X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MR27
    • Oct 2009

silent

I think the idea behind Silent is very good.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

/\

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
      ^ Best be careful with the rate of your inane posts!

edit: I guess this post is irrelevant now since the guy has mysteriously disappeared..
      Another one popped up right now.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
        • Jan 2010

Got myself the hoodie in grey-bluish-white. I'd say it's an awesome hoodie. Super soft and because of the dual zippers, can be worn in multiple ways. Length is a bit long for me but should be perfect for those who are taller. Nice kangaroo pockets.

It's not too thick, perfectly fine for summer weathers or for night walks. Love it.
        MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Forward owes Silent a huge debt. Generally, products stick around on that site until they go on sale and even then, they trickle out.
          The Silent stuff (most of it, anyway) has blown out of there with ridiculous speed.

Just think if they could keep all the basics in stock how much business they would do.
          Like I said before...I think it just goes to show how much of a demand there is for mid-tier basics that are made from good material with good cuts.
          If you can sell a t-shirt for $75 that's just your standard cotton tee with a slight twist, you must be doing something right.

I'm fascinated with how well it appears to be doing from a branding angle. I can't help it.
          There are no obvious logos, no visible labels...typical materials, really.
          As far as branding goes, it's almost non-existent. I don't even think they have a website. Next level minimalism really does have an audience I suppose.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
            There are no obvious logos, no visible labels...typical materials, really.
            As far as branding goes, it's almost non-existent. I don't even think they have a website. Next level minimalism really does have an audience I suppose.
            They have, included in the main one :

But you're right, even though their cut makes them easy to recognize.
            In addition, none of the designers praised here have visible logos.

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
              In addition, none of the designers praised here have visible logos.

But I think you're missing my point in terms of branding. Other labels praised here have designers directly associated with them with their names as a prominent part of what they create and an established aesthetic to go with it.

This is the first basics line that I'm aware of that's garnered much attention on SZ. It's tough to compare something like this to Julius or CCP or Ann or RO.
              Even Drkshdw is priced substantially above Silent and a lot of the mens shirts have featured logos and images over the years.

Damir's name is so loosely associated with Silent (and I've heard a lot of conflicting reports as to whether he actually is active in designing the line) that it almost seems inconsequential to the consumer and odd to me that a new line can come out with so much momentum.
              Originally posted by mizzar
              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Matis
                • Feb 2010

It is a quality basics brand, and I have bought their tee and im really satisfied.
                But when i compare prices on forward and our prices on european online sites, example of okini which charges around 350 dollars for a hoodie, forward has the same one for 211, is this only because of the retail price ?

Comment

• May 2007

Seven is in the middle in terms of pricing but closer to oki-ni. I'm wondering too... maybe forward is making a much bigger purchase commitment? I know Seven only received one in each size, and forward must have ordered much more....but so did oki-ni. Maybe it's a customs thing?

Great line I agree. I'll never justify a basic rick tee or double layer for $300+ but I've bought about 10 things from the Silent line (including the hoodie and sneakers) for the price of 3 t-shirts from other designers.

Originally posted by Matis View Post
                  It is a quality basics brand, and I have bought their tee and im really satisfied.
                  But when i compare prices on forward and our prices on european online sites, example of okini which charges around 350 dollars for a hoodie, forward has the same one for 211, is this only because of the retail price ?

Comment

• Faye
                    • Apr 2009

most likely forward got some agreement with paper rain to be able to sell at such low prices as some sort of "introduction sale".
                    remember that exactly the same thing happened with the first DD collection that forward was selling: they also had the cheapest prices on the whole market back then and almost everything sold out in an instant.
                    as far as I remember the following DD collections were priced normally. same thing may also be in the case of Silent.

Comment

• DANSER
                      • Nov 2008

gotta love damir .. anyone tried on the oversize trousers?

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by DANSER View Post
                        gotta love damir .. anyone tried on the oversize trousers?

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                          • Jan 2010

I almost jumped the gun on those trousers the other day but it was between this and the hoodie. I got the hoodie because I realized that I don't actually own any hoodies at all.

Looks good on ya
                          MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

lulz (at christian's post. not fark)

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

I'm really feeling the baggy trousers too.. need to locate those in a brick-and-mortar store pronto. OR I guess an online store with a good returns policy ;)
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

@lowrey: Do you know if Helsinki10 has the pants? Sorry for making a new post but for some reason I can't edit the last one.
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎