Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

[QUOTE=cjbreed;243206]give it time my friend. give it time. i too was like u once.

Im still relatively young (slowly approaching 30),but i think its in my genes. My father was and still is rather slender even at the age of 57.

Although i'm awaiting the day that i get out of bed,look in the mirror and realise that i have turned into Tony Soprano over night!
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

my before is gary coleman and my after is jessica rabbit. pictures to come soon.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

more of a dabney coleman.

i am 6'2 and when i started psoting here i was 255, 36+ waist. now, i am 215 with a 33 waist and 47.5 chest, which makes buying suits a bitch.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

ETERNAL Why this obsession with veins?
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

cutting carbs out of one's diet is a really bad idea, you're just going to feel hungry easily. type of carbs & portion size matter the most imho.

agree with kunk that timing doesn't matter so much as what you eat. a beef & vege stew with beans for example, you'd only have to eat but a handful for dinner and you'd feel satistfied. compare that to possibly an equivalent serve of meat, veges paired with jasmine rice.
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• jcotteri
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post

nobody said to do that j. that would be insane for any health conscious person to consider.
              I was trying to stem a debate but it seemed I failed.

Instead of counting calories (post fad) or carb intake (current fad) people should be concentrating on following basic rules. Eat less processed, high sugar, "snack" etc etc. and regularly exercise. This is all you need to do to not be a fatass.

Anyone wants to argue, go and run 40km every week and see what happens.

edit: This is a sweeping statement not aimed at anyone here in particular.
              Last edited by jcotteri; 06-10-2010, 09:44 PM.
              WTB: This

Comment

• laughed
                • Jul 2009

i've done pretty much every diet you can imagine (not fat though) and tried many different ways of eating. From my personal experience I find that eating healthy carbs is the best. Cereals and Breads aren't really healthy. Try greens and whatnot. It also depends on how much you workout as well. I was working out 5 days a week or so - hard, and i HAD to eat TONS of food. No matter what diet i was on, I needed junk food, I need large pizzas with extra cheese, burgers, etc. I began getting into the ultramarathon runners and their diets and i have to say - to me - those guys are awesome. Check out Dean Karnazes obviously (who is on a "neanderthal" diet) but also David Goggins. - this guy makes lance armstrong look like, well, not an athlete.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                  I was trying to stem a debate but it seemed I failed.

Instead of counting calories (post fad) or carb intake (current fad) people should be concentrating on following basic rules. Eat less processed, high sugar, "snack" etc etc. and regularly exercise. This is all you need to do to not be a fatass.

Anyone wants to argue, go and run 40km every week and see what happens.

edit: This is a sweeping statement not aimed at anyone here in particular.
                  It's really just as simple as this!

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                    ETERNAL Why this obsession with veins?
                    seriously, it's weird. I've only seen former junkies be this concerned with them. care to ellaborate?

Comment

• stereophobic
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                      seriously, it's weird. I've only seen former junkies be this concerned with them. care to ellaborate?
                      I too am interested in hearing more about this.

while I was undergoing a CT scan I've had the nurse compliment me on my "beautiful veins" when she was pumping the contrast in.

my reaction was "lol, what?"
                      An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

Eternal, start taking Nitrix and you will get more visible blood veins

Comment

• munch
                          • Aug 2008

I kinda eat like a whole family and not really healthy food, I have a tendency to make unhealthy snacks too. not processed stuff though I guess...
                          take 1 hour walks mostly every day
                          do push-ups/sit-ups at least 3 times a week
                          don't smoke. do drink coffee and occasional alcohol quite rarely, like a glass of wine for dinner or a few beers for bbq. hope the frenchies are right with that '1 glass of wine a day = healthy' thing

need to start eating healthier and probably less too. my stomach is getting upset quite easily...

I used to be almost anorectic back in prim ed. but when I started eating for reelz I kinda ate everything I could see.

I'm around 1m 78cm and 65kg's atm so yeah.. hmm.
                          used to play basketball, football, track&field, was a big fan of BMX'ing/dirtjumping with bicycles etc etc etc.

I've mostly gone unhealthy during highschool years, bleh. I know it's like "just do it!" to start doing healthy things and eating healthy but it's just so boring and my life is boring enough as it is since I graduated high school. I need to get a life

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

Acid, Bitter and Sad, would you care to elaborate a bit on your diet? You said minimal carbo and not much meat at all.
                            I eat meat / fish around twice a week, so not much either.
                            What do you eat after one of your extense runs if you're running low on carbs? I mean ... I am hungry after such a run ...

Also, what are "complex carbohydrates" If not potatoes, rice and pasta? Do you eat whole-wheat stuff the whole day - even rice? (not directed to you A,B&S for you dont eat much carbs anyway...) What are good filling side-dishes for a guy who doesn't eat much meat at all?
                            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

complex carbohydrates (or the primary sources of complex carbs) are typically whole grains: short grain brown rice, rolled oats, millet, quinoa, etc. where regular carbs give you an initial burst of energy with a quick crash complex carbs give you energy in slower steadier increments (think time release) and have less of a comedown at the end. short grain brown rice does wonders for energy, etc., but takes time to prepare properly in a pressure cooker.
                              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                                • Mar 2007

MoFiya - I eat lots of vegetables, but I also take meats, it's just that in comparison I take more vegetables. I eat quite abit of fish too (cooked and raw). Minimal carbs to me simply means that I don't take much rice or noodles. It's not mainly for losing weight because as it is I'm already doing alot of cardio work with my runs...it's just that rice/noodles gets me full easily and quick, and I'd rather allocate more of my appetite eating delicious vege/meat dishes.
                                I'm totally not into calculating my calorie intake, I wouldn't know how or where to begin honestly.
                                I simply LOVE running, and am hooked to the detoxifying experience during and after each hot yoga practice.
                                I'm usually starving after my runs, but I don't make it a point to eat anything particular mostly...i just eat what I have a craving for at that point in time.
                                There's really no structure nor any particular discipline to my eating and exercising habits.
                                Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 06-11-2010, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎