Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
          They both look "good", but very "high fashion editorial"
          thats just Frol's naturally "high fashion" look

I actually like both the models and how the clothes look here
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• christianef
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
            The clothes look great, but I donĀ“t really like the model choice of either female or male. Is every male model having that haircut right now?They both look "good", but very "high fashion editorial", but this line is based on a wider market, so might not be a wrong choice.
            i believe the correct industry slang is `the ledger.`

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

Let me get this straight: is DRKSHDW a diffusion line, or is it just Rick's complement of denim?

I almost like those white sneakers, mainly for their fleshy fin shape at the ankle, but under jeans they'd just look like some regular, silly distressed sneaker.

Some of these designs are quite nice, but really, there must be better alternatives, and the appeal of DD comes from his mainline for me, with all of his very original looks and shapes. Maybe I'm a little disappointed because now everybody and his sister is going to be wearing Damir Doma, but then again, you know he was going to trickle down eventually, and at least this way he's somewhat involved, and not being ripped off by H&M or something (biting my tongue).. Guess this is for kids and boutiques who want the Damir look on the cheap.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

I think you're over-estimating the reach and general appeal of Damir Doma.
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• christianef
                  • Feb 2009

yeah, i see far less people in ro lillies than ro or raf by raf than raf. im sure there will be a market for this toned down version, but i dont think it will by any means overshadow the mainline.

Comment

• metin
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                    Let me get this straight: is DRKSHDW a diffusion line, or is it just Rick's complement of denim?
                    Technically you can call DRKSHDW diffusion since it is at a lower price point than mainline, but I think Rick has always envisioned DRKSHDW and Lilies as part of the same visual narrative, just manifested in different fabrics. I mean, usually a lot of the shapes and techniques that appear in the mainline usually show up in the other lines and I feel like that a lot of the DRKSHDW pieces do wind up being worked into the runway shows (especially for men).

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                      I think you're over-estimating the reach and general appeal of Damir Doma.
                      You are right, I guess I should have specified that I intended to remark on the indirect influence high fashion has on streetwear and the like.

Comment

• KM80
                        • Mar 2008

I wouldn't mind grabbing one or two of the beanies, they look nice and light weight for summer.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Z_ZducwbQ

Comment

• Prototypes
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
                            I wouldn't mind grabbing one or two of the beanies, they look nice and light weight for summer.
                            i did try on the beanie before. i have a fairly small head (57cm) and it was hard for it to sit properly on my head. so i wouldnt recommend it to anyone who has a much bigger head like 7 5/8 onwards thou.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Every single diffusion line I have seen in my life is there without a doubt to capitalize on a designer's name and not to introduce a new concept. It is done with poor materials and the profit margins are most probably much higher than those of main lines.
                              While that may be true for 80% of the cases, from Ittierre (D&G, Just Cavalli, Galliano etc.) or .sinv (McQ, See by ChloƩ, Coming Soon by Yohji), there actually have been a few designers that have issued quite promising diffusion concepts in the past that unfortunately are all pretty much gone by now - Helmut Lang Jeans, Margiela's Line 6 or Junior Gaultier. Jens Laugesen also had a pretty damn good secondary line called 'Generic_Sens' that was marketed mostly in Japan, from which pieces ocassionally pop up on Yahoo Japan's auction page.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Second, do we really need Damir or any other talented designer to make jeans and tshirts? Really?
                              That depends really on the designer's aesthetic, doesn't it? For some people like Helmut Lang, Hedi Slimane, Jil Sander or Raf Simons, it's all about a wardrobe of essential basics or staple pieces such as Parkas, Tank Tops, Jeans, T-Shirts or a stripped-down trainer. Look at what potential J+ opened last year - There's terrific pieces to find with Jil Sander's Uniqlo collaboration, beautiful shirting with great, tight stitchwork, the just-right sports jacket in wool coating or tech nylon or a well-cut pair of pants (not digging the jeans, though...). There was something about Helmut's or Hedi's jeans that made them cooler than just a pair of classic Levi's and I do think it would be a nice guesture (and quite a challenge) if designers would try their hands also at pieces that don't necessarily fulfill the luxe-criteria of their mainline oeuvre but that is still clearly bearing their signature within the boundaries of an accessible pricepoint - Especially with someone like Damir whose prices are continuously rising upwards from season to season.

Comment

• KM80
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                                But I need something to keep my hair out of my face while I'm rollerblading in my speedo at the beach.

Thanks for the heads up Prototypes!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎