots

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

haven't seen zubaz pants in a while

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                              relativism is so intellectually lazy.

i'm comfortable upholding the standard for human physical beauty that has stretched from the dawn of civilization through the renaissance.

"he who cannot draw on 3000 years of history is living hand to mouth."
                              -goethe
                              That standard doesn't exist and was never universal. In fact so many co-existing standards have been present at the same time, sometimes in the same society that we can hardly talk about standards.

Personally I go with modern standards of dress and wear New Balances, dad jeans and a polo shirt, not some fag-goth clothing like you guyz.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

The exceptions (F/Mumma) prove the rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎