X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: International Ordering

... something that costs more than some of the cars in the parking lot at my apt. complex.

.... but then again, that could easily just be a MA+ wallet judging from some of the junkers out here hahaha.

just a lil ol CCP maybe... depends on that there Vat!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
      • Jan 2008

^Yeah, the actual charge I had to pay, last time I received a package
      to my home in London from the states, was vat+royal mail handling fee,
      which was around 8.5% of the declared value. Gifts with a value over £36
      are subject to charges, but as Johnny_herb says it's a bit of a lottery!

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• generic_guy
        • Mar 2007

In the UK you do tend to get charged most of the time if the item isn't marked down but I can't see where he's getting the $400 charge from.

Percentage-wise you can get screwed on lower value stuff because as well as duty (9% I think) and VAT (17.5%) some carrier charge £15-20 as "handling".

On a $600 parcel I would say worst case is around $220.

Comment

• Tiger
          Banned
          • Sep 2006

first timer ordering from lazzari and would like to know how long does it take for them to get back to me with an invoice so i can pay already?

heard that the transaction via paypal is recommended instead of direct credit card payment... any other helpful tips would be greatly appreciated ie. customs..

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

they're italian so they sometimes take forever and take their sweet time. if you don't hear within a few days, just make the transaction again. matteo USUALLY takes around 2-3 days to respond.

anyhow, they'll give you an option to have the price be inclusive of duties and shipping or just shipping. people usually suggest to pay with duties and shipping being inclusive so you don't get hit with major customs fees. also, they'll take the VAT out as well, which is nice.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

I just browsed through this thread, is your question still up?

I dont think that Kurt will ship internationally unless you dont know him, but thats not for granted.

I could offer you to buy what you want and ship it to you. I live in cologne...just in case you are still looking.

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

... something that costs more than some of the cars in the parking lot at my apt. complex.

.... but then again, that could easily just be a MA+ wallet judging from some of the junkers out here hahaha.

just a lil ol CCP maybe... depends on that there Vat!

[/quote]
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• J_J
                • Apr 2008

if you guys need help contacting italian stores let me know..I speak italian and have free calls to landlines :D

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="J_J"]

if you guys need help contacting italian stores let me know..I speak italian and have free calls to landlines :D

[/quote]

bon giorno! did you go? how did it go? you can pm me if anything.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aruva
                    • Dec 2007

Re: International Ordering : Double customs story

Here is my latest brutal experience when I ordered a leather jacket from Italy. Original cost was 900 E. When I took the delivery, customs was around 80 $ ,so far so good. It did not fit me and I returned it to original seller. Guess what?. Italian customs put an import duty of 260 Euros on this and original merchant is refusing to pay the duty. Add to this 200 $ for shipping. UPS asks me to pay the customs or take the package back. (even if I wish to take it back, i still need to pay the customs PLUS returns charges to US)

This is mindblowingly numb, because, infact, I am returing to original merchant and have enclosed the invoice!!!

I do not think it is worth anymore..

any advice???[72]

Comment

• sharkweek
                      • Apr 2008

I don't know if this will help many people here, or if it's applicable in other countries, but when buying/shipping from the US to Canada it's almost always best to choose the express shipping vs. standard when using privatized shipping companies (DHL, UPS, Fedex, etc) not only because it's faster but also because when a package crosses the border on ground (standard ground blah shipping) you immediately have to give over $40 to some fatass broker and THEN pay your local taxes (5% here in Alberta) whereas if you spent the extra $15 on express shipping you wouldn't have to throw away $40 and more often than not the courier will simply drop the box off at your doorstep with no additional fees.

parcel crossing a border on ground: $40 + local taxes
                      parcel crossing a border on a plane: nothing!

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

[quote user="aruva"]

Here is my latest brutal experience when I ordered a leather jacket from Italy. Original cost was 900 E. When I took the delivery, customs was around 80 $ ,so far so good. It did not fit me and I returned it to original seller. Guess what?. Italian customs put an import duty of 260 Euros on this and original merchant is refusing to pay the duty. Add to this 200 $ for shipping. UPS asks me to pay the customs or take the package back. (even if I wish to take it back, i still need to pay the customs PLUS returns charges to US)

This is mindblowingly numb, because, infact, I am returing to original merchant and have enclosed the invoice!!!

I do not think it is worth anymore..

any advice???[72]

[/quote]

How the hell is that possible? Surely you can get some sort of relief if you're just returning the item?

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

that has to be up to the seller to sort it out with customs, surely the merchant can prove that its returning goods and I dont believe the customs would be so f'ed up that you cant take returns from overseas??

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Yea, I've returned stuff to LVR without any problems. Talk to the seller.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aruva
                              • Dec 2007

Re: International Ordering : Double customs story-S**t in the time of recession

Thanks faust. I spoke to merchant Motel Salieri . They refused to pay the italy customs and UPS store contacted me to pay 500 USD or take back the package (taking back means paying 500 USD+shipping back to US+customs in US)..

Returning to LVR was a breeze. Never deal with the small operations anymore.

story cannot be any more fucked up.Shit in time of recession.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Re: International Ordering : Double customs story-S**t in the time of recession

[quote user="aruva"]

Thanks faust. I spoke to merchant Motel Salieri . They has refused to pay the italy customs and UPS store contacted me to pay 500 USD or take back the package (taking back means paying 500 USD+shipping back to US+customs in US)..

Returning to LVR was a breeze. Never deal with the small operations anymore.

story cannot be any more fucked up.Shit in time of recession.

[/quote]

That's bizarre. I talked to my wife, and it looks like you are out of luck :-( she said the seller should take the package, and explain to customs that it's a return. i guess they just don't want to bother.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎