Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Re: International Ordering : Double customs story-S**t in the time of recession

Damn that's ridiculous. I would definitely contact the seller again. Are you doing a return or exchange? If the former that may be the reason why the seller is being so stubborn.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• aruva
      • Dec 2007

AKA*** these guys are running a small operation of poell, carpe diem and they are an art collective. They do not have more than two pieces of Poell, CD, and art provera collections. I asked for bigger size and they said they dont have it. First of all, they never put low value in thier shipment, so I ended up paying more customs in US. Then they asked me to send the jacket back and enclosed original invoice and sent it back. I wrote many mails for them to contact UPS (it was in hold for many days at italy customs) and they did not even talk. Now they say, they cannot accept jacket by paying italy customs.

UPS asks me to pay the customs so that they can deliver it. Now, I am worried to get what I paid them. Never ever in my life I have encountered a situation like this. Trust me, at the end of teh day, US shopping is heaven.

Total price for this shit : 700 $ negative.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

thats absolutely ridicilous.. the customs here in Finland are very tight, and I'm 100% sure businesses can receive packages as a return andif theres a confusion, you can go to the customs office and clear it up by proving that its an item you've sold to the buyer and its just coming back. I'm very certain that its the same case in Italy, what they'd need to do is to send in the necessary paper work to UPS or the customs and clear it.

I was actually going to order something from Salieri but I'll skip if they fuck you up like this

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• aruva
          • Dec 2007

I just paid UPS . Done forever. Lesson learnt- deal with SZ friends abroad and try to buy through them.

What baffled me was that they stopped even receiving mycalls and told UPS to deliver it back to me. I returned some items to Luisa and it was a breeze. Never ever , I am imagining a situation with complete lack of apathy,understanding on sellers part. Especially coming from a niche store like that hurts even more because, our community is so small.

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

Boycott [Y]
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

just inquired something from them a couple of weeks ago, sent a reply now:

thank you for your reply.

I have recently learned that a friend of mine had serious problems dealing with you, as he was quite obnoxiouslyprevented from returninga purchaseand was also unable to communicate with you.I dont find this kind of business appropriate and will have to refrain from ordering the several items I was going to.

[Y]
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• aruva
                • Dec 2007

Thanks Arto. Always feel proud be a part of SZ community where relationship with each other,our relationships with the stores are sovaluable in nature and we always try to support stores that caters our very niche,distinct taste.I believe we and the stores share a mutual relationship and cannot be one way.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I will also PM Amadeus, who is a member of this forum. Hopefully he has an explanation for this. Someone should spread the word to other forums. This is not good.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

so i'm looking to order an item from an italian store. 80 euros for shipping a pair of pants via fedex. i'm not too appalled by that price, but what i'm most concerned about is customs. i asked if i could pay the customs up front and they said that they couldn't.

basically my question is, should i be prepared for a 10% charge + $25 as faust mentioned earlier in this thread?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

so i'm looking to order an item from an italian store. 80 euros for shipping a pair of pants via fedex. i'm not too appalled by that price, but what i'm most concerned about is customs. i asked if i could pay the customs up front and they said that they couldn't.

basically my question is, should i be prepared for a 10% charge + $25 as faust mentioned earlier in this thread?

[/quote]

It seems like the charges are pretty random? If I were you I'd call UPS and tell them the price, where it's coming from and the type of goods/fabric, etc. and see if you can get a quote.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pinoy
                        • Dec 2006

Lazzari

I've planning on ordering something from Lazarri and was hoping someone here could give me some advice on what would be the best way to purchase something from them would be. I'm located in the United States and am a bit confused on how their shipping / customs / VAT all works. I understand they give the buyer the following options:

1. Paying for shipping (exorbitant I hear) and VAT (about 14%?). Am I understanding this correctly that by doing so, the buyer doesn't have to pay US custom charges?

2. Paying for shipping and not paying for VAT. Am I correct in understand that since the buyer isn't paying for VAT, he'll have to pay heavy customs fees when it arrives into the USA? Usually how much do customs charge? Also, will Lazzari mark the item to be of low value?

Lastly, would ordering through a proxy located within the EU be a smart move?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

• Yan
                          • Mar 2008

Re: Lazzari

Happy to do any EU proxys

Comment

• dadaduke
                            • Aug 2008

japan proxy?

ok folks,
                            a close friend of mine, Cid, will be leaving for the land of the rising sun and will be there for 1 year. and he decides to start a proxy pretty soon. orders anyone?

you know the drill, pass me online shop links or address or pictures(preferred with shop address) so i can pass to him where he can go shop for your items. but i guess the usual jp labels like julius, attachment, number nine, mihara, viridi-anne etc shouldnt be a problem.

same thing as other proxy does. his charges im not pretty sure. but i sure think its gonna work out.
                            let u guys know when he has his own web.

cheers,
                            dada.

Comment

• james
                              • Jan 2009

Duties are a pain in the arse
                              I think we can all agree
                              thankfully there are certain stores that will lower the value which really helps
                              I recently made a order with Antonioli
                              the total comes to around 2900 CAD
                              I dont even want to think about the fee's ill be paying
                              anyone have any clue how much it may be

thanks

Comment

• drexl
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by james View Post
                                Duties are a pain in the arse
                                I think we can all agree
                                thankfully there are certain stores that will lower the value which really helps
                                I recently made a order with Antonioli
                                the total comes to around 2900 CAD
                                I dont even want to think about the fee's ill be paying
                                anyone have any clue how much it may be

thanks
                                Youch. Well, from experience, leather items are taxed at 29% (duties + GST/Provincial sales tax) and normal garments are around 33%.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎