Quality of Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mini bakery
    really improved my QoL. funny how cheap and tasty home bread could be.

nurse
    for my seriously ill mother-in-law. even if it costs me a PH jacket (long) cost each month, but my and my wife's nerves, strength and health - way more important.

iphone5
    sounds stupid but it's really more functional and comfortable than 4/4s. wide screen rules.

cab service subscription
    our life has become much better when we given up plans to buy a car. cab is more convenient, cheaper a year, more practical, and you can get drunk when you wanna.

wishlist for this year:

-try to start my own business.
    -buy mountain bikes again. need an adrenaline discharge.
    -think seriously about the new apartment. with dressing area and large bedroom.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Also would like to move this year. Tired of the ghetto. Although something tells me I am in for a rude awakening once I actually go look at apartments...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        rude awakening once I actually go look at apartments...
        aha. same shit. sure you have a general idea what's going on in the real estate market in this city. can afford normal apartment there where you are, for the price of a kennel I live in here.

Comment

• noise
          • Oct 2012

a bit dumb, but having two 2.2 liter refillable water bottles (those cheap H20Go ones you can find at wal-mart for $2) has been a revelation. after week or so of drinking a little more then a gallon a day the health benefits have crazy good and it's definitely helped me save by not having to buy a case of bottled water every week.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Unsubscribing from all the flash sale and groupon-like emails. Honestly, it's not worth it and there is inverse correlation between peace of mind and pinging iPhone.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• josecc
              • Feb 2012

Clean air of this small town, now I don't get sick frequently (almost never), the pollution in the air of Mexico City and London is really something wrong.

Comment

• phiman
                • Dec 2011

Timegg App for iPhone. Keeping an eye on deadlines seems to have an anti-procrastinatory effect on me.

Learning Chinese. (Disregarding the part time mental overload) learning and being able to write Chinese characters is fun and also a good memory exercise.

Getting rid of false friends and energy-draining persons in my private life and focussing more on the people that actually matter to me.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by phiman View Post
                  Timegg App for iPhone. Keeping an eye on deadlines seems to have an anti-procrastinatory effect on me.

Learning Chinese. (Disregarding the part time mental overload) learning and being able to write Chinese characters is fun and also a good memory exercise.

Getting rid of false friends and energy-draining persons in my private life and focussing more on the people that actually matter to me.
                  My next big project. This is so important.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

I've done just that recently. I now find myself basically alone.

wamp womp
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

CCP and

THIS have improved my quality of

life. It seems that CCP is indeed hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                        CCP and

THIS have improved my quality of

life. It seems that CCP is indeed hard to find.
                        it's a fake. it's even not dripped.

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

actually this ccp has much in common with the other ccp. both are cumbersome and intend to inflict pain. both seem to be an acquired taste that require time and effort to appreciate. it's next to impossible to find both at a reasonable price.

I am still acquiring my taste for the ccp I posted. I haven't invested the time needed to take advantage of all it's "beauty" but was able to find it for $0.... the software,not the remote

on a much more serious note, the last few years have drastically affected my QoL. I have been taking care of my 90 yr old dad (with help)...99% deaf,Parkinson's, bad heart,immobile and dementia. This dude's unconditional love for me has been the only constant in my life and I now feel privileged to be able to reciprocate.

The financial & social impact upon my life has been devastating but the understanding, and re arranging,of priorities has left an indelible and irreversible (hopefully) mark on my soul that has improved my QoL

not sayin that I would have chosen my current situation, just that there really are silver linings.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            I've done just that recently. I now find myself basically alone.

wamp womp
                            I thought this would happen when I deleted my FB. Surprisingly it didn't. However a lot of people have fallen off the radar and I feel a lot lighter. Also not knowing about what people I don't care about are doing or think has removed about 75% of negative thoughts I used to have.

First step to a better life and being a better person: get off facebook

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

^
                              anything that asks you to "like" should be avoided

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                                I thought this would happen when I deleted my FB. Surprisingly it didn't. However a lot of people have fallen off the radar and I feel a lot lighter. Also not knowing about what people I don't care about are doing or think has removed about 75% of negative thoughts I used to have.

First step to a better life and being a better person: get off facebook
                                Just use that "unfollow" button, that's all.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎