• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sergey Seven
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
    Is the wrap too big?
    i thought its free size.
    anyway better to wait till winter, and wear it with something black or dark grey. but the best way (imo) to wear some leather jacket under the wrap (so only leather sleeves would be visible)

Comment

• Mail-Moth
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by acm100 View Post
      I feel its extremely cohesive. I mean everything but the wrap couldn't be simpler. I feel like you'd not like the Boris wrap no matter how it was styled. I think its a great piece. Take it up with Boris perhaps that you find his work warlockish lol
      I don't. As I don't remember saying anything against the piece itself. I simply think that the "one piece stands out and keep the rest simple" formula is not as effective as people use to say. At least not in this case. It needs balance.
      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• ACM
        • Jan 2011

Well, nevertheless I still think it works, but thanks for the input. I could do a darker LS but I think a more voluminous pant would drown me

Comment

• Carcass
          • May 2010

acm, I think it's more of the way you styled the hood in the picture. Otherwise, I really like the fit and the way everything fits you. You just need to figure out where to put that hood, because the way you have it looks a little silly.

Comment

• Pumpfish
            • Sep 2010

ACM, it is the startled look and the just landed hair that causes the distraction.

I think the shapes work well. Bit of a fix up on the collar drape, tighten the ankle area of the boot, and you are there.
            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

acm - have u thought of maybe posting your fits in the new "styling questions" thread? it seems you are kinda exploring a new style or something and perhaps that is a better place to go work things out. just to keep this thread tidy etc. and u may get more constructive feedback there too...
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• killah
                • Jun 2009

thnx guys the schneider cardi is actually wool embroidered into the end of the arms n bottom of the front panels. old p ic

'nother old pic , wore same fit today tho. phone couldnt send out any pics to upload today for some strange rzn

dat slouch
                gareth pugh haider ackermann avantindietro

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Lol @ Christian. My first thought was:
                  music

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post

fascinating debate - i want to use the proverbial eating popcorn smiley but did u know one large bag of movie popcorn has as many calories as two big macs.
                    ay caramba.
                    christianef, for this discussion, you'll need to use the low-cal chicken broth smiley
                    . . . . . . . . . . .(lest your fa-shun cred be shot to shit) ;p
                    sain't

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

rick owens suit, funny enough look kind of fat in this pic

Comment

• asecretmaker
                        • Apr 2011

Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead.
                        --Rick Owens

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

^i dont know if this is some joke or idk.... -_____-

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

kunk, if there's any allowance at the cuff, take advantage of it and lengthen those sleeves.

Take a look at your left hand in the photo and where the sleeve ends. On a blazer, they should hit near the base of your thumb to balance out the overall look. Here, they barely cover your wrist. And the jacket's longer length only exaggerates that.

As my Croatian mother would say – it makes you look like you're wearing somebody else's jacket.
                            sain't

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

i believe it is the position of the button that gives off the 'fat' impression. button is positioned pretty high up, and thus the usual flaring out of the bottom of the blazer begins just below the torso, where it usually begins around the waist.

Comment

• Marko
                                • Jul 2009

Yes, with a one button jacket the fit would be much more flattering if the closure was closer to your true waist. I have a long torso, and I don't know if you do as well, but I have the same issue with Rick jackets.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎