X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vznheir
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    anyway, back to regularly scheduled programming.

On the runway, I was not a fan of anthem but from what i've seen, I at least think it is his best s/s effort in a while. it's rather surprising that the runway was a lot of shorts and silly fred flintstone tanks but on the rack, there are some nice details, some advancements of the leather outerwear and some maybe ill-executed but ambitious lighter and airy takes on his recent tailoring efforts. would still like to see some more variety from season to season.
    creatch is still the one to beat in as far as s/s collections are concerned imho...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

wholly agree with the above statement but i think this is easily the best ss collection since creatch. echoing kunk i wasn't impressed with the runway show but the actual pieces on the rack are phenomenal. the leather and fabric quality is phenomenal from what i've handled thus far.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

i get why people mite dislike ss11 based on runway but i actually really fuckin liked it . i read complaints like its too similar to ss10 or its still so sporty or what a change from fw10 , etc and id agree theres a bit of truth to all that but when i looked at it i thought it was very different from last summer and much better . anthem is so much fuckin cleaner and a lil more elegant ( i hate usin that word here for some reason ) .
        even tho i still think julius ss11 was a better collection overall i still see myself wearin more pieces from anthem ALOT more frequently thru the course of the year . the clothes are somewhat more basic in comparison but i like that quality in this case . its easier to wear specially when its ball soup hot outside and yet it still stands out becos of the cuts / textiles / and black n white colors which i love
        Last edited by jogu; 01-09-2011, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• move_ment
          • Feb 2009

ANTHEM images up on the mobileme gallery

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

^it is available in a much nicer leather as well.

I dunno, something about his s/s collections always feel trashy to me beyond his normal level of trashy

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

agreed, that glossy finish looks quite tacky

on another note, how receptive are rick owens stores to repairs on leathers? has any one sent anything in for repair, and how much do they charge (tears in armpits..)
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

i dunno that ro ny would be my go to place for leather repair.

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

hmmmm not rly diggin alot of those fits . idk if its the model or what . however im likin the cut of most of the shorts and the bootcuts

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

What other leather options are there for the showtek?
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Originally posted by jogu View Post
                      i get why people mite dislike ss11 based on runway but i actually really fuckin liked it . i read complaints like its too similar to ss10 or its still so sporty or what a change from fw10 , etc and id agree theres a bit of truth to all that but when i looked at it i thought it was very different from last summer and much better . anthem is so much fuckin cleaner and a lil more elegant ( i hate usin that word here for some reason ) .
                      even tho i still think julius ss11 was a better collection overall i still see myself wearin more pieces from anthem ALOT more frequently thru the course of the year . the clothes are somewhat more basic in comparison but i like that quality in this case . its easier to wear specially when its ball soup hot outside and yet it still stands out becos of the cuts / textiles / and black n white colors which i love
                      the whole collection oozed jogu, in proportions and cuts. you could rock all of it.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

I echo the sentiments, didn't like it on the runway with very few exceptions. Love most of it in the store. Even the shinier leathers, I really like this combination of the rigid leather with softer contrasts.
                        I guess those short-sleeved coats didn't make it to production?
                        And yes, it's very Jogu.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

haha thx heirloom .
                          man what a bummer if that short sleeved safari didnt make it to production that was one of the things i wanted badly . i still hope itll show up in a few mos . unfortunately i havent seen any of the new shit in person yet . i mite stop by barneys this week but i been mad lazy

Comment

• ES3K
                            • Oct 2008

/\ aren't you talking about this?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

^ that's what I thought as well.
                              TBH, to me the Safari jacket kind of says leather pensioner. Not for me (as I am approaching retirement age).
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• jogu
                                • Jun 2009

This one
                                Last edited by jogu; 01-11-2011, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎