Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mass
    • Sep 2006

watched pale flower by shinoda again yesterday. i have always forgotten how good this was. i thas always been one ofmy top 10 favorite films but sometimes i forget it even exists.

Comment

• KM80
      • Mar 2008

Hey, what is this?

Originally posted by corsair sanglot

Comment

• KM80
        • Mar 2008

And this?

Originally posted by fink View Post

i have a habit of watching the same film(s) over and over, for weeks on end.

Comment

• KM80
          • Mar 2008

Cool, thanks!

Comment

• maldoror
            • Jun 2007

The Element of Crime dir. lars von trier

von trier in dialogue with blade runner's dystopian noir.

some of the most insane hard boiled dialogue ever written, including the precoital: "I'm gonna fuck you back to the stone age"

phenomenal film.
            Last edited by maldoror; 06-28-2009, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by maldoror View Post

some of the most insane hard boiled dialogue ever written, including the precoital: "I'm gonna fuck you back to the stone age"

phenomenal film.
              I agree, I like early LVT much better than I like hes current stuff (although admittedly I haven't seen Antichrist. However, as a true parisian, I have the power to have opinions on movies I haven't seen)

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

There's going to be a biopic of Serge Gainsbourg directed by french graphic novelist Johan Sfar. Here are some pictures of it, and the resemblances are so accurate it's almost eerie

Comment

• fink
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
                  And this?
                  the elephant man (1980)
                  it's a wonderful life (1946)
                  to kill a mockingbird (1962)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by maldoror View Post

phenomenal film.
                    have never heard of this before, thanks
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• hamham3002
                      • Sep 2008

Just watched UP on saturday, and I really liked the movie.
                      then today found this new article...

Colby Curtin, a 10-year-old with a rare form of cancer, was staying alive for one thing – a movie.
                      From the minute Colby saw the previews to the Disney-Pixar movie Up, she was desperate to see it. Colby had been diagnosed with vascular cancer about three years ago, said her mother, Lisa Curtin, and at the beginning of this month it became apparent that she would die soon and was too ill to be moved to a theater to see the film.
                      After a family friend made frantic calls to Pixar to help grant Colby her dying wish, Pixar came to the rescue.
                      The company flew an employee with a DVD of Up, which is only in theaters, to the Curtins’ Huntington Beach home on June 10 for a private viewing of the movie.
                      The animated movie begins with scenes showing the evolution of a relationship between a husband and wife. After losing his wife in old age, the now grumpy man deals with his loss by attaching thousands of balloons to his house, flying into the sky, and going on an adventure with a little boy.
                      Colby died about seven hours after seeing the film.

Comment

• klangspiel
                        • Apr 2007

two of the most perfect films - innisfree and tren de sombras - that have captivated my attention and imagination lately. the 3rd film in this dvd isn't half bad either. a very charming companion piece to guerin's most well-known offering, in the city of sylvia.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Tried watching Synedoche, New York. I am done with Kafuman, I swear. It's one of those things you are supposed to like because society tells you, but I hate his self-defeating rolling in the intricacies of human misery like a pig in shit.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                            • Aug 2007

watched Der todesking again the other day, definitely my favorite by Buttgereit.

Looking forward to James Cameron's Avatar, I hate his fucking movies but technically it's supposed to be the next big thing, he even collaborated to create the pace fusion 3d camera for this project.

Alex Jodorowsky is supposed to be filming King shot in Spain, I just hope it's not another Dune or Sons of el topo.

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                              Alex Jodorowsky is supposed to be filming King shot in Spain, I just hope it's not another Dune or Sons of el topo.
                              I heard that Sons of El Topo was just jodorowsky trying to raise money for King Shot - from what I read he never really intended on producing it but thought he could raise capital better for a sequel than a new project. I imagine you'd know better than I, though!

I was at the Gnomon Workshop up in Los Angeles with my father this weekend and there was some discussion of the Avatar project by some people from Stan Winston and they didn't sound too enthusiastic (but they didn't sound too enthused about much of anything, really).
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Alesha
                                • Apr 2009

Seventh Seal by I. Bergman.

Perhaps one of my all time favorites:

Originally posted by interest1
                                I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎