• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
    only eating once a day now at 4am. big ass meal, hit all my macros. no temptation to snack, or buy fast food, save alot of money. never feel tired at all

couple fish oil tablets a day, help with almost everything
    thats a fast way to an ulcer

Comment

• sam_tem
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      It's nice. And little :-) My apartment is probably 4 times the size and I have a daughter who stays overnight all the time.

I know what I need for better quality of life. A second income. :-)
      that was going to be my response to your original question. dual income couples with no kids are soaking up all the prime real estate throughout the country. i think the dog parks get better funding than the playgrounds in my area and you definitely don't see any other families loading up at the grocery store. i feel like an ancient relic from another time or something.

probably best to just wait until ya'lls reproductive systems are all shriveled up and just adopt. can't tell you how often i feel like an idiot for raising a child in this country.

Comment

• eat me
        • May 2009

only eating once a day now at 4am. big ass meal, hit all my macros. no temptation to snack, or buy fast food, save alot of money. never feel tired at all

couple fish oil tablets a day, help with almost everything
        this is so wrong.

Comment

• fireflygrave
          • Aug 2012

^^ Agreed. I don't know how you can possibly only eat once a day. I would either feel disgustingly full for half of the day, or super hungry after a few hours. Are you just ignoring this, or do you genuinely not feel it?
          put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
            Banned
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by fireflygrave View Post
            ^^ Agreed. I don't know how you can possibly only eat once a day. I would either feel disgustingly full for half of the day, or super hungry after a few hours. Are you just ignoring this, or do you genuinely not feel it?
            on the contrary i feel content all day long and not hungry at all. because I have one meal where I can down close to 2k calories and eat basically anything that I want I never feel the urge to overeat anymore. try to get my meal in before I sleep so my body can focus on digesting the food and i dont have to do it while awake. in the morning when I wake up ill have some extra strong coffee to start and then pop 3 fish oil capsules into my mouth (making sure the burst the capsules not swallowing) and im feeling great

and I still workout 4x a week, and walk a few miles every day on the weekend so its not like im sitting on my ass all day

ive come to realize that in the past ive never been "hungry" during say lunch or dinner time I was just used to eating at that time combined with everyone else around me eating it kind of tricks you into thinking youre hungry

its basically treating eating as fuel for the body opposed to something to do at a certain hour of the day

also before I would feel full/bloated after all 3 of my meals compared to now I just feel bloated after 1 meal (going to bed right after anyways so no harm done) and the rest of the day I feel great

Originally posted by eat me View Post
            this is so wrong.
            hard to argue this profound logic right here

Comment

• i-d-g
              • Sep 2012

on the contrary i feel content all day long and not hungry at all. because I have one meal where I can down close to 2k calories and eat basically anything that I want I never feel the urge to overeat anymore. try to get my meal in before I sleep so my body can focus on digesting the food and i dont have to do it while awake. in the morning when I wake up ill have some extra strong coffee to start and then pop 3 fish oil capsules into my mouth (making sure the burst the capsules not swallowing) and im feeling great

and I still workout 4x a week, and walk a few miles every day on the weekend so its not like im sitting on my ass all day

ive come to realize that in the past ive never been "hungry" during say lunch or dinner time I was just used to eating at that time combined with everyone else around me eating it kind of tricks you into thinking youre hungry

its basically treating eating as fuel for the body opposed to something to do at a certain hour of the day

also before I would feel full/bloated after all 3 of my meals compared to now I just feel bloated after 1 meal (going to bed right after anyways so no harm done) and the rest of the day I feel great
              is there any evidence that this is.. okay for you? virtually every nutritionist, personal trainer, or doctor that i've ever spoken to insists on three meals minimum, and a lot recommend five smaller meals during the day.

just something about going against what a couple of hundred thousand years of evolution have brought us to seems illogical.
              “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by i-d-g View Post
                is there any evidence that this is.. okay for you? virtually every nutritionist, personal trainer, or doctor that i've ever spoken to insists on three meals minimum, and a lot recommend five smaller meals during the day.

just something about going against what a couple of hundred thousand years of evolution have brought us to seems illogical.
                there is plenty of evidence out there that suggests fasting or only eating once a day is better for you in many ways. Look up intermittent fasting and the warrior diet

thousands of years ago, people would go days without eating cause back then you had to hunt for food you couldnt just pop open your kenmore and make yourself a sandwich so they usually ate less frequently and in larger quantities

its funny cause most people in the US eat 3 meals a day as "virtually every nutritionist, personal trainer, or doctor" recommends and yet something like 60% (dont quote me on the figure but its up there) of the population is overweight and problably couldnt run a mile without keeling over halfway through the first 250m

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

wasn't a human's life expectancy thousands of years ago 1/2-1/3 of ours today? Granted, medicine has changed, and I agree that most of the food we buy today is crap, but still...mammals need calories to function.

when it comes to "scientific proof" these days, there are so many conflicting studies that it's challenging to know what plan to chose, so I imagine is fairly subjective. I too only eat one large meal per day, but mine is at lunch, and while it works okay for me, I imagine others wouldn't do so well.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

number of times you eat per day has very little to do with health, it's just a question of how well you're servicing your nutritional needs. personally eating once a day sounds like an awful thing for my quality of life.

dane's, it's closer to 2/3rds on the whole. anyone who survived childhood back in the day could expect to reach their 50s or 60s. wealthy people lived nearly as long as we do.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                      this is so wrong.
                      lol @ username of poster who posted this in response to that exact post.

and as for quality of life in my particular case, I've found the key I think - solitude. Immense, profound, cosmic solitude.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                        number of times you eat per day has very little to do with health, it's just a question of how well you're servicing your nutritional needs. personally eating once a day sounds like an awful thing for my quality of life.

dane's, it's closer to 2/3rds on the whole. anyone who survived childhood back in the day could expect to reach their 50s or 60s. wealthy people lived nearly as long as we do.
                        I think that's true of hundreds of years ago, but thousands? I remember reading an article about ancient egypt, and they said something to the effect of men in/around 35, women around 30. That number no doubt would change depending on location/exact year, etc. In general though, they didn't live very long.

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                        and as for quality of life in my particular case, I've found the key I think - solitude. Immense, profound, cosmic solitude.
                        Wise, wise words.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

this is for neolithic humans. life expectancy shaved off a little less than a decade in early sedentary societies before climbing back up by the time we get to anyone with cool ass names like "Greeks" or "Romans".

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            wasn't a human's life expectancy thousands of years ago 1/2-1/3 of ours today? Granted, medicine has changed, and I agree that most of the food we buy today is crap, but still...mammals need calories to function.

when it comes to "scientific proof" these days, there are so many conflicting studies that it's challenging to know what plan to chose, so I imagine is fairly subjective. I too only eat one large meal per day, but mine is at lunch, and while it works okay for me, I imagine others wouldn't do so well.
                            calories shouldnt be any different just eating them all at once as opposed to spreading them out to 3+ meals. I just had 2.2k for breakfast. I try for 80-90% protein and fat, and the rest carbs alot of people think they couldnt function because of how hungry they are but I think theyd be surprised. one big meal a day, some caffeine and some nuts are all I need

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

I was speaking more of not eating for several days.

Comment

• Carcass
                                • May 2010

The intermittent fasting I practice is similar to what 0J is doing, but instead of doing it in one meal, I do it in an eight hour period every 24 hours. So, you get all your calories in, and then fast for 16 hours. You just have to be sure to eat nutritionally dense foods.

Also, 0J, the results of this study show that while there are reductions in fat mass eating just one meal per day without calorie restriction, your cardio health can suffer. Depending on how much you burn, how much you might be building muscle, etc, this could be important.

Last edited by Carcass; 02-12-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎