Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

I just have a picture in my head of a petite woman hugging an obese pig.

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

i thought french people slathered everything in butter and cream to begin with, are these no longer animal fats?

speaking of, i discovered creme fraiche. quality of life ^^^^^^

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Oh I go through loads of butter on a daily basis, it's actually quite bad. I think the only reason I'm not the aforementioned obese pig is that I've been blessed with a small appetite and a fast metabolism

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

i figured the french paradox had to do with constant brow furrowing and tut-tuting at parisian tourists

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

yep laika's got it 'cept for the alcohol part...food may not be a vice for me but.......

actually that's changed these daze. also,since i retired from virtually all sports/exercise i consume way less cals but i still maintain a clean diet. i still believe that eating a clean 3k cals would be fairly difficult for most people, not impossible but it would take some work

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
              i figured the french paradox had to do with constant brow furrowing and tut-tuting at parisian tourists
              Maybe being a judgemental pessimist snob speeds up my metabolism. Thank you Dr Patroklus

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post

and I gotta say to OJ that 3K cals is a lot if you wanna eat CLEAN
                I dunno man, I eat a clean 4-5Kcals/day. It's a bit of work to eat that much, but 3K would be cake.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

^
                  k then. I stand corrected. I can't imagine eating that much,even when I was active.. care to post a sample menu? I'm just wondering where the cals come from.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2011

weight matters too. im ~165lbs, 3k is cake :p

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

1. Emu, whole
                      2. Olive oil, barrel
                      3. Oatmeal, 1 silo
                      4. Salad, bar
                      5. Day's feces to recover wasted calories

Then comes lunch...
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                        ^
                        k then. I stand corrected. I can't imagine eating that much,even when I was active.. care to post a sample menu? I'm just wondering where the cals come from.
                        I'm guessing it's a high fat/high protein diet?
                        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                          Intrigued by the concept of embracing animal fat. Care to expand on that? Ahah
                          and at hugging obese pig too.

More butter, more ghee, and, when I eat meat, I don't cut off the fat (my mother finds this scandalous and indelicate. ) Among other things, it's really helped my mood. I also had a transcendental experience with raw beef at a japanese restaurant that specializes in it...I was positively high the next day. Apparently, melancholics really benefit from B vitamins.

congrats on your eye surgery. i always really liked your glasses tho.

Faust, i just assumed you'd be vegan by now. what with the yoga and all
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                            weight matters too. im ~165lbs, 3k is cake :p
                            165 is not a lot. I was 157 at my heaviest & never ate anywhere near 3k as a regular(consistent) diet. you guys must eat a lot of fat. throughout the years I've conditioned myself to avoid ALL fats basically eating only protein and some carbs. I now try to incorporate good fats but I've been so well trained that its difficult for me to mentally adjust. the highest my cholesterol ever registered was 128 (with a good ratio) so I guess my discipline is good for something.... I have been straying recently tho... ate 1/2 cherry pie and 1/2 container of edys slow churned ice cream (low fat but damn good) last nite. not being able to work out is frustrating & depressing so I cope by eating shit.....kinda counter productive

Comment

• Jan 2011

I have to agree with OJ here. I always perform best on a once a day meal provided I am eating healthy. There was a time when I was eating a huge meal of salmon, whole grain pasta and steamed spinach or broccoli every day as my only meal of the day. My body fat was low and I was able to get consistently good workouts. I am trying a 16/8 split right now, and I'm not really enjoying it as much as my previous method.

Comment

• CDG Diffusion Line
                                • Dec 2008

daal, ghee, brown rice

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡