• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

LOST

season finale of LOST...wow.[:O]
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

Re: LOST

revisited Blue Velvet a few nights ago after many years, i think i was able to appreciate much more this time around. The art and costume direction of this movie was fantastic - particularly was impressed at how well dressed Booth and his gang were. The joy ride scene in particular was very well done and surreal. As were the subtle hints of humor and distortion of American picket fence values...one thing i thought was interesting was how the movie took place in what essentially seems to be a cartoon image of America like the kind you see in comics like Blondie. There was no hint of what era the movie took place in - parts of it looked 80s, others 50s, and all the locales the film took place in looked so much like flat middle America. Rossellini and Hopper made the movie i think, the way they were able to tap into such low depths of humanity - even though on opposite ends of the spectrum - was nothing short of magnificent. Probably one of my favorite movies ever.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ funny, i just watched mullholand drive on the plane back from Belgium. God, the women he picks. [64]
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

^indeed. mullholland drive very good.</P>

saw In Bruges last night...brilliant. most enjoyable hour and half or so at the pics for ages, particularly since the night before i went to seeIndy :(. </P>

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

saw In Bruges last night...brilliant. most enjoyable hour and half or so at the pics for ages, particularly since the night before i went to see Indy :(. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Agreed. I don't remember whether or not I mentioned it here when I went to see it, but it's highly recommended. The trailers made it look like some insipid buddy comedy so I was left reeling at how good it was considering my astoundingly low expectations. </p>
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

All this Lynch talk made me watch eraserhead again last night, I think the perfect moment to digest this, is when your wife is expecting beautiful!.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                • Jan 2008

Rosas danst Rosas dir. Thierry De Mey(1997)
                Based on the Choreography by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker

Music by Peter Vermeersch and Thierry De Mey</p>

[51]
                </p>
                Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• B.S
                  • Nov 2007

doublepostnevermind</P>

Comment

• B.S
                    • Nov 2007

together with Scorscese and Tarantino (and maybe sofia coppola), David Lynch is my fav director. Mulholland Drive is an excellent movie, but Twin Peaks is imo his best work. though it isnt really a movie... </P>

Comment

• Diego
                      • Aug 2007

Received an amazon shipment yesterday, contains Marker's criterion la jetee/sans soleil and Jodorowsky's holy mountain, It's been years since I watched these, will watch them tonight. Last night I saw bladerunner (my favorite movie) for the 1000th time maybe but in blu-ray, together with the 3:30 hour documentary, lovely stuff.

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

watched la jetee not so long ago- really quite nice. and bladerunner again as well- i think in the same evening, if not a day or so after...[^o)]

Comment

• huskiesonice
                          • Mar 2008

La Jetee is fascinating, in the context of what came later (Terminator for one) it's a real ground breaker. Enjoy it.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Watched Head-On again last night. I believe it flew under the radar for most people, but I think it's one of the most powerful films of the last several years. Highly recommended.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

The new Indian Jones at the theater then came home to:</p>

[79] Pretty Woman [79] I [64] it and watch it every time it is on the television. I am a sucker for 80's/90's romance movies...</p>

EDIT: It's on 2x in a row...[74] One of my favorite scenes is when they go to dinner for the first time and she is figuring out how to pick up and eat the escargot and flings it across the room. She says "slippery little suckers." It just makes me crack up. [86]
                              </p>

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

I didn't really like Donnie Darko so I don't know know why I bothered renting Southland Tales. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it.
                                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎