Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eat me
    • May 2009

I have a feeling I'm going to be a bit depressed today. Just because Rick does a lot of the stuff I want to do. Only he has the means. And he does it fantastically good, too.

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

I sometimes think between Ricky, Gareth and Tatsuro there's not much left to explore if you're like me and like skinny silhouettes, draping, certain simplicity and geometric forms of garments.

Comment

• morsto
        • Nov 2008

Я хотел бы говорить на русском
        I do not recognise the vessel,
        but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• move_ment
          • Feb 2009

FW 11/12

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

wow , fucking perfect ..

thx for that link mvment !

edit : i just fuckin cannot get over how gotdam fuckin perfect this collection is

Comment

• premierminister
              • Jul 2008

Nice boots with tornado zipper!

And overall VERY nice.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

i really like. those toggles are nuts. not what i'd expect. the fabrics and construction appear amazing in the close-ups.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

part of why this one appeals to me so much is that from what i can see its not dominated by leather jackets . and love the regular shoulders on the blazers instead of the franknstein ones

edit : hahaa the shiny long dogtags do seem kinda outta place

Comment

• ES3K
                    • Oct 2008

move_ment, thanks for the link - excellent website I wasn't aware of before!

Collection, I don't know. First impression: I miss purity, some looks even remind me of Moncler Gamme Bleu, or Prorsum, with a Rick twist.

Like the Flock of Seagulls haircuts.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                      • Jan 2010

This. I like.

I went through the collection 5 times thinking - "This is so great"

Part of what I like is the move from all the drapery to more structured pieces, and like jogu said, its not dominated by leather. The boots are great too. But I wonder if they actually used any DRKSHDW for the runway as everything was quite expensive looking. Felt like there was a bit too much skirts though. It's really nice, I like it, and the front zip boots along with some tops and the coat above is definitely going on my kop list, if God permits.
                      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

I don't see how any serious ro fan wouldn't love this. Feels like the volume of dustulator with the more refined tailoring of crust and gleam. Seems he has maintained his vision while literally stripping away some of the layers.

Comment

• eat me
                          • May 2009

Phew, I'm safe. Fantastic stuff though, I love the boots (wonder about their quality), lovely simple coats, typical boxy layering. All in all - really well done. Not pushed the boundaries here anywhere (like womens SS with the dresses), but a solid collection that's going to fly off the hangers.

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
                            But I wonder if they actually used any DRKSHDW for the runway as everything was quite expensive looking
                            the short jacket in #16 looks like its denim

agree with kunk and eternal also , one of tha 1st things i thought was fw06 but muuuuuch more refined and focused

Comment

• eat me
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by merz
                              ещё (уже?) не вечер, товарищ полковник..
                              merz, знаешь как себя странно чувствуешь когда работаешь над чем-то несколько лет, а потом видишь что-то очень похожее на подиуме и все сходят с ума. Страшно оказаться в конце концов с коллекцией о которой люди будут отзываться в основном в духе "oh, it's like Rick Owens". Я рисовал похожим силуэты и идеи задолго до того как я увидел первые коллекции Рика, и поэтому я его люблю, но при этом опасаюсь :).

Сегодня правда особых поводов переживать не нашлось.

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by merz
                                multiple simultaneous discovery is a very common scientific phenomenon. sort of makes sense with this venue's name having 'zeitgeist' in it, and all..

but yeah, totally with you on that.
                                yeah, differential calculus or computable functions are classic examples of this phenomenon. I kind of remember that simultaneous discoveries have a technical name, but can't find it anymore...
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎