• killah
    • Jun 2009

hmmm

undercover undercover schneider acne avantindietro

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

Thanks for the nice comments Michael.

MBD-I like your suggestion about the dress worn out, permitted with a different piece on my upper body. The one problem is that the dress has massive layering at the top due to the way it's constructed and it puffs out a little at the waist, due to the thickness of the wool. I'll restyle sometime and show you.

As for the vest, I like it closed and don't mind stepping in and out masculine territory in the way I style my attire*.

*no make up or lace, but you know what I mean....

Comment

• darkbydesign
        • Sep 2010

^^Killah.

What's the bottom of that cardigan got going on? Is it print or sewn/stitched? Looks pretty cool for layering.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by merz
          right, this here marks the rock bottom of absurdity, fits and all that follows. peace out.
          +1 (5 char)
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

where is eric glennie to save us all

for the record, my comments were not directed at acm who is about as far removed from fat as one can be

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

not to sound harsh but....yes, it's much easier to be unfit than fit. much easier to eat whatever than to watch your diet. much easier to sit on the couch and watch tv then to physically exert yourself. yes, it is all about choice...I applaud people like the contestants on "The Biggest Loser", morbidly obese people who made the choice to change. The results they achieve are remarkable, but not really unexpected; decrease in caloric intake + increase in physical activity = NEW BODY. GUARANTEED to work for everyone,of course YMMV.

I've lifted and engaged in athletics for many decades but had to stop because of messed up shoulders. I can honestly say that no item of clothing, no holy grail feels right on my body since I stopped. I cherish the times I worked out hard and then went into my closet to dress. Nice clothes made me feel good but sore muscles made me feel GREAT! I like to look good in clothes. I love to look great naked. I can no longer exercise the way I used to, the way I love, but I will continue to find ways to be active and to indulge and fulfill my athletic jones, Eating clean is something I don't think about; it's my way of life.

NO, I don't judge a persons choice or impose my values on others. I don't believe it's lack of education or knowledge that allows a person to take the easy route. However,the way someone chooses to live is uniquely personal and should be beyond evaluation (insert necessary 'do no harm to others' disclaimer here). To clarify, i really don't care if anyone else chooses to be fit or otherwise. It is absolutely their decision. One that has no effect on my life.

one last note:
              society has never dictated human physical beauty to me. no book,tv program or movie ever told me what i should find attractive in a body. i like what i like without thought. My taste and reactions are automatic,visceral.....natural.

might as well shit up the thread some more

ps: doesn't anybody else find it extremely ironic that mr.oven himself urges people to workout?

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

There are no physical reasons (diseases) that cause people to become obese. All the hereditary and thyroid issues you've heard of lack much evidence (they're exaggerated). You can say they have psychological problems and while it may be true you don't hear the same cushion used on drug addicts. Same shit. Same goes for smokers. There are far more health costs attributed to the overweight than those who smoke yet everyone fucking hates smokers.

Most designers work with a specific body-type in mind and it's obviously a being of perfection. They're hunting for beauty
                (on that note: the super-thin are normally far from healthy). Who cares? What looks good on you? You can be too tall, short, fat, thin, black, white, etc. for any garment. Of course Carol hates us all.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

carol loves jerry's kids

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

double post....

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                      There are no physical reasons (diseases) that cause people to become obese. All the hereditary and thyroid issues you've heard of lack much evidence (they're exaggerated). You can say they have psychological problems and while it may be true you don't hear the same cushion used on drug addicts. Same shit. Same goes for smokers. There are far more health costs attributed to the overweight than those who smoke yet everyone fucking hates smokers.
                      This is untrue. There are documented neurological disorders that cause affected individuals to not know when to stop eating.

Some addictions are also neurological, and withdrawal can be enough to kill an addict.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

killah! great fit. you sure picked the winners of undercover pieces; most of it is too "street style" eclecticness for my taste.

@endorphinz, looking in pretty good shape for someone with a nagging shoulder injury.

i think people took this whole obesity talk too personally. i am not pointing fingers. i am not calling anyone who isn't a fitness model obese. i am merely stating that if we can civilly discuss the merits of quality clothing, that some emphasis should be put on the body that the clothing is made for.

being mildly overweight and not in shape has become something you cannot discuss normally in western society. does this dress make me look fat? did i gain weight?

well i can't fucking answer that honestly can i.

Comment

• asecretmaker
                          • Apr 2011

darkbydesign, i really wish i could see you wearing that somewhere in san francisco. i love it.

Comment

• christianef
                            • Feb 2009

fascinating debate - i want to use the proverbial eating popcorn smiley but did u know one large bag of movie popcorn has as many calories as two big macs. ay caramba.

Comment

• scott.m
                              • Mar 2009

Hey guys, been a while, great meeting those of you I was lucky enough to the other week, hope to see you all again soon. Here's a fit to get back into the swing of things:

JW Man 09 reversible
                              Thom Varsity Stripe Pink Oxford
                              A Bathing Ape Bapex
                              Acne Cropped trousers
                              JW Man 09 Runway Boots

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                                fascinating debate - i want to use the proverbial eating popcorn smiley but did u know one large bag of movie popcorn has as many calories as two big macs. ay caramba.
                                Popcorn would be okay. Just make sure it's not the evil itself: BREAD.

Going bad to the source of the discussion, i would say that the sweater on acm100 looks much better than clothes discussed here on most people doing exaggerated workouts and diets, leading to a different silhoutte than what I have in mind for these clothes. That is entirely superficial. Every thought that goes deeper is a wasted one for some real problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎