Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanna
    • May 2008

You can have mine, Im having a sample sale for my fat this Friday.

Ps: I got a juicer. I think this is going to be the beginning of a very fruitful relationship.
    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Carcass
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      I'll probably regret asking this, but here goes...

I have to gain weight. I won't get into reasoning...no one cares. So, in turn, I need more calories. However, I don't want them to be from McDonalds et al.

I downloaded an app that says I need to eat around 3000 calories a day, and I'm struggling. It seems like all I do is eat and eat and eat.

Suggestions for HEALTHY calories? Ideally something that's not as filling as eating an entire avocado every hour?
      Healthy fats are probably the only way to do this without feeling like you're stuffing yourself all day. The exception is if you're exercising quite a bit and you need to replenish other macronutrients, as well. Lots of nuts, as L mentioned, and drizzle some quality olive oil on whatever you're eating. You might be able to add 100-200 calories per meal and snack in this way. Vegan desserts are a good way to get high quality fats into you pretty quickly, as they're made with coconut oil, cashews, almonds, and pecans a lot of the time. Also, desserts made with heavy cream from grass fed cows are awesome, in general.

Comment

• fncyths
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        I have to gain weight...
        Increase your protein intake. Eat before bed. Sleep a lot. Eat when you wake up. Sleep when you eat. Eat when you sleep!

I hated having to gain weight for sports during HS. I played varsity ball and every season had to beef up a bit...

Originally posted by Shucks
        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
        Originally posted by interest1
        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

Total 180 here...

Spent the weekend in Desert Hot Springs with a beautiful friend. We decided last minute to go, booked a little boutique hotel, soaked in mineral pools, got mud treatments, massages, the works. Took time to write, realign, and refocus on what's important

It's the little things that make all the stresses in life dissipate, even if it is for a day or two...

Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
            Banned
            • Jun 2011

3k cals? honestly not that much, no need for a major lifestyle change 3 meals at 800 each with snacks/drinks through out the day

grilled cheese with butter = 500, OJ = 120 cals, scrambled eggs = 300 cals, coffee with some milk/sugar

1k cals at breakfast easy as an example

or lunch:

2 slices whole wheat bread - 240 cals, turkey/ham 250 cals, 1 slice cheese 100 cals, mayo/mustard 100 cals, avocado 300 cals

1k cals at lunch EASY

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

I weigh 150lbs, and I'm 6'1, so as you can imagine, I don't have a huge appetite. It seems like an easy task, but I'm honestly full after a bowl of cereal.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the tips. I'm trying to just add 10lbs without adding them all to my gut, so trying to avoid the typical crap food and sugar.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                You can have mine, Im having a sample sale for my fat this Friday.

Ps: I got a juicer. I think this is going to be the beginning of a very fruitful relationship.

@Dane

I guess you've got the pic from the other suggestions but 2 add:

almond (peanut) butter and honey (jelly)sandwiches on whole wheat

flax seed oil in shakes/smoothies

yams,brown rice, whole wheat pastas

and I gotta say to OJ that 3K cals is a lot if you wanna eat CLEAN

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2011

guess its all relative. easy for some hard for others

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

well I wouldn't call your above menus an example of clean eating... not in my eyes anyway. guess I'm not the right guy to ask tho. I've been eating ridiculously clean for too many years to count. I've got plenty of vices but food isn't 1 of them.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2011

not 100% sure what "clean" means exactly? low in fat? low in carbs?

is peanut butter clean? olive oil clean? oats clean? milk clean?

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

^i think clean typically means no "bad" fats, white carbs, or processed/packaged food? minimal/no alchohol?

somewhat relatedly, I've lately been embracing animal fat and it's improved my quality of life immensely.
                        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

Intrigued by the concept of embracing animal fat. Care to expand on that? Ahah

I guess the most significant thing I have ever done to improve my quality of life (asid from getting a dog) has been getting laser eye surgery last week. No more glasses for me! My face still feels a bit naked, but it's great to be able to see

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

@laika - Naturally. (No, I will not be sucked into another food discussion, god knows I've had enough in the past three years).
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

dane, a bottle of wine is worth about 500ish calories. add one of those to your daily diet.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                                well I wouldn't call your above menus an example of clean eating... not in my eyes anyway. guess I'm not the right guy to ask tho. I've been eating ridiculously clean for too many years to count. I've got plenty of vices but food isn't 1 of them.
                                well even eating "clean" 3k wouldnt be alot to me. varies from person to person. could probably eat 3k calories of just cottage cheese in a day lol

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎