• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I've already calculated everything

Definitely not qualified for a mortgage and I don't want to own NYC property anyway (talk about headache). I wanna be like Ed Koch!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

it's not a headache when you are your own landlord. plus, nyc real estate never really depreciates. the mortgage rates are good these days if you can get them.

when i leased my car, they told me i had no credit history so they jacked up my monthly. sad i pay extra to get more credit history..

Comment

• qazwsx
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by phiman View Post
        Getting rid of false friends and energy-draining persons in my private life and focussing more on the people that actually matter to me.
        I've done that quite a while to few friends. no party for almost half a year. Well one of them is now moving on to a better life but our friendship seems helpless. Choosing who to cut off would be a tough job as many people are smart but they just don't do shit...yet. People change.
        "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
          it's not a headache when you are your own landlord. plus, nyc real estate never really depreciates. the mortgage rates are good these days if you can get them.

when i leased my car, they told me i had no credit history so they jacked up my monthly. sad i pay extra to get more credit history..
          When I said I've calculated everything I meant I can't afford it. I actually would like to know people who can. Who are they? What do they do for a living? Are they normal human beings? Are they from this universe?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drizzly
            Banned
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by endersgame View Post

secure credit card helps establish credit history

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

* gym - probably one of the better decision I've made lately. Was putting it off for a long time (used to do a bit of sports when was a teen), same old excuses. Finally took the plunge last year and stuck to it. Couldn't be happier. Diet has changed, energy levels changed, posture changed, gf likes to poke bits, helps with stress levels, etc. etc. Next step - martial arts: mma/muay thai/krav maga. Shame the ma gyms seem to think that people finish working at lunch time.

* moved to a different neighbourhood - the most important new change. Cannot even describe how weird it felt at first not to have 5 Somalians shout from their car to "put some mens clothes on". But mostly lifted a huge worry when it comes to my gf walking around the area. PS Faust - move for sure. Even if the space is compromised, it's worth it.

* major cut on the alcohol - mostly to do with the first change above, but also feels fantastic.

* hailo - app that is amazing at getting you places when public transport is not an option

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

drizzly, it wasn't about having credit cards in good standing. i had plenty. through the banks eyes, my history of financing big ticket items was nil, which put me at higher risk for better lease deals.

faust, the more down payment you can put down, the more manageable your payments will be. trouble is, neighborhoods are getting more expensive than we can save for. williamsburg condo's are selling for $1,000/sq ft.. bushwick brownstones are in the millions.

wtf, i'm priced out of bushwick...

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

Im renting in Bushwick. Cant tell you the difference between living Originally on myrtle ave under the M train to living on starr street has been. My new apartment has 17ft wood beam ceilings, exposed brick, French doors. Has made the biggest difference in my disposition. Perpetual surliness--out the window. I dont want to move and am praying to whoever that there isnt a rent increase come renewal time.
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    It's easy where I live. Plenty of street parking. It would put me 15 min away from Park Slope (where I was thinking to move), 25 min from Williamsburg, and 30 min away from SoHo; it would still be a few hundred $ cheaper than moving to an inferior apartment in PS (how crazy is that?) and would free me up to go out of the city, etc. If you saw my apartment, you'd understand my hesitation :-)
                    I would hesitate to swap space for neighborhood, especially if you live with another person. Unless your lifestyle revolves around going out, which mine no longer does. Having lived in small spaces in desirable parts of Manhattan for the last 10+ years, I am definitely ready to have more room...and a car to get out of here when I feel like it.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Yeah, I've noticed your life no longer revolves around going out, ahem!!!

Oh, M, we are getting older! Thank god.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

I meant to add, if you like cooking at home, space is also super important....cooking at home is a huge contributor to QOL for me.
                        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Indeed, same here. So much cheaper (even if you buy the best produce) and healthier.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

here's a nice little studio for sale in PS. 250k with $200 maintenance. if the board is cool, you can probably install pressurized walls and make it in to an alcove studio. fuck car payments.

Property Not Found. We're sorry, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps try again or use the options listed on this page.

vanna, in high school, we use to make fun of kids that lived in bushwick. now those kids are going to start charging manhattan rents.

cooking at home is great if you have the ductwork for a high velocity range hood. my friend loves to cook at home but has no vent. he smells like a greasy line cook..

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

It's nice. And little :-) My apartment is probably 4 times the size and I have a daughter who stays overnight all the time.

I know what I need for better quality of life. A second income. :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2011

only eating once a day now at 4am. big ass meal, hit all my macros. no temptation to snack, or buy fast food, save alot of money. never feel tired at all

couple fish oil tablets a day, help with almost everything

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎