• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wearing my nun beanie today. Makes me feel so pure and innocent *v*

Comment

• JCastor
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      whats the opinion on the full grain lamb leather this season? what does "full grain" refer to? looked nice in pics. textured.
      picked up this past season's mollino in the 'full grain' lamb. it feels great and to me is a successful leather, especially for FW. the blistered feels more SS to me. the sizing, however, did seem a bit different to other dick jackets so it fits a bit larger than normal.

Comment

• docus
        • Dec 2010

I recently got myself a Rock Owens jacket, my first ever RO, but certainly not my last.

It's a sample from the Strutter collection and it's a thing of beauty - it's made from thicker, stiffer leather than most RO's, with a stunning grain and texture, and it makes me feel bulletproof when it's on! It's a size Small, roughly a 46. Only problem is that it's a fraction too small for me - I could probably do with a Medium next time. But I love this jacket!!!

I'll post some fit pics when I get time.
        Last edited by docus; 12-29-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

anyone know the official name of the leather with the side zip that gareth pugh has been spotted wearing on several occasions. i'll dig up some pics of it when i have some time if nobody knows what i'm talking about.
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

it's the women's biker, has wool inserts along the inner sleeves

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

why Rick doesn't do a men's version of that jacket is beyond me. I'd kop.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

^yes, or the wool high collar/xxx reminiscent one from this past season. IIRC, in japan, they do sell a men's evrsion of the gareth one but I have never seen it in europe or here.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

The other Will told me that the wool inserts looked very feminine. But there must be a workaround.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

i actually don't find the inserts that feminine in and of themselves but they do create a skin tight appearance on the arms which isn't very rick. my friend bought a women's 46 and while ro stuff is typically beyond male/female IMO, it looked like he was cross-dressing, not that there's anything wrong with that. I will say I will be very surprised to not see that type of turtle collar effect on new leathers if he moves beyond the classic styles next season.

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

the two tone pilot i owned had wool inserts in the arms--- too slim and femme imo

here is a pick of the jacket, it's not the women's biker that he also wears, this one is different and it is mens

calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• vznheir
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                        anyone know the official name of the leather with the side zip that gareth pugh has been spotted wearing on several occasions. i'll dig up some pics of it when i have some time if nobody knows what i'm talking about.
                        its called the space jacket. i have both the jacket and gilet. i love their simplicity & impeccable fit...

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

anyone have this season's combats? trying to determine if a 45 will fit.

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by vznheir View Post
                            its called the space jacket. i have both the jacket and gilet. i love their simplicity & impeccable fit...
                            thanks! had a really hard time finding out the name for this one haha

i know this isn't "help finding" but if anyone has one in s or maybe even xs, hit me up!

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

just checked out the s/s version of the showtek, incredible jacket but fitting very very tight. nice full-grain pebbled leather

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

^
                                oh yes, that's definitely on the list although it's pretty substantial for a summer leather.
                                Even better than the fw one due to the fact that the stiffer leather allows more molding.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎