• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by note View Post
    Checked out Matteo Garrone's Gomorra the other night. Interesting look into Italy's criminal underworld through a few unrelated plots and characters. The film does drag on at points, but it's still worth a view.
    I was thinking to go see it as well.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by swami View Post
      Wow this sounds great, Do you keep a seperate Region free Dvd player? Even though the styles are probably entirely opposite I love Gabriele Muccino,s 3 films.

Watched BODY OF LIES and thought it was highly underrated. It probably also has to do with the touchy issues of terrorism and the middle east But a interesting look into the CIA,s covert operations in Iraq etc. While its no SYRIANA good movie nonetheless. And damn can LEO bring it !!!
      While I just can't see Decaprio in action films (I'm sorry, he just doesn't have it in him - it's like putting Johnny Depp in a Vietnamese jungle with a machine gun), I thought this was good. Ridley Scott is my go-to man for action movies. He strikes a fine balance between entertainment and good film-making.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I was thinking to go see it as well.
        Gomorra is great, definitely watch it.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• destroyed
          • Nov 2006

^ word to our mothers. begotten is on google video in its entirety. i will get around to it!
          broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• note
            • Dec 2008

Watched Gus Van Sant's Mala Noche for the first time ... I have mixed feelings about it. Enjoyed the settings and lighting styles, but something about the characters didn't do it for me.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

Dobermann dir. Jan Kounen(1997)

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Diego
                • Aug 2007

^I love Kounen, his short films are great. Bought his shamanism documentary "Other worlds" some time ago and plan to watch it soon.

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

picnic at hanging rock

amazing movie, perfect soundtrack.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                    ^I love Kounen, his short films are great. Bought his shamanism documentary "Other worlds" some time ago and plan to watch it soon.
                    Did you see Blueberry? The movie he made after his shamanism trip. I'm surprised getting intense likes Dobermann as it's a very crass and mildly offensive piece of trash cinema. I sorta like it too but it's definitely not a great film. The french DVD is a beautiful release though and contains some of his short films.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      Did you see Blueberry? The movie he made after his shamanism trip. I'm surprised getting intense likes Dobermann as it's a very crass and mildly offensive piece of trash cinema. I sorta like it too but it's definitely not a great film. The french DVD is a beautiful release though and contains some of his short films.
                      Is that my new name?

Crass and slightly offensive, yes, but I think the physicality of its
                      visual makes it a compelling film.

Tchéky Karyo embodiment of the sadistic cop Christini brings
                      thoughts back on Dennis Hopper's Frank in Blue Velvet.

Manhattan Woody Allen(1979)

I finally had an orgasm, and my doctor said it was the wrong kind.

You had the wrong kind? I’ve never had the wrong kind, ever. My worst one was right on the money.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Kingdavid
                        • Jan 2009

I just watched the newly released (in US) DVD of Dario Argento's "Four Flies On Grey Velvet". I had a pretty bad bootleg copy of it and it was great to finally see it clearly. As with all Argento films, the storyline is pretty half-baked, but visually the film is stunning. The soundtrack on this one is exceptionally good - Ennio Morricone and some really cool 70s funk/jazz, almost kind of prog-ish. I think "Suspiria" will always be my favorite but if you're a fan and haven't seen this, I would recommend it.

Comment

• Kingdavid
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                          picnic at hanging rock

I agree. This reminds me that I haven't seen it for several years and need to revisit.

Comment

• Diego
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            I did see blueberry and actually worked on it, it was filmed here in Mexico, we constructed sets for them. I loved Nagata's photography but not a fan of the rest. Dobermann looks good but that's about it. I like his shorts... Vibroboy, gisele kerozene and Le dernier chaperon rouge, all come in the French black DVD you mention.

Comment

• endtroducing
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                              picnic at hanging rock

^ Hear here!
                              The photography alone makes it worth a watch. Such a beautiful, haunting film. Has anyone here seen The Spirit of the Beehive? I feel as though it possesses the same qualities as Picnic at Hanging Rock but communicates the dark, fantastic unknown much more clearly. Cheers.
                              m.
                              Last edited by endtroducing; 03-19-2009, 09:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to Quote

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                                I did see blueberry and actually worked on it, it was filmed here in Mexico, we constructed sets for them. I loved Nagata's photography but not a fan of the rest. Dobermann looks good but that's about it. I like his shorts... Vibroboy, gisele kerozene and Le dernier chaperon rouge, all come in the French black DVD you mention.
                                Nice to know, what's your take on his documentary, I might watch it soon.

Recently saw:
                                Captain Alatriste
                                Inju (sorta like a Rampo Edogawa story)
                                Les insoumis

Soon to watch:
                                Estomago
                                Derrida

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎