• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

the last coat looks very cool Christian

I like the monstres en fourrures avatar ryan
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

Hi...I've got some questions regarding this leather...
      - What's the leather and treatment like? Is it very shiny? Stiff?
      - Sizing. Would an XS of this be the same as say an XS of the SS09 Thin Lamb Moto?
      - General thoughts about this piece? Yes/No?
      - Any other pictures online of this piece other than at luisaviaroma?
      - Lastly...what's the style code + the alphabets to denote the leather?

THANKS!

Comment

• Vikeid
        • Feb 2009

i thought it fitted pretty small when i tried it on. i would size up. im an xs like you. dont remember it being too shiny, def. not as in the pic. material was pretty stiff, not soft or anything.

prob. my favourite leather. if i could afford a ro leather now i would choose that one.

Comment

• Castor
          • Nov 2009

I bought this jacket in Drkshadw at RO NY. I am a 38 in most designers and a small fit me like a glove. The leather is not as shiny as in the photograph. Mine is Hammered Lamb and I believe that is what is in the photo.
          Originally posted by DRRRK
          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

I love this jacket!! Best jacket ever. The collar can be worn all up or folded down half way or folded all the way down. Very versatile. Thick leather. Warm.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Castor View Post
              I bought this jacket in Drkshadw at RO NY. I am a 38 in most designers and a small fit me like a glove. The leather is not as shiny as in the photograph. Mine is Hammered Lamb and I believe that is what is in the photo.
              Is the leather rather stiff? Has it soften a bit with wear on your jacket?
              Btw, what's the style code?
              Thanks!

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Be careful about the leather if you don't want shiny. I don't know about the AW10 pieces but here are the codes for ss09:

LB: unwashed calf
                LM: metallic calf
                LS: silky lambskin
                LC: washed lambskin
                LF: fading lambskin

LM = metallic calf. This stuff is shiny in just about any kind of light and it's produced to be shiny. So if you end up with that treatment, it will be a little stiffer and shinier. If you want soft, go for washed lamb.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• merkuri
                  • Sep 2009

i haven't seen this in person yet, it seems a lot like the high collar from exploder (not the geo or whatever) except maybe a bit stiffer?

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                    Hi...I've got some questions regarding this leather...
                    - What's the leather and treatment like? Is it very shiny? Stiff?
                    - Sizing. Would an XS of this be the same as say an XS of the SS09 Thin Lamb Moto?
                    - General thoughts about this piece? Yes/No?
                    - Any other pictures online of this piece other than at luisaviaroma?
                    - Lastly...what's the style code + the alphabets to denote the leather?

THANKS!
                    I tried on that piece at the RO flagstore in tokyo Y.
                    - the leather wasn't particularly shiny, imo the texture was quite plasticy though and really quite stiff.
                    - the fit was reasonably slim through the body when worn closed, I think you'd be alright with an XS (perhaps the stiffer/more substantial leather made it look more fitted than it really was, didn't like how it sat when worn open). the arms were quite loose though, unless you have really long arms they stack in a slightly awkward way due to the stiffness of the leather.
                    - I really like the design but not the leather, so I'd suggest passing on it as rick will more than likely release different versions of the jacket in subsequent seasons.
                    - pics, pics, pics and more pics.
                    - RU4761 LP (it was only produced in "hammered lambskin").

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
                      I tried on that piece at the RO flagstore in tokyo Y.
                      - the leather wasn't particularly shiny, imo the texture was quite plasticy though and really quite stiff.
                      - the fit was reasonably slim through the body when worn closed, I think you'd be alright with an XS (perhaps the stiffer/more substantial leather made it look more fitted than it really was, didn't like how it sat when worn open). the arms were quite loose though, unless you have really long arms they stack in a slightly awkward way due to the stiffness of the leather.
                      - I really like the design but not the leather, so I'd suggest passing on it as rick will more than likely release different versions of the jacket in subsequent seasons.
                      - pics, pics, pics and more pics.
                      Thanks Damien....for the wealth of useful information...as usual :)
                      So you would say that the XS of this leather fits looser than the SS09 RO silky lamb moto in XS?
                      Cheers!

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

hard to tell tbh as the leathers were completely different. I'd say that the high collar is probably slightly looser than the SS09 moto, however it won't stretch as much with wear due to the stiff leather. I'd still pass on it though Y. ;)

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
                          actually it does at least exist in oiled calf too (LR code probably).
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Castor
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                            Is the leather rather stiff? Has it soften a bit with wear on your jacket?
                            Btw, what's the style code?
                            Thanks!
                            RU4761/LP is the style code. It is a thick lambskin, which was a little stiff when I purchased it. Not shiny at all and it has softened a lot in one week. The stiffness is good, because the collar will stay up if you want. I imagine that it will break in further and become even softer, but it is not a super soft RO leather. Definitely more F/W.

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

I've just watched the Black Eyed Peas on "Wetten Dass..." on german TV and one of them was wearing the DOM coat. Inside! On stage. Must be cold there.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                                actually it does at least exist in oiled calf too (LR code probably).
                                haven't seen that one online or in person, the oiled calf leather would definitely be preferable to the hammered lambskin though imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎