Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

Just saw your recent purchase, those /\ bracelets are probably great for spooling the fishing line... :)

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

moved to RO trainers thread..

Comment

• SVRulez
        • Feb 2009

Does anyone have some info on the way Rick works with assistents ?
        I remember having read he doesn't particularly care for men's jewellery but still there are some bracelets in the new S/S collection. So someone other than him probably designed that.
        I know Alice Lemoine did some knitwear for him and now has her own collection at Colette for example. I suppose Gareth Pugh has had some influence as well, seeing some of his typical patterns in last season's denim outerwear.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

AFAIK, there is an assistant for each subdivision.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

I think the bracelets from last season looked particularly like the rest of what I would consider to be his 'vision' or 'aesthetic.' I can't say whether or not it was designed by someone else but keep in mind that Rick also designs furniture and other non-fabric work so it certainly wouldn't be beyond his scope to design some bracelets or other jewelry.

I'd never wear any of it but I think it works well with the rest of the line, especially in the scope of the presentation with the rest of the line on the runway.

Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

definitely adds a touch to the more basic looks on the runway presentation, but i agree, it's not practical to wear in real life.
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

I can't imagine seeing this in real life out in the wild. There was also the claw bracelet from AW09 that was a little more wearable.

Again, interesting addition to the presentation but over the top. Maybe that's the point. More of a theatrical showpiece or objet d'art.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

^ I actually think this is more wearable than the resin claw. I love mine but because it's so rigid it's more of a weapon than an accessory. This looks like a weapon but it's probably way less painful irl.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

The first thing that struck me was that it would interfere with things as simple as swinging your arms when you walk, typing, signing your name, etc. That's the main reason I felt like it looked more like a theatrical piece than something that's practical.

But I should know better than to consider practicality from Rick at this point. Aesthetically I do think it's cool...too much for me but if I saw someone wearing it in the wild I'd be pretty excited.

I think the best part is that it gives a hard edge to a lot of the softer materials and lines from the past season. Basically says, "yeah, you can see my nipples and I'm basically wearing a skirt but back the fuck up because I can slash your throat in one swift movement."

But I see these as being directly designed by Rick himself, taking note of some of his furniture and women's shoe design. I don't imagine someone else would handle accessories for him but who's to say?

Comment

• SVRulez
                      • Feb 2009

I just like to think that he isn't always responsible for some stuff that is out there (drkshdw logo tee comes to mind). Or is it naive to assume he doesn't always have the last say in everything? After all, four collections per year + furniture + collabs etc. seems like quite a bit of work. And I suppose his investors like to see some financial return as well.
                      Rick knows of this forum, so why can't he register and tell us .

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by SVRulez View Post
                        I just like to think that he isn't always responsible for some stuff that is out there (drkshdw logo tee comes to mind). Or is it naive to assume he doesn't always have the last say in everything? After all, four collections per year + furniture + collabs etc. seems like quite a bit of work. And I suppose his investors like to see some financial return as well.
                        Rick knows of this forum, so why can't he register and tell us .
                        And ruin the myth?? If there's one thing rick does better than anyone it's creating a myth around his work. I'm a firm believer and I call bullshit on everything. He's too smart to be that dumb.

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

Dude, you won't last long if you keep on speed posting like this... Gosh you must have got your 30 posts within 5minutes posting in almost every thread here...really, STOP in the name of Faust or he will ban you whe he wakes up in Paris,,,

Originally posted by xxdeucexx
                          New here, just wanna say I love Rick Owens. Some of the diffusion line items are questionable but overall, I wouldn't mind wearing Rick Owens head to toe if I could afford it.
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• XSKY
                            • Jun 2008

I just wanna say I love nice clothes too!

Originally posted by xxdeucexx
                            New here, just wanna say I love Rick Owens. Some of the diffusion line items are questionable but overall, I wouldn't mind wearing Rick Owens head to toe if I could afford it.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            snafu, you are such a kunktease.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                              Dude, you won't last long if you keep on speed posting like this... Gosh you must have got your 30 posts within 5minutes posting in almost every thread here...really, STOP in the name of Faust or he will ban you whe he wakes up in Paris,,,
                              maybe he needs to sell something and he's trying to get get 100 post in one day. That would be a record... just in time to get banned i guess.

Comment

• trentk
                                • Oct 2010

Rick Owens show is in 3.5hrs..... is there a live stream anywhere?
                                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎