X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Re: why so serious?

saw it last night and it was great. Heath was quite fantastic. all of the facial tick things he did were awesome.
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

Saw Dark Knight today. IMAX. Definitely a 'war on terror' allegory that makes a compelling case for some of the current administration's more dubious and controversial policies. But lots of fun and Heath was great with all the tongue clicking.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

i went too. i liked it a lot, ledger made the whole film. such a tragedy, he would've been hollywood royalty.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]i went too. i liked it a lot, ledger made the whole film. such a tragedy, he would've been hollywood royalty.
          [/quote]</p>

totally agreed. [64] Heath.
          </p>

Comment

• Re: why so serious?

i am curious about the effect of ledger's death on moviegoers. i saw this movie on opening weekend, and there were patrons who stood up and cheered for his opening scene, who i would wager did not have the same reaction for his role in brokeback. are celebrities less fallible in death? was the joker that amazing of a role? if so, is the performance so immediately recognizable as masterful, or is the hype itself a factor of his death? is jeremy blake selling for millions now?

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

No one stood up or clapped where I saw it. I really thought that he was that good in his role, death aside. I was comparing Heath's joker to other villain roles, and other batman movies in my mind and felt like he really did an incredible job. I am sure that the hype does and will have some effect on viewing but I honestly did not think about that while I was watching. I was so captivated by the characters that I was not thinking about reality.</p>

My guess is that he will be nominated for an oscar and will win, because he did a great job and it will be a means to honor him.
              </p>

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                • Jan 2008

In 1993 a danish film director with the name Søren Fauli made the film "De Skrigende Halse", which has a similar scenario:</p>

Copenhagen 1984. Ronni is a young, mediocre punk-guitarist, eager to make it big in the death obsessed late-punk milieu. But his girlfriend has left him, the other members of his band are fed up with his incompetence and insecure attitude, he has a problem with his stomach, his doctor wants to abuse him sexually and the former manager of the band thinks Ronni owes him some money. It seems to reach an ultimate low, when Ronni collapses onstage during an all-important concert, but it turns out to be his ticket to glory as he claims to be mortally ill.</p>

Riders of Depression ...</p>

[8-|]</p>

</p>

</p>
                Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

[quote user="xadam"]is jeremy blake selling for millions now?
                  [/quote]</p>

at least the circumstances of blake's death have some interest in their own right. whereas heath's OD? [|-)] </p>

. . . am I going to hell?
                  </p>

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

actually the rumor is through a credible source that heath was doing loads of coke that night and had been for awhile. obviously you dont od on downers but the combo. so it was some sort of coverup to keep his credibility.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Watched The Crow (again) - was interesting to see it on the heels of Batman. </p>

</p>

As far as Heath's death - I have to echo Kira here.</p>
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="xadam"]i am curious about the effect of ledger's death on moviegoers. i saw this movie on opening weekend, and there were patrons who stood up and cheered for his opening scene, who i would wager did not have the same reaction for his role in brokeback. are celebrities less fallible in death? was the joker that amazing of a role? if so, is the performance so immediately recognizable as masterful, or is the hype itself a factor of his death? is jeremy blake selling for millions now?
                        [/quote]</p>

check the auctions for steven parrino. shits close to one million now. couldn't give it away for the price of a ccp leather 3 years ago. i'm not aware of blake blowing up but his primary output was video, which doesn't get em going like the paint. </p>

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

[quote user="kira"]

No one stood up or clapped where I saw it. I really thought that he was that good in his role, death aside. I was comparing Heath's joker to other villain roles, and other batman movies in my mind and felt like he really did an incredible job. I am sure that the hype does and will have some effect on viewing but I honestly did not think about that while I was watching. I was so captivated by the characters that I was not thinking about reality.</p>

My guess is that he will be nominated for an oscar and will win, because he did a great job and it will be a means to honor him.
                          </p>

[/quote]</p>

didn't you see it 2 weeks after it opened [8-|]</p>

Comment

• B.S
                            • Nov 2007

am i the only one who didnt love this movie? i agree, Heath Ledger's Joker is a great character,and yeh, its still the best super hero-movie pr today, but didn't you feel that in some of the scenes, there's so much action and special effects going on, you loose track of the story? the fact that its rated as number one at imdb, before the godfather, shawshank redemption, and pulp fiction, is quite ridicilous imo. </P>

i'm a little torn when it comes to Heath Ledger's potential Oscar. he deserves it, but to me, it feels a little weird to give the prize to a dead man. plus it will probably start several discussions about whether he actually deserves it vs getting it cause he died. discussions like that will probably upset his family more, than not getting an Oscar. </P>

Comment

• B.S
                              • Nov 2007

i btw found the crow, when i saw it two years ago, to be a shitty movie. esp some of the final scenes, where they run around in a church (or something), and the crow suddenly, out of the blue, looses his super-powers and get shot. uhh. never got the bird-deal either. maybe superheroes just aint my thing.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="B.S"]

am i the only one who didnt love this movie? i agree, Heath Ledger's Joker is a great character,and yeh, its still the best super hero-movie pr today, but didn't you feel that in some of the scenes, there's so much action and special effects going on, you loose track of the story? the fact that its rated as number one at imdb, before the godfather, shawshank redemption, and pulp fiction, is quite ridicilous imo. </p>

i'm a little torn when it comes to Heath Ledger's potential Oscar. he deserves it, but to me, it feels a little weird to give the prize to a dead man. plus it will probably start several discussions about whether he actually deserves it vs getting it cause he died. discussions like that will probably upset his family more, than not getting an Oscar. </p>

[/quote]</p>

i left the film and had no idea what happened. there's a few critics who felt like this...remember cillian murphys scarecrow cameo. wtf? the chase scenes made no sense, the xray scan technology, wtf? i have to see it again.....</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎