X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

also

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

Servo i think you should go for working in films, you got an interesting perspective

and if one day we're both at the crossroads, the existential Tobey Maguire living in Suburban and Academic Ennui offer is always on the table.

edit, inspired by the pic above, the title of that DTBA project will be: "Deliver Me From Satan"
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• DamageX
        • Dec 2008

The Road

Just saw The Road, they did a pretty good job translating the book, however, some of my favorite parts of the book were left out or shortened.

Definitely something to see if you've read the book though.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

WTF, where did you see that? Don't tell me it was part of the tribeca film festival and I missed it?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bosozoku
            • Sep 2008

Tropa de elite --- your fair share of Brazilian favela gangsta life, this time seen from the perspective of a special squad member.

Memorable? NO, entertaining? Yeah

Comment

• Jorge Hache
              • Sep 2006

Comment

• polishmike
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                WTF, where did you see that? Don't tell me it was part of the tribeca film festival and I missed it?
                I know there are screenings in ny cause I was invited to one (didn't go, couldn't get off work). I heard mixed reviews, but I guess we'll find out soon.

I'm going to see The Limits of Control tomorrow. Should be interesting to see Jarmusch and Christopher Doyle work together.

Servo, I really Like James Dickey so I saw Deliverance few times. I know someone who was working on making To the White Sea into a movie, but I think it's on hold. Would love to see it happen, since I love the book.

Comment

• mamaboy
                  • Mar 2008

viridiana at film forum ......i loved it......kinda sick
                  but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Wild Strawberries - Bergman. I liked. I must admit though it's hard to watch a lot of the classic films for me, because I have to keep reminding myself that this was done in the 50s, etc. Requires patience.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

Query for the film nuts -

my 2D teacher pulled a last-minute change on me and has decided I need the rest of this series ( a series of gouache portraits) due more-or-less on Wednesday) now needs to pull from film quite exactly. For the nature of the work I'm looking for things which feature the actor (especially the face and preferably female) prominently most likely alone in their environments. B+W preferred - so far The Third Man sprung to mind as having some iconic shots of character / environment but seeing if you guys have any suggestions. It's not too difficult to fake and maneuver reference obviously so even if it's not perfect I'd much appreciate it but the closer the better.

Thanks!
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

the walkabout would have a lot of good ones, but it's color. antonioni films like l'eclisse, l'avventura and red desert would also have a lot of good shots.

Comment

• Classique
                          • Apr 2008

Giulietta Masina on "La Strada," and "Nights of Cabiria."

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch...probably the best (of the relatively few) Western genre film I've ever seen. A man's movie, if there ever was such a thing, and not even in terms of the violence...

i love that scene where william holden tells his crew that "these are men" they're after. make sure to see bring me the head of alfredo garcia also. the shootout at the end of that film almost rivals the one in wild bunch. both films are at the top of my all-time list and bloody sam is my favorite filmmaker.
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Pronto
                              • Dec 2008

I have a love and hate relationship with Mr. Lynch, this is the love.

Comment

• KM80
                                • Mar 2008

I was on the fence with this one, but I liked the ending and oldschool Vancouver was cool to see.

Originally posted by corsair sanglot

i love linda manz.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎