X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rogelro
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by fadetogrey View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anyone from Canada ordered from thecorner.com? I want to place an order, but Canada isn't shown as a choice, which I find strange. I tried emailing and I got a computer generated response (thanks, response-bot )
    if its not listed then they are not serving the country yet

Comment

• sshum88
      • Dec 2007

VAT - has anyone had any experience with claiming your VAT for an over the phone purchase from France?

If I was to purchase an item online via Pollyanna, their system knows to exclude the VAT as the item is being shipped to Canada. But when I purchase something over the phone with the DD store in France, the VAT is included in the price. When I asked about this, the response was: "We could do tax refund if you were buying in Paris but as you are in Canada we can not do it". The VAT in France is 19.6%.

I've purchased items in person in Paris and most stores just fill out the forms that need to be stamped at customs before leaving.
      Originally posted by eat me
      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Unfortunately I just got the same response from the RO store in Paris. It looks like it's just too much paperwork - with Internet you have a ready paper trail to present to authorities. Too bad.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sshum88
          • Dec 2007

Thanks for the response. It's probably due to all the paperwork as you suggested. One day this will all get sorted out to support this global economy of ours.
          Originally posted by eat me
          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

Anyone ever heard of a fucking 27.9 % cotton fee?
            Shipped via TNT from Italy...Can you even contest the charge?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

haha, cotton fee? in addition to tax + customs..?
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

No joke man , Us Customs is fucking crazy. beware people before ordering your all heavy Cotton LUC pants from ITALY

The legality of cotton fees assessed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”), on importations of cotton apparel, cotton fabric, and raw cotton is being challenged in the Court of International Trade (“CIT”). Should this litigation ultimately be favorable, past and future payments of the cotton fees may be recovered by importers.
                The assessed fee is based upon the type of fabric or garment, the net weight of the cotton, and its HTS classification. Cotton fees are used to fund the activities of the Cotton Board in advertising, promotion, and research and development on behalf of the U.S. cotton industry.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

the cotton industry must be pretty fucking good at lobbying
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

Inspired by the latest developments, I wanted to offer up a new slogan for the cotton industry. No charge!
                    Cotton: The touch, the feel, the raping of your life.
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Lumina
                      • Dec 2009

These days, I hate customs with all my heart.

Comment

• dee
                        • Aug 2008

I'm buying a pair of shoes for $320US from Italy via eBay that's being shipped to Canada. Can anyone give me an approximate % of how much I'll have to pay in customs?

Comment

• KM80
                          • Mar 2008

I'd guess at least $60.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                            • Apr 2009

Sorry I realize I'm late posting this, but some info for anyone else: last time I got a pair of shoes into Canada (from Italy as well) the fees were GST 5%+11% Duty.

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

Did anyone else order from FEVER in Sweden and incur some kind of duties/taxes charges? I received my order today and the UPS guy said it was a C.O.D. charge initially (Cash on Delivery) but the amount was $34.17 on a $204.00 order from Sweden.

I've never paid a customs/duty fee on anything from Europe to the states. I don't know if I've just been lucky or those fees were incurred by the shop.

There was no bill for it. The only thing I have is a cancelled check that I wrote for the amount. It definitely wasn't the driver because it's the same guy I've had for years and he knows me so well he calls me by name.
                              The bottom line was that he couldn't let me have it until I gave him a check for the amount due.

Any clues? The Fever site says 'Tax Free for all non-EU customers' but I guess that's the VAT? I didn't see it included in the price but I've never been able to solve the VAT mystery.

edit: The item in question is a pair of wool pants so I may have avoided the dreaded cotton tax.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

Of course I cannot judge how it is in the US but in my opinion you have to pay the VAT somewhere. If not with your purchase, then later in your country. I guess you were lucky until now. Or, if this is the case more often than not, we Germans are unlucky. C.O.D. would be a nice thing over here. I have to go to the customs office to pick up my packages and what I had to pay there until now is nearly 35% of the price I already paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎