Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

Yeah, it came in handy when we laid the new floor and needed to see where to cut it.

What bulb are you getting? The estimate on a bulb from Flos is ridiculous. I have one from Osram and it works great, for like 15% of the price.

And btw.. you spilled beer on the bulb? How'd that happen?

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

nice light, bestial.

this morning, my cheap ikea coffee cup and saucer broke. i had put another saucer and cup on top and it couldn't support the weight. i ended up cleaning coffee stains on my walls this morning. i've also thrown out about 3 other cups in less than a year..

i'm done with ikea, even for basics, it's not worth the gas money to go to red hook and buy absolute crap...

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
        • Aug 2009

weird plastic rocker

Ok,
        I saw this a while ago and can't stop to think about it:

..and now i'm gonna get it.

white, shiny and weird but at the same time it pretty much works in any space. + only one is enough..
        plastic furniture seems a little stupid, but i seem to like 70's futuristic playboy aestethics.

the thing probably floats too..
        modern man

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          any idea of Jacksons' pricing, by the way?

I like some of their stuff, many of the pieces have a bit more edge/character than typical "vintage classics".
          to answer my own questions, their prices are off the fucking charts. they seem to reply on people buying the stuff as art rather than just vintage furniture.

they were charging 25k for a Kjaerholm daybed which I'm pretty sure I've seen being sold for 1/5th of the price.

the Kjaerholm desk they was actually priced on par with what they usually go for.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

Then I wasn't totally out there regarding their prices being at the wrong far end. They are located on one of the more exclusive streets in Stockholm so it isn't a surprise.

Got outbid on a Eames rocker today, and last week on a LCM, only by €5-€10, irritating.

Comment

• surver
              • Oct 2007

hans wegner valet chair

my absolute favourite chair of all time - hans wegner's valet chair, PP250; only PP Mobler still makes them. still trying to save up to finally buy one... vintage ones cost over 10k...

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                • Aug 2009

bdLove

Originally posted by Chilton0326
                That piece looks great, and hope you love it. The white color may age a little more -- that would be my only concern. Ross Lovegrove made some fluorescent "plastic" furniture for bdLove that may be of interest to you too. We own a planter/seat from that series, and it's a happy sort of scupture outside our house.
                Thanks,
                I also think that the white lacker might be a little fragile, but I'm just going to place it indoors and the black is a little too much I think.

I checked out the furniture from bdLove and definitely liking it, the planter especially.
                modern man

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by surver View Post
                  my absolute favourite chair of all time - hans wegner's valet chair, PP250; only PP Mobler still makes them. still trying to save up to finally buy one... vintage ones cost over 10k...
                  This chair beautiful...crazy price though...I think the new ones are even more than the vintage ones.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

the new ones are around 3000+/- euro ish... substantially less than the vintage ones... and i'm sure craft/material-wise also at a 'discount'... somehow things made in yesteryears have more 'heart' in them... perhaps due to the fact that if they're still around, they stood the test of time...

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

Not trying to sound like a moron, as I know nothing about furniture making, but how complicated can it really be to make such a chair?? Saw it on sale for 7k, I just think it's nuts.
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• surver
                        • Oct 2007

it's the non-tangible factors that contribute to the price...

high cost (of labour/material/everything) in northern europe

+

[the marketing values of]

heritage/history

[as we can see from the likes of louis vuitton (being perhaps the leader) how companies can charge ridiculous premiums justified by history and heritage]

+

craft; 'made-by-hand'
                        [as all we sz-ers are familiar with]

... it's not so much about the actual craft, although this particular chair does require a certain level of skill to produce due to its sculptural qualities

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

when i compare that chair to something like the superleggera; it does wipe the floor with it. I can see the appeal of that chair sitting in a stark bedroom in a corner, it is an object of beauty and consideration.

If you were to hang your perfect suit out for the next morning before you go to sleep, so when you wake up and you see it hanging on that chair you know you have reached a certain point.

Alex i think you have sold it to me, il keep the leggera's downstairs in my dining room and have a pair of those up stairs (in my dream house).

Comment

• surver
                            • Oct 2007

haha ;D one day i'll have the pp250 in my home too ;P

btw, the superleggera also happens to be one of my favourite chairs too; i happen to have a pair of vintage chrome versions in my taipei office... i don't think many were produced but found these many many years ago...

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                            when i compare that chair to something like the superleggera; it does wipe the floor with it. I can see the appeal of that chair sitting in a stark bedroom in a corner, it is an object of beauty and consideration.

If you were to hang your perfect suit out for the next morning before you go to sleep, so when you wake up and you see it hanging on that chair you know you have reached a certain point.

Alex i think you have sold it to me, il keep the leggera's downstairs in my dining room and have a pair of those up stairs (in my dream house).

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Superleggera deserves a pic just in case anyone's not familiar.

Probably my idea of perfection in a chair...I regret not getting them as my dining chairs. Lesson learned. :(

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                to answer my own questions, their prices are off the fucking charts. they seem to reply on people buying the stuff as art rather than just vintage furniture.

they were charging 25k for a Kjaerholm daybed which I'm pretty sure I've seen being sold for 1/5th of the price.

the Kjaerholm desk they was actually priced on par with what they usually go for.

but this store is really famous for finding amazing pieces of furniture. i'm no vintage furniture expert at all, but i know that a lot of furniture dealers world-wide buy from jackson's, to sell to their local markets. so i think if you get something from this shop you can be pretty sure there is some aspect about whatever you are getting which makes it unique or extremely rare - whether it's the condition it is in or something else. this is how i've understood it anyway. their pricing has nothing to do with their location in stockholm, since their market is much bigger than that city.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎