• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    both might be too traditional for my taste. I know some Wegner chairs are a bit more streamlined, will have to have a look. I guess rocking chairs are not that popular.

too bad Poul Kjaerholm never made a rocking chair, something deriving from the pk22 could've been nice.

this Panton would've made a cool rocker:
    How about one of the Emeco chairs?

Are you looking for more of a lounge chair or side chair?
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

more on the loungy side, sorry should've been more specific initially.

this is one of the few I have somewhat liked

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

magic if you've seen bottoms you like at IKEA you could always ask a woodshop for the top part. When I made my kitchen table I ordered the top from a firm that does interiors.

The PK table is made out of ash.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

more on the loungy side, sorry should've been more specific initially.

this is one of the few I have somewhat liked
          Here's another that's similar:

Various others:
          Shop Modern Rocking Chairs at Nova68. Online shopping for the Pastil/Pastilli Chair by Eero Aarnio with Free Delivery at Nova68.com.

...I like the "Spun" chair...not really a rocker, per se, but still fun. The Eero Aarnio chair is super comfortable...albeit cold on the bum.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

thomas pedersen stingray rocker in leather?

also, someone reassure me that sofa's with sectionals are stupid?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I don't necessarily think so, depends on the sofa I guess. ours is made of three part because its super long, so we wanted the option to rearrange it if we move etc. but as the pieces are back to back it looks like one big couch.

Originally posted by Dane View Post
              Here's another that's similar:
              http://twentieth.net/product_detail/12/1080
              this one is pretty cool, too bad its quite pricey.

after looking through a ton of which most don't really fit our style too well, I'm leaning more towards making one myself. I kind of want something slightly industrial looking. I'll doodle around tomorrow and see what I can come up with...
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Let us know what you come up with. I wish I had the skills to make stuff when I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

lowery when you posted this i was suprised you wern't just making one yourself as it would save you alot and it seems logical since you have made plenty in the past.

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

I don't necessarily think so, depends on the sofa I guess. ours is made of three part because its super long, so we wanted the option to rearrange it if we move etc. but as the pieces are back to back it looks like one big couch.
                    does it hug around corners or have some type of attached daybed? i feel if a single piece goes beyond seating 3, it looks like a burden in the room. i guess you really need to have a huge space for it..

sofas are such a pain in the ass to shop for. mid-range stuff looks too plain-jane and still poorly made. high-end stuff looks too silly (i don't want to sit on giant foam lips or some weird shit) and i don't want stinky-old mid-cent-mod vintage.

i want something that's grown-up, well-made, and can looks great in 10+ years. i keep going back to the goetz sofa, but there's nothing much else to choose from..

and another on my wishlist..

walnut floating ledge compact office with 1" chair..

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

chunzai

an alternative:

exquisitely crafted rare hardwood [modernized chinese] furniture from CHUNZAI...

Last edited by lowrey; 02-28-2011, 03:42 AM. Reason: please put pics on separate rows

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                        does it hug around corners or have some type of attached daybed? i feel if a single piece goes beyond seating 3, it looks like a burden in the room. i guess you really need to have a huge space for it..
                        yea its L-shaped, its something like 4 meters long and the living room is not massive, so it almost fills and entire wall. it ended up being a bit larger than we pictured, but I'm still happy with it

this is the only picture I have:

Comment

• surver
                          • Oct 2007

if anyone is looking for wallpaper:

the flamant series evoke the texture of belgian linen with a selection of beautifully subtle color tones...

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                            sofas are such a pain in the ass to shop for. mid-range stuff looks too plain-jane and still poorly made. high-end stuff looks too silly (i don't want to sit on giant foam lips or some weird shit) and i don't want stinky-old mid-cent-mod vintage.

i want something that's grown-up, well-made, and can looks great in 10+ years. i keep going back to the goetz sofa, but there's nothing much else to choose from..
                            Check out Flexform.it. If you use your imagination and think outside all the white-canvas upholstery they use in their photos, many of their sofas are beautifully made, simple, and "adult" without being boring. Comfortable too. They're hardly "affordable", but worth looking at.

Up a bit in price-point would be Maxalto.

Comment

• surver
                              • Oct 2007

flexform makes absolutely the most comfortable sofas... with the price to go with it...

however - i shouldn't be supporting this, but - there's this company that makes such good, almost exact, replicas of flexform/b&b italia/maxalto/etc that the real b&b italia actually approached them to oem their upholstered furniture for them:

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                                magic if you've seen bottoms you like at IKEA you could always ask a woodshop for the top part. When I made my kitchen table I ordered the top from a firm that does interiors.
                                thought of that actually.. but here doesnt seem to have a good quality of woods and mostly are those plywood. i like those with grain on it, but it might be quite costly though..
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎