Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

haha, believe me man I eat like a horse. regardless of whether I do any exercise or not I still remain at a similar weight, last year I went over 3 months with next to no exercise and still remained the same. only reason I run is because I enjoy it.

Comment

• stereophobic
      • Aug 2009

I wish I had your genes, kinda.

met a guy the other day who said that the AW09 jut in size 1 is too big for him in the armpits

I lol'd because I didn't think I'd meet anyone who is slimmer than you are. he's your height too.
      An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

should have asked him if he bought it secondhand.

Comment

• stereophobic
          • Aug 2009

nah owner of Pieces/Pathway
          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

^ Keyy?

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

looking through the posts. im half-embarrassed to admit that i dont really put too much emphasis into what i eat or exercise.

i dont put too much concern into what i eat, i just eat what i want. vegetables are okay, but i dont eat much fruits. i do eat them from time to time, just not much. i dont exercise either. hahah. i get really lazy when the thought of going out for a run/swim comes to mind.

for reference, im about 178cm 60kg. yea. i dont ever put on weight. no idea why either.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                • Jan 2008

I experiment with different diets every year or so - adding or taking away different things.

After all my experimentation, I find it's smartest to concern yourself less with image, and more with "value" (ie nutrition/health). Sure, I try and keep my diet as low in fat as possible, but why? Because it keeps my sexual hormone binding globulin high, testosterone level healthy, and oestrogen sufficiently low. I've taken beer completely out of my diet, hops are proven to raise oestrogen levels in men to unhealthy levels (in men, you want high test low oest, since as we age that figure flips and we want to fight that). I also try and avoid processed sugars as much as possible, but that's mostly to prevent inflammation due to an auto-immune response in my system.

My biggest concern with health these days is inflammation and cortisol, and keeping them as low as possible. Doing so will slow the aging process, keep me happy, keep my metabolism strong and my hormones in balance. Also, the principles applying to the anti-inflammatory diet are also well observed in many of the diets you guys are talking about (not eating two hours before bed, eating right when you wake up, spreading your meals out throughout the day, etc.) but these are mostly related to keepin cortisol in order, and melatonin high.

I'm currently experimenting with removing wheat-gluten from my diet, and it's having some interesting effects. Definitely have more energy, and my chest hair and facial hair are suddenly filling in (could be coincidental though). Apparently this is potentially connected, since wheat gluten is known to block the absorption of important hair-fuelling vitamins (namely B variants) through the intestinal walls.

I've gone from soccer, to swimming, to squash, to basketball, to gymnastics - amongst martial arts such as kung-fu, judo, and capoeira. I've been a recreational and competitive mountain biker, a casual road biker, and I try and manually transport myself as much as possible (read: walk you lazy fucks ;p ).

Lately I just run, since I'm in London without a bike and it's too dangerous to bike here what with Londoners' sense of proprioception (read: their lack thereof). Cardio is extremely important, and you should try and elevate your heartrate at least thirty minutes a day - not only to keep yourself fit, but to keep yourself living longer and looking younger. Having a hit of sugar is VERY important right after a run as well - feeds your empty energy stores and muscles and prevents the buildup of cortisol.

This is all getting confusing to explain, but yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at lately. I find the not eating two hours before bed has not only helped me sleep better, but I'm losing fat stores I've had since I was a tweenager.
                —
                -

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                  when you guys gone of 6km + runs, what pace do you run at?
                  I almost never run for that long, as I favour interval training. But on the rare occasion I do, 8mph (~13km/h) is comfortable. Usually the goal is 9mph (~14.5 km/h).
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Nemesis_4
                    • Nov 2009

^yeah I'm right with you Sombre, for most of my long runs I'm right in the range of 7-9mph (usually varying my speed- constantly making my body adjust), I feel comfortable with this range but I'm definitely still pushing myself

Comment

• May 2007

Wish I lived somewhere that I could run...hate running in the streets of NYC. I switched to squash for a while and then to spinning classes for my cardio.

I spin intensively 4 times a week and work out with a trainer 2 times a week, a lot of core work and complex movements, not for bulk but for strength and mobility, though I can lift quite a lot when I do heavy days (around 90 pound dumbbell bench presses for example) Did yoga for a while but it became too much exercise for me. I also bike around the city year around.

Diet most of the time is boiled chicken with steamed veggies and brown rice (2 times a day), and an apple with low fat yogurt (2-3 times a day). A few times a week I eat whatever I want and that's usually a lot of food, somewhere around a 2000 calorie meal or more.

Exercise alone or diet alone will not work for keeping off weight in my experience. Your body slows your metabolism down if you diet so the exercise helps keep your metabolism up. I've been living with something close to this regimen for about 15 years.

Also quit drinking about 2 years ago which helps a lot in terms of both my diet and general health. My weight after I quit drinking went from around 185 to 165-170 now. Haven't smoked in many years either.

I don't consider anything I do extreme and that's probably why I've been able to maintain it more or less for as long as I have.

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

my dedication to fitness is actually becoming a problem bordering on psychosis. today I swam 40 laps, ran 4 miles, played full court for 2.5 hours and lifted for an hour. doesn't leave a lot of time.

Comment

• KodakII
                          • Sep 2008

I always end up starting some sort of workout plan, but I never stick with it. My problem is that I need to gain weight.

Comment

• sistersuzie
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                            my dedication to fitness is actually becoming a problem bordering on psychosis. today I swam 40 laps, ran 4 miles, played full court for 2.5 hours and lifted for an hour. doesn't leave a lot of time.

and i thought i was doing good with my 1,5h a day haha
                            sheep burial

Comment

• ronin
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                              I've taken beer completely out of my diet, hops are proven to raise oestrogen levels in men to unhealthy levels
                              Woah, I didn't know that. That's funny since many guys consider it to be a "men's beverage".

I don't really follow a diet, I eat cake when I want to and that's about twice a year. I basically hate fat and sugar so it's easy for me to keep a healthy, balanced diet. I don't eat a lot so I can afford higher quality food, and I enjoy cooking so I can avoid most industrial and processed food. I eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, wholegrain cereals, fish, some low-fat dairy, lean meat and nuts, red meat once a week. I drink a whole lot of green tea. It's very important to me to eat 'right', not just to look good but mostly to feel good. With the constant thought that I am what I eat, I don't want my body to be made of butter or weird artificial additives. I try my best not to skip meals because I would be easily tempted to stop eating, since I always feel like I should lose weight, but I don't want to get caught in that unhealthy system in wich I eat an apple a day and have to build all my muscles back in the end. One very unhealthy eating habit that I can't seem to get rid of is that I'm addicted to diet coke.

I train at the dojo only once a week because of my work schedule, I do basic exercices and stretching for about 30min every evening, and twice a week I add 30-45 min of blocking / attacking moves and basic qiqong. There are times when I skip this because of laziness / crazy work hours / being drunk too many nights in a row, but I quickly don't feel good so I catch on pretty quick. I find this little routine to be energizing and relaxing, even just after a few days. I hate running (bores me to death), I suck at collective sports because I didn't play them when I was a kid, I feel bad in gyms (hate the atmosphere). The only physical activities that I enjoy are martial arts, combat sports and dancing, and I enjoy them very very much. I tried out yoga once and I feel like I could like it too. And I walk a lot, fairly fast, I enjoy it. So keeping a physical activity is not a chore or constraint to me. Besides I like the idea of taking care of my muscles, putting to work the ones which don't usually work.

I limit my smoking to 3-4 cigarettes a day, parties not included. Ideally I would limit it to 2 a day, I do it about half the time. Since I haven't partied a lot lately I guess I'm rather good with smoking and drinking.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

This is the scariest thread ever

Basically I'm not doing what I'd consider as anything special.
                                Some push-ups in the morning when I can convince myself to do the effort.
                                Lots of walking - I drive only when I can't avoid it.
                                Smoking between five and ten cigarettes per day.
                                Eating fresh stuff only, lean meat, fish once a week, lots of fruits and vegetables. Cheese and bread of the best kind. Chocolate cookies made by the baker.
                                Drinking between one and two bottles of wine in a week - in one evening most of the time, to be frank. And black coffee - probably five cups a day when working - and tee, green or black, maybe half a liter a day.
                                Sleeping an awful lot, curiously.

I wouldn't say that I'm healthy though, but since I never really felt "in good shape" for various reasons - the main one being a pervasive impression of torpor - I'm not complaining that much.
                                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎